Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JC5280
I think if you surveyed folks who order steak on a plane, you will find that the word "rare" never appears. Its the entree choice that can most easily be botched. Reason for that is, in the catering kitchens, they usually cook the meat to a medium rare temp. The meat has to be reheated onboard which usually brings it to a medium level or higher.

I try to choose meals onboard as if I am having leftovers. What would reheat the best? Order that.
Very wise approach. Food safety is very important and they are not set up to cook fresh food onboard. Altitude is know to change tastes too. Some of the caterers are good about prepping the food to a state that presents a good meal, but way too many cost cuts make it tough.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
UGH I have the dreaded two entree choice tomorrow for dinner ORD-LGA:

Teriyaki "beef"
Cremini "dog barf" mushroom ravioli

Might as well fill up on soup in the AC or just go to Chilis. Cannot wait to see these two dishes be history!
Yep.....my point from one of the first posts to this thread. Where's the salad. Sending this onboard a DL flight from BOS to MSP and sandwich and asian chicken salad as choices with darn good service (very proactive FA's) including a PDB. DL shines (not perfect but darn good).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.