Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
As it's a documented benefit, it shouldn't count as an exception, favor or waiver.
Thanks! Of course I will verify with Aadvantage CS tomorrow because I will need to rearrange my travel plans to get enough BE points and don't want to do it if it will cause any problems in the future.
Old May 23, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: ba gold
can you use a BXP1 on a domestic flight booked on 125 stock or only if its on 001 stock.
nvm found the answer on the website
Upgrades are valid only with tickets issued on American Airlines ticket stock.

Last edited by a mirrer; May 23, 2016 at 5:20 am Reason: found the answer
Old May 28, 2016, 3:31 pm

I want to register to Business Extra to take advantage of the 1600 bonus points. The transatlantic round-trip I booked starts on the 28th of July, and ends on August 14th... so will I be able to get the bonus ?
Thanks
Old May 28, 2016, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by canadou
I want to register to Business Extra to take advantage of the 1600 bonus points. The transatlantic round-trip I booked starts on the 28th of July, and ends on August 14th... so will I be able to get the bonus ?
Thanks
The promo is for roundtrip travel and ends July 31.
I doubt you would get credit if you do not complete the roundtrip by July 31.
It clearly states "Eligible transatlantic travel completed between May 1, 2016 and July 31, 2016 will be eligible for the transatlantic bonus."
(Boldface added by me for emphasis)
https://businessextra.com/i18n/conte...ers/BXTA16.jsp
Old May 29, 2016, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by mvoight
The promo is for roundtrip travel and ends July 31.
I doubt you would get credit if you do not complete the roundtrip by July 31.
It clearly states "Eligible transatlantic travel completed between May 1, 2016 and July 31, 2016 will be eligible for the transatlantic bonus."
(Boldface added by me for emphasis)
https://businessextra.com/i18n/conte...ers/BXTA16.jsp
Thanks for your answer, do you know if those kind of promos are usually renewed or extended ?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:16 am

American Airlines is pleased to announce an additional nine routes out of Los Angeles (LAX), including daily service to Auckland, New Zealand on our new 787 Dreamliner. Eight new U.S. routes launched on June 2nd and our inaugural flight to Auckland, New Zealand will take flight on June 23rd!

For a limited time we’re offering double points when you fly these new routes anytime before August 31, 2016. Simply register with promotional code LAXNR16 to receive double bonus points for each new LAX route that you fly. Get rewarded for your travel—don’t miss out!
ETA: I get "Promotion Code is not valid." when I try to use it.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by djibouti
ETA: I get "Promotion Code is not valid." when I try to use it.
Not working for me, either.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
No luck for me either.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plt, Hyatt Plt
It's working now.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Plat
hey guys-- which rewards you guys typically redeem from the Business Extraa? I used to get a ton of points when the AA cargo had a different setup-- so now the points are coming in lower amounts than in the past.

In the past i used it to reward AA gold to an employee and some admiral membership.

This year I'm thinking of using either

1. the 650 point for ONE Segment domestic class upgrade
2. The one way upgrade for INTL flights to Asia or Europe for 3100 points

what awards do you guys like to use?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by holbiho
hey guys-- which rewards you guys typically redeem from the Business Extraa? I used to get a ton of points when the AA cargo had a different setup-- so now the points are coming in lower amounts than in the past.

In the past i used it to reward AA gold to an employee and some admiral membership.

This year I'm thinking of using either

1. the 650 point for ONE Segment domestic class upgrade
2. The one way upgrade for INTL flights to Asia or Europe for 3100 points

what awards do you guys like to use?
In the past couple of years, I've used 6 BXP3 awards (INTL one-way upgrades), as I personally find this is the best value for them.

10 hours in international J for 3100 points is 310 points per hour. It's 216 points per hour on a typical 3-hour domestic flight. BUT, you're only in a recliner seat, and usually without AVOD and a much more limited offering of in-flight dining.

The value is ultimately determined by you, of course.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by econometrics
In the past couple of years, I've used 6 BXP3 awards (INTL one-way upgrades), as I personally find this is the best value for them.

10 hours in international J for 3100 points is 310 points per hour. It's 216 points per hour on a typical 3-hour domestic flight. BUT, you're only in a recliner seat, and usually without AVOD and a much more limited offering of in-flight dining.

The value is ultimately determined by you, of course.
thanks for the reply... i agree the 3100 would be a nice perk to use.

i was thinking of the 650 upgrade for the MIAMI to LAX flights on a 777 - or maybe the red eye flights on the way back...

part of me always wants to have alittle fun with it and pay for intl biz ticket and then use the 3100 award for jumping up to first class... just for the hell of it.. one time.

ill probably wait to i reach 3100 and then decide... currently at 2300 points... so still gotta wait.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by holbiho
part of me always wants to have alittle fun with it and pay for intl biz ticket and then use the 3100 award for jumping up to first class... just for the hell of it.. one time.
2 of the 6 BXP3s that I have burned, I have done that with them. The J->F space is almost always open to use these certs at booking.

Particularly if you're on the old 777 with the angled lie-flats, I find the upgrade to Flagship First well worth it. ^
Old Jun 9, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
How often do they have 3rd party promotions (Budget rental car, Verizon, etc)? I don't travel internationally but I'd like to rack up some points...
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:35 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Would I be able to redeem Business Extra points for a day pass to an Admiral Club at the AC? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.