Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by kauppias
Im not in a hurry as long as the promo posts as well I have no clue what to use them on yet but Im sure something will come up
I sign up for every promo, even if I know we will never make it.... because occasionally someone unknown uses my BE account number and their travel matches a promo.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
I sign up for every promo, even if I know we will never make it.... because occasionally someone unknown uses my BE account number and their travel matches a promo.
Haha. That's cool. I used to get unknown travelers, but that stopped when they changed their site a few years ago. Does it still happen? Or have my beneficiaries found out they were crediting my account?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Haha. That's cool. I used to get unknown travelers, but that stopped when they changed their site a few years ago. Does it still happen? Or have my beneficiaries found out they were crediting my account?
I've had it happen at least once in the past year.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:25 pm

Hi All, I have four tickets booked in business class to Europe this Friday on British Airways. I booked these tickets directly with BA (125 stock) and forgot to include my BE number at the time of booking (my fault, I know). Is there a way I can add the number now, perhaps by calling BA? The T&C say "The company's Business Extra account number must be in the reservation to earn the bonus points. Tickets submitted for retro-credit processing do not qualify for promotional bonus points." I've got 6400 points on the line and would love not to lose the points...

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by crimson12
Hi All, I have four tickets booked in business class to Europe this Friday on British Airways. I booked these tickets directly with BA (125 stock) and forgot to include my BE number at the time of booking (my fault, I know). Is there a way I can add the number now, perhaps by calling BA? The T&C say "The company's Business Extra account number must be in the reservation to earn the bonus points. Tickets submitted for retro-credit processing do not qualify for promotional bonus points." I've got 6400 points on the line and would love not to lose the points...

Thanks in advance!
From the wiki:

How to add your Business extra number to a British Airways reservation:

1) Go to www.britishairways.com
2) Select 'Manage My Booking' tab
3) Follow the instructions to pull up your reservation
4) Select the link towards bottom listed under 'Quick Links' 'Add On Business or Business Extra number'
5) Add your Business Extra number and check the box to give your consent.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:53 am

From the wiki:

How to add your Business extra number to a British Airways reservation:

1) Go to www.britishairways.com
2) Select 'Manage My Booking' tab
3) Follow the instructions to pull up your reservation
4) Select the link towards bottom listed under 'Quick Links' 'Add On Business or Business Extra number'
5) Add your Business Extra number and check the box to give your consent.
Oops - sorry, was reading quickly and didn't see it in the wiki.

But now I have another issue -- I can go into MMB on ba.com, I see the link under quick links, but when I enter my number it says "We do not appear to hold any future bookings for you. To extend your search please enter details below." Any idea what that means? The bottom of that page says "Return to Manage My Booking," and if I click, I am returned to my trip this week. So I'm not sure why it says there are no future bookings?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Originally Posted by Ross0
Does anyone know if there is a cutoff time before a flight which someone can apply a bxp1 certificate? Can one be applied at t-2 after online check in?
I was able to do this last year, about 45 minutes before a flight. As long as you can get a meeting services agent on the phone to process the upgrade and the inventory is available, you should be able to do it. You may have to have the agent re-check you in. In my case I was already past security, so had to do it at the gate.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:50 am

Oops - sorry, was reading quickly and didn't see it in the wiki.

But now I have another issue -- I can go into MMB on ba.com, I see the link under quick links, but when I enter my number it says "We do not appear to hold any future bookings for you. To extend your search please enter details below." Any idea what that means? The bottom of that page says "Return to Manage My Booking," and if I click, I am returned to my trip this week. So I'm not sure why it says there are no future bookings?
Strange -- I did it in an incognito window and it worked. Thanks!

(It says the number was added to "Reservation XXXXXX"; I hope that means I get credit for all 4 people!!)
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Strange -- I did it in an incognito window and it worked. Thanks!

(It says the number was added to "Reservation XXXXXX"; I hope that means I get credit for all 4 people!!)
If all 4 are on the same reservation it should not be a problem! You should also get a confirmation email from BA that changes were made!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:55 am

In cases where a flight has to be retroclaimed do they flights normally get posted with the next months flights or perhaps earlier?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:59 am

If all 4 are on the same reservation it should not be a problem! You should also get a confirmation email from BA that changes were made!
Ugh, I know -- but this is the confirmation email I got:

Summary of changes

CLPUpdateCLPUpdateCLPUpdateCLPUpdate
The changes were requested by passenger [crimson12]
(Previously, when I had changed meals, added passenger info, etc., those changes were all listed in the confirmation email, but this one for some reason isn't.)

