Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

oneworld and AA Lounge Access Based on oneworld Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 20, 2015, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
oneworld and American Airlines Lounge Access Based on oneworld Status
Relax in more premium lounges around the world

If your oneworld® frequent flyer tier status is Emerald or Sapphire, or you are traveling in a First or Business Class cabin on any oneworld member airline, you can access more than 600 airport lounges throughout the world.

This means you can relax or catch up with work in comfort and style before departure, regardless of which oneworld member airline you choose to fly with.

To be eligible, you must be departing on a flight that is both marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline.
  • Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.

• Lounges operated by third parties are identified in the lounge finder tool (above). Access to these lounges is restricted to eligible customers when travelling on specific oneworld airlines as shown in the lounge finder tool.

• Arrivals lounges are excluded.

• Spa and Pre-Flight Dining facilities are excluded.

• British Airways Concorde lounges are excluded.

• Other exceptions may apply (see below).

oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status

Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).
  • Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.

• Sapphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. (*does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges)

• Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.

• You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.

The following exceptions apply:
  • First and Business Class customers who do not hold Emerald or Sapphire tier status are not eligible to access American Airlines or US Airways lounges when travelling on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean; customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.

• Guests are not permitted at Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha or Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4.
Children: AA and most lounges will admit young children without applying guest access limitations. Children 18 or over (and in many Lounges those flying on adult tickets) will always be seen as adults falling under guest rules, unless you're an Admirals Club member seeking Club access with "immediate family".

Print Wikipost

oneworld and AA Lounge Access Based on oneworld Status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
How about if I am traveling on domestically on QF? I'm not sure if I'll be doing my Sydney portion right away or traveling to Brisbane or Melbourne right away. I will have had the international segment in business and am also a club member. Thanks again for the info, always appreciated.
If you decide to connect onward to BNE or MEL on a QF flight then after exiting immigrations/customs at SYD T1 (Int. term) head to the right and follow the signs to the Qantas 'seamless' transfer facility. There you can recheck your bags and wait for a bus to take you to T3 whereupon as an Emerald you will have access to the domestic business lounge.

Ask about showers when you arrive.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
I was just looking to find out information on this... as I'm flying internationally with my family, how this works. I fly domestically alot with them, and AA's policy has always been family (immediate; spouse + kids under 18).

Internationally as a EXP, will I only be able to get in 1 guest with me? I guess its sort of mute at this point as my oldest child will become PLT due to a challenge next week, but this will be annoying if I have to trade off my kids in challenges every 3 years to keep all of us getting access to at least Business lounges.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:42 pm

AA Exec. Plat. flying transcon JFK - SFO in business

Can I access the Flagship lounge or only the AC? Thx.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Rob 1k
AA status does not apply on a solely domestic itinerary, so you get AC access.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Originally Posted by Rob 1k
AA status does not apply on a solely domestic itinerary, so you get AC access.
This is correct.

To be clear, A/C access is available due to being in business class as a "Transcontinental Premium Class" passenger (SFO/JFK), not for any other reason.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...s.jsp#transcon
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
serfty is correct, AA Platinum status doesn't play into this at all. A non-status AAdvantage member would also get AC access on this itinerary, and even an EXP would not get Flagship Lounge access on this route when flying in business.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I searched this thread for "dublin" but nothing came up, and I've no clue whether I'll get access to the EI lounge or not.

I have found on a google search that I'd have access if I were on the ORD flight, last updated 2012, and on another page I found that AA launched the JFK route last year. What I can't seem to find is info about access from after 290 was launched. Anyone know?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
My Experiences:

Enjoy the flagship lounge! Above and beyond better than the One World lounge. I spent a few hours there and had good food, easy access to beverages, and most of all - peace and quiet! The one world lounge is a mess! Packed with people! The reports on flyer talk are true. Just wanted to share.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:27 pm

Can a US Airways Chairman's Preferred (OW Emerald) get access to Flagship Lounge when on a domestic itinerary?

Per AA.com, access includes:

oneworld Emerald customers** when departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary.

Exclusion:

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

Does not explicitly excluded US members, or is this implicitly excluded now that US is technically part of AA - despite separate FFPs still?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Can a US Airways Chairman's Preferred (OW Emerald) get access to Flagship Lounge when on a domestic itinerary?

Per AA.com, access includes:

Does not explicitly excluded US members, or is this implicitly excluded now that US is technically part of AA - despite separate FFPs still?
That page would be relevant if you were EXP.

These pages are more relevant to USair CP:

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...b/default.html

In short, the answer is no!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I am having a bit of a problem getting into the Flagship Lounge today and maybe someone can let me know if I am totally off base or if I am rightfully a little peeved.

I am traveling in an hour and a half on the 1:00 AM flight from LAX-DFW and then continuing on the same day on AA137 DFW-HKG. I know my EXP status entitles me to flagship lounge access the if I have a same day international departure on AA which I do. When I got to the check in desk at the Admirals club they happily gave me the key to get into the Flagship lounge. When I entered the woman who was check boarding passes very loudly said that "we have a problem" and that today doesn't end till 11:59PM (it's 11:00 PM at this point) so I am not allowed to enter. Shen then kicks my dad and I out. My main problem is that she did't really handle it in a very friendly way and that she was talking loud enough for half the lounge to hear. Secondly it seems kind of absurd that if I am on the last flight of the day I can't enter even though my ticket qualifies for entry.

Anyways there's my rant. Please let me know what you guys honestly think and let me know if I am crazy and should just be happy to wait till midnight and then access the FL for my last 30min in the lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ostensibly, you would have access at 00:01 for the same day connection.

What time does the F/L close?

Last edited by serfty; Jan 7, 2015 at 1:14 am
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I'm not sure if I've read it right, but do you have to pay for sandwiches and such in the AA lounges? Coming from Europe that's quite shocking!

I will be travelling throughout the US in May and I will have oneworld Emerald status (BA).
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
Ostensibly, you would have access at 00:01 for the same day connection.

What time does the F/L close?
That was my thought as well. I waited it out in the Admirals Club till Midnight and then went to access the F/L. I was told that it was closed. Apparently the F/L closes at 11:15 PM even though the admirals club doesn't close till 12:30AM. I can't believe that they wouldn't let me in for the 15 minutes from 11:00PM when I originally tried to enter to closing time of 11:15PM. I could understand if they denied me access if I showed up 5 hours early for my flight but in this case I was at the airport exactly 2 hours before my flight like they want you to be but they wouldn't grant me lounge access.

The icing on the cake was when I mentioned to an agent very nicely that I thought it defied common sense to deny me entry. She piped right up and told me that she was in fact the agent that allowed me to stay in the normal part of the admirals club even though my flight was the next day and that I was "welcome for her kind gesture". I was kind of stunned so I just walked away and didn't say anything about the fact that I am an AC member and that she should probably look at my account before she makes those kind of remarks.

Overall not a great experience
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
I'm not sure if I've read it right, but do you have to pay for sandwiches and such in the AA lounges? Coming from Europe that's quite shocking!

I will be travelling throughout the US in May and I will have oneworld Emerald status (BA).
Food and drinks are free only in Flagship lounges (JFK, LAX and ORD). In regular Admirals Clubs you will get coupons for premium drinks but you will have to pay for food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.