Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by JDiver
May 9 - July 31, concurrently to the AAdvantage NAS16 bonus miles offer for round trip travel to Europe, Business Extra is offering its own bonus: BXTA16. Up to 1,600 BEX points (fare class dependent) for each round trip to Europe within that time frame.

Signup and T&C: https://www.businessextra.com/i18n/c...ers/BXTA16.jsp
I was just checking this offer again and found that it has been extended to Aug 31. Re-posting in case anyone can take advantage of it.

https://www.businessextra.com/i18n/c...ers/BXTA16.jsp
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by william142
Im on an anytime business extra award and also an EXP at t24 today i got an email stating ive been upgraded on both segments. I thought these were treated like award tickets and comp upgrades are not allowed?
Normally not upgradeable but could be a couple of factors. Given the heavy summer travel period, flights could have been overbooked and few other elites on the flight, thus they went into the award inventory to upgrade ExecPlats, then Plats. Or could be a computer test of the system we will have later next year where we can get comp upgrades on our award tickets (NAmerican routes only of course).

Just booked a BusExtra award for December (2K transcon) so it will be interesting to see if this is a new, unannounced ExecPlat benefit. Had to use US metal on one of the major transcon sectors (CLT-LAX) so it would be nice to get an upgrade given there really is no extra leg room seating other than bulkhead and exit rows...neither of which I like sitting in but had little choice.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone's July points posted yet? Hoping for the big TATL bonus but worried BA flights aren't going to track right.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by dukerau
Anyone's July points posted yet? Hoping for the big TATL bonus but worried BA flights aren't going to track right.

Not yet, but since the bonus was extended to August 31, not sure if the May-July activity will post.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by dukerau
Not here.

Did DFW-TLV 7/19-26th... nothing showing yet.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by shihyin
I was just checking this offer again and found that it has been extended to Aug 31. Re-posting in case anyone can take advantage of it.

https://www.businessextra.com/i18n/c...ers/BXTA16.jsp
Thank you for reposting this, as the link didn't work when I tried it back in June, and I then forgot about it.

5 TATL R/Ts eligible for this May-July! ^
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Nothing here! Lets hope the extended promo doesnt mean bonus points posting in octorber
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:49 pm

Nothing here and I bet the extension of the promo means these points won't post for awhile. I had some BA flights not post properly a few weeks ago. AA had to manually post the BE points and when I asked about the bonus they said it would be after the promo ended. We'll see if that still applies given the extension.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fotographer
Just to let everyone know, I was checking my AA business extra account yesterday,
seems a lot of segments are not posting, just in the last 3 months alone, 7 long haul segments did not post for points, most of the reasons were that I never took the flight,
(most on BA), I would advise you all to check your balances and make sure every flight is accounted for. (they will back credit up to a year)
Thanks a lot, found out 3 of 5 trips in the first half of the year didn't get credit
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
I was flying BOS-DFW last week and had used a pair of BE upgrade certs to F. When I handed them to the GA in BOS, she handed them back and said, "I don't need those for you, you're good to go." I've never not had a GA take the certs before.

Do I need to call BE about them? Can I re-use them? Should I just trash them?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mctrees02
I was flying BOS-DFW last week and had used a pair of BE upgrade certs to F. When I handed them to the GA in BOS, she handed them back and said, "I don't need those for you, you're good to go." I've never not had a GA take the certs before.

Maybe the agent didn't know what to do with them.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:37 pm

This happened to me LHR-DFW one time from J-->F. I guess I never thought to try and reuse the cert! Doh!

Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat

In my experience I had to get it processed at the check in desk as these don't allow you to check in online. Were you able to check in online? Or did you mean Check in desk agent instead of Gate Agent?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, but likely for not much longer
Posting stats on Biz Extra is abysmal for British Airways flights. Had a number of BA biz flights in past months - only one trip posted properly. I did everything I could think of before the trip - call BA and have the numbers entered in by them manually; call Biz Extra before the flights; remind the BA agent at check-in. Just seems to be a structural error between Biz Extra and BA. If this messes up any of those juicy, juicy summer bonuses - there will be words.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: status free since 2017
I am auditing my account for last several months and seeing several issues. I only have 45 points for $1500 worth of travel this year (all AA metal).

And for last year, I am getting 1pt/$10 of Qualifying Revenue. It shows on the website, it should be 2 pts. So a little confused... what is the earning supposed to look like? Is it 2pts/$10 of Base Airfare or Qualifying Revenue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.