Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Originally Posted by frudd38
In my experience I had to get it processed at the check in desk as these don't allow you to check in online. Were you able to check in online? Or did you mean Check in desk agent instead of Gate Agent?
Yeah that was what was weird. It let me do OLCI on my phone and get a boarding pass so I guess the meeting services rep set something up wrong when processing the upgrade.

I chalked it up to bank error in my favor (a common theme of Business Extra) and sure enough was able to re-use the cert for a flight this past week. This time it was the usual "go see a gate agent, give them the cert, get a paper boarding pass" process.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:21 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
When I made my booking using the upgrade certificate in January for travel in October, I was rebooked into C. I'm worried I won't get credit for the flight now. Thoughts?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by uxb
When I made my booking using the upgrade certificate in January for travel in October, I was rebooked into C. I'm worried I won't get credit for the flight now. Thoughts?
From Y to C, you'll get credit. No problems there, they use the underlying fare price.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:45 am
uxb

Originally Posted by hiima
From Y to C, you'll get credit. No problems there, they use the underlying fare price.
I'm just concerned because C is an award fare code.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
I'm just concerned because C is an award fare code.
SWU's rebook into C as well. It's the same thing for a BXP3.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:50 am
uxb

Originally Posted by econometrics
SWU's rebook into C as well. It's the same thing for a BXP3.
Okay. Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA: Former CK (LT PLT), MB: PE (LT Gold)
Earning BE points on an Airpass ticket (not possible?)

Searched but couldn't find a thread on this.

I am certain that I have earned BE points on an Airpass ticket in the past. Just heard back from a BE rep that BE tickets don't accrue on Airpass tickets since it is a negotiated rate. Having earned some in the past, I didn't want to rock the proverbial boat here. Any other BE earners on here that also use Airpass?

Thanks ...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:11 am

The August activity posted to the BE account and no bonus points for the recent TATL promotion. Hopefully next month.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Plat
August posted, and only one coach class trip was there, with two business class trips missing.... I am concerned not getting the bonus points if the trips were not posted in the first place.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 5:45 pm

The bonus for TATL promotion posted to the BE account with a date of 09/19/16. There is no detail for the points that posted and there is some missing points I will have to call about.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
The bonus for TATL promotion posted to the BE account with a date of 09/19/16. There is no detail for the points that posted and there is some missing points I will have to call about.
Same here....2 of my business flights posted for 1600 points. I'm missing 2 coach flights (both were SWU'ed into C). I'll have to retro claim those.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:17 pm

i'm owed 3200 and nothing has posted. Original flights never posted so BE had to manually post after I submitted a request. I have a hunch I'll never see these points. Ridiculous
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat
I tried searching this in the thread and nada.

Business Extra still recognizes Bolivia as South America zone 2 when it has been changed to zone 1 for aadvantage awards. I know they are 2 different systems, but what are your thoughts on this? Do you think this inconsistency will remain/is on purpose? Are there any other examples? thank you
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by shihyin
August posted, and only one coach class trip was there, with two business class trips missing.... I am concerned not getting the bonus points if the trips were not posted in the first place.
Logged in my account as it seems everyone's TATL promotion is posted. What's funny is that I receive one 1600 where the points from the original flight is missing. Here it is what it comes down to:

July business class: flight point missing; promotion posted
July business class: flight point missing; promotion missing (this is the same trip but 2nd ppl)
August economy class: flight point posted; promotion missing

All trips were purchased from BA that I manually added the BE into the reservation online prior to the trip.

Last edited by shihyin; Sep 20, 2016 at 4:24 am
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by shihyin
Logged in my account as it seems everyone's TATL promotion is posted. What's funny is that I receive one 1600 where the points from the original flight is missing. Here it is what it comes down to:

July business class: flight point missing; promotion posted
July business class: flight point missing; promotion missing (this is the same trip but 2nd ppl)
August economy class: flight point posted; promotion missing

All trips were purchased from BA that I manually added the BE into the reservation online prior to the trip.
Our promotional points posted today as 2x 600 points.

However we had three economy flights and 2 business/first class tickets to ahould have been credited 2x 1600 and 3x 400 points total of 4400points so We are missing 3200points from the bonus?

The missing promo points are both ba flights in J/F that had the be number in the booking prior to the flight but yet had tp be retro claimed 👎👎

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.