Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by swy
Would I be able to redeem Business Extra points for a day pass to an Admiral Club at the AC? Thanks.
With the AC pass redemption, you need to wait for the paper pass to arrive in the mail, so I'd say it is unlikely you can do it on the spot at an AC.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:22 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by ckpeter
With the AC pass redemption, you need to wait for the paper pass to arrive in the mail, so I'd say it is unlikely you can do it on the spot at an AC.
Thanks. I guess I will be sweaty then...
Old Jun 10, 2016, 10:10 pm

holbiho -- what is the change to AA Cargo that is reducing your points earning? This is how I earn most of my Business Extra points so I'm curious if I missed something. I was expecting my earnings to increase with recent changes.

We spend about $1.5 MM per year with AA Cargo and earn points on about half that (previously they excluded fuel, taxes, and security from the revenue that earns points). The recent change to our rates, and they claimed they were doing it to everyone, is we have an all-inclusive rate. Only taxes and screening are now a line item. So I was expecting to go from getting points awarded on 50% of our spend to closer to 90% as I figured the all-inclusive rate would now be considered line haul revenue. Did I miss something?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:48 pm

Does anyone know if there is a cutoff time before a flight which someone can apply a bxp1 certificate? Can one be applied at t-2 after online check in?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by holbiho
hey guys-- which rewards you guys typically redeem from the Business Extraa? I used to get a ton of points when the AA cargo had a different setup-- so now the points are coming in lower amounts than in the past.

In the past i used it to reward AA gold to an employee and some admiral membership.

This year I'm thinking of using either

1. the 650 point for ONE Segment domestic class upgrade
2. The one way upgrade for INTL flights to Asia or Europe for 3100 points

what awards do you guys like to use?
In my orgs case, the BXP1 has been the most useful, as we had a lot of trips SFO or SEA to/from MIA on the way to Haiti. Esp. valuable for the staff members who wanted to take the red-eye to MIA.

I just returned a BXP3 as we weren't able to use it in time ... two of us had enough SWUs, which are easier to use in practice. This is true esp. when returning via EU outposts, where BE certs seem to confuse them more often than not.

Next up, I'm trying to use a BX9B for an r/t SFO-AKL (if I could just find availability, sigh, )
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:01 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
I've done a few searches and cannot find this answer yet. What fare class do the partner awards need to book? There is no concept of Anytime vs Plan Ahead and the terms do mention that "seats need to be available". Would a 27,000 point business ticket to India from North America book into J, or something else?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:25 pm

gwade - the partner awards work much like Anytime awards from my experience. If there is a seat for sale you should be able to book. I booked several right after they were introduced last year and this was the case. You can mix airlines too (you can fly AA metal to LHR and then connect on to BA to qualify for a partner award ... I think just one segment has to include a partner).
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Its june 23rd and no May 2016 flights have yet credited, have others seen delays from may?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Its june 23rd and no May 2016 flights have yet credited, have others seen delays from may?
Our May flights were credited around June 15th.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
Thanks,

I had a bad feeling about this... I will call them
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:00 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Also got credit. Just submit a missing credit form online. The process runs pretty quickly now.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by uxb
Also got credit. Just submit a missing credit form online. The process runs pretty quickly now.

Thanks did this, it was a ba flight that did not credit hopefully the bonus will still credit okay. too bad the credits dont show at the same time as FF miles do
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:17 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Thanks did this, it was a ba flight that did not credit hopefully the bonus will still credit okay. too bad the credits dont show at the same time as FF miles do
It's not a perfect system, but you used to have to wait for months for credit.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by uxb
It's not a perfect system, but you used to have to wait for months for credit.
Im not in a hurry as long as the promo posts as well I have no clue what to use them on yet but Im sure something will come up
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
... same here, around 15th.

(didn't it always used to be the 19th?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.