Is there someone I can call to confirm perhaps?

And/or, is there a risk to doing it a second time?

I only have 6500 points in my BE account overall so being able to double that in one trip would be pretty nice... I don't want to screw it up!

Thanks again.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:47 am

Ugh, I know -- but this is the confirmation email I got:

(Previously, when I had changed meals, added passenger info, etc., those changes were all listed in the confirmation email, but this one for some reason isn't.)

Is there someone I can call to confirm perhaps?

And/or, is there a risk to doing it a second time?

I only have 6500 points in my BE account overall so being able to double that in one trip would be pretty nice... I don't want to screw it up!

Thanks again.
I got the same email but only one CLPUpdate thing meeting services told me they cannot check your ba reservation to confirm that the number is in there so I suppose only ba can...
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I was rebooked on a new flight due to miss connection, but I was rebooked in A instead of I (original) and I got f/c seat on JFK-LAX.
This is the first time I use BE upgrade cert, and I thought I had to give it to the gate agent, but nobody asked and I still have it.
Does that mean I got lucky not to use the cert or what??? I'm confused...
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:40 pm

I got the same email but only one CLPUpdate thing meeting services told me they cannot check your ba reservation to confirm that the number is in there so I suppose only ba can...
So I called BA and they were able to find the number on the reservation; it did not specify which particular passenger so I think it is on the reservation as a whole. The CSR I spoke with didn't know what "Business Extra" was, but I told him to check the "Tour Code" box or "OSI Field" and then he found it. I found that information at this link; maybe it will be helpful to others: https://www.businessextra.com/ticketing.htm#!agency

Travel Agency Ticketing Instructions
The Business Extra® program allows members to receive credit for tickets purchased through their travel agency provided the Business Extra account number is in the "Tour Code" box or the "OSI Field" of each eligible ticket. American Airlines will track flown revenue automatically through the Business Extra Account Number.

Partner Travel Now Eligible for Business Extra Points!

Effective May 20, 2015 customers can now earn Business Extra points on British Airways and Iberia prime and codeshare flights ticketed by British Airways, Iberia or American Airlines. Tickets must be issued on American Airlines 001, British Airways 125 or Iberia 075 ticket stock in order to earn Business Extra points.

Note 1: On British Airways 125 or Iberia 075 ticket stock, the Business Extra account number should be input in the "OSI Field" of the reservation; formats below.

Note 2: All applicable ticketing rules still apply. Tickets issued on 001 ticket stock must contain at least one American Airlines or American Eagle flight segment.

What Are The Formats To Input The Business Extra Account Number In The "Tour Code" Box?

Here are the formats to input the Business Extra account number in the Tour Code Box. In the examples below, the Business Extra account number is 123456, and there are no spaces in any of these formats.

SABRE: W‡UN*C123456
APOLLO: T:$BITC123456
WORLDSPAN: 5-ITC123456
AMADEUS: FT*C123456
GALILEO: TMU1TC123456
What Are The Formats To Input The Business Extra Account Number In The "OSI Field"?

Here are the formats to input the Business Extra account number in the OSI field. In the examples below, the Business Extra account number is 123456.

Reminder: On British Airways 125 or Iberia 075 ticket stock, the Business Extra account number should be input in the OSI Field of the reservation. This can be done upon initial creation of the record or added to an existing reservation.

SABRE: 3OSI YY C123456 (can also be entered as 4OSI C123456)
APOLLO: Ħ:3OSI YY C123456
WORLDSPAN: 3OSI YY C123456
AMADEUS: OS YY C123456
GALILEO: SI.YY*C123456
Please enter "Business Extra Member" in line one of the PNR phone field. This will ensure proper recognition of the traveler.

Questions?

US/Canada agencies: please call 1-800-457-7072 or send an email to [email protected]

Mexico agencies: please contact your account manager or your local sales [email protected]

UK/Ireland agencies: please call +44 845 001 0039 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. LON, Monday - Friday or send an email to [email protected]
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I was rebooked on a new flight due to miss connection, but I was rebooked in A instead of I (original) and I got f/c seat on JFK-LAX.
This is the first time I use BE upgrade cert, and I thought I had to give it to the gate agent, but nobody asked and I still have it.
Does that mean I got lucky not to use the cert or what??? I'm confused...
Correct. There's nothing stopping you from re-using it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.