Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Had a weird one the other day. I was booking a mileage ticket from Asia 1 to Asia 2 that I had put on hold. First agent had to take the ticket to the fare desk for some reason, and I didn't have time to wait, so I called back later. The second agent was apologetic but told me she wasn't able to ticket it unless I was able to provide her my BusinessExtra number. She agreed it made no sense, but the system wouldn't let her move forward w/o it. Fast forward to today and the points are out of my account, and nothing thankfully touched with the BE points. Am I the only one? What were they looking at/for? (Note: this is a mileage ticket that's attached to a paid F fare coming back from Asia)
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:33 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Abhinavt
Looking at my British Airways ticket on the American site, the fare component of my fare for a J fare is only $110, the rest of the $1300 amount is listed as Surcharges and Taxes !
So will I just earn 110/5 = 25 measly points for this fare ?
I have seen some very odd postings! A lot of that BA fare will be Fuel Surcharges and UK Taxes (if applicable). I would submit a query as it might resolve it.

One ticket of mine for December, has been posted three different times with a different couple of BA/AA segments posting each time.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Another BA/business extra question

Sorry if this was addressed further down stream, I'm at work & internet surfing is frowned upon and can't read the whole thread.

I have a BA flight tonight that I want to credit to AA. When I made the reservation I originally had my BA number in the reservation and was able to add my business extra number to the reservation online. I switched my FF number from BA to AA last night and now I get an error when I go in to either add or verify my business extra number is in there. Did adding my AA number somehow get the business extra number dropped or should I be okay?

I'm guessing i'll have to request the credit later w/ business extra, but would it just be automatic if possible.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:11 am

Ok thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:12 pm

how long does it take before flights are credited? I took a flight march 24 and return mar 27 and still don't see it.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:25 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Give it about a month and a half. Keep good records of your ticket numbers as well. Any change in your reservation or IRROPs typically will remove your BE number from the record.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:01 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by GB
Give it about a month and a half. Keep good records of your ticket numbers as well. Any change in your reservation or IRROPs typically will remove your BE number from the record.
Even having your ticket re-issued through a schedule change will make this happen!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 10:21 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by babypuwet
how long does it take before flights are credited? I took a flight march 24 and return mar 27 and still don't see it.
They post the following months sometime between the 10th and 17th. Not posted today so some time this week, probably.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
Is there a policy for using upgrade certificates on flights ticketed before expiration but flown after? Can they "use" the certificate over the phone vs. at the counter day of travel?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:46 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Your certificate is redeemed on the day of departure, so I would imagine the answer to your query is: "no, you cannot use expired certificates on travel booked before the expiry date."
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by uxb
Your certificate is redeemed on the day of departure, so I would imagine the answer to your query is: "no, you cannot use expired certificates on travel booked before the expiry date."
Correct, I just called about this yesterday as I have a couple expiring 6/30/16.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 2mm, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Correct, I just called about this yesterday as I have a couple expiring 6/30/16.
And should I assume they didn't generously offer to exchange the certs for new ones?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
LAXHND16

The promo ended on 3/31/2016.
It says Business Extra bonus points will be posted to the account within six to eight weeks after the offer ends.
Does it really take that long?
Has anyone already received the bonus points?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:44 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
The promo ended on 3/31/2016.
It says Business Extra bonus points will be posted to the account within six to eight weeks after the offer ends.
Does it really take that long?
Has anyone already received the bonus points?
IME w/ BE offers, it will take that long, but sometimes longer, and points will not always post correctly. Wait the 8 weeks. If you don't see anything, then contact their CS.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by uxb
OTOH, I haven't been able to get anyone to take my certificates on the day of travel for the last 8 or so flight segments dating back to last December. When I offered them at check-in, the TAs didn't seem to bother looking at them and didn't take them even after prompting. So for the last couple of segments I didn't pull them out and was never asked for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.