Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
On a side note: I just redeemed my BXP1 cert for my trip home. I'm guessing that those of you who still have your certs after using them tried to give it to the GATE agent and not the TICKETING agent. You might want to consider giving it to the appropriate AA employee next time.
I think this process has changed. I used to have to give these to the GATE agent just as I boarded the flight. That was when they cleared at booking, or before I got to the airport.

But the past few times I have used the BXP3, I have had to show it at check-in. ^
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by uxb
On a side note: I just redeemed my BXP1 cert for my trip home. I'm guessing that those of you who still have your certs after using them tried to give it to the GATE agent and not the TICKETING agent. You might want to consider giving it to the appropriate AA employee next time.
We two used BXP1 and our seats were upgraded several months ago.
Last week we were able to mobile check in and get a mobile boarding pass.
We didn't give/show it to anybody. We were not called at the gate before boarding, either.
Now we still have two BXP1 certs unused, I guess.
This is the second time for us AA didn't take/ask our certificate when we checked it
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:56 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
We two used BXP1 and our seats were upgraded several months ago.
Last week we were able to mobile check in and get a mobile boarding pass.
We didn't give/show it to anybody. We were not called at the gate before boarding, either.
Now we still have two BXP1 certs unused, I guess.
This is the second time for us AA didn't take/ask our certificate when we checked it
It's because you have to go to the ticketing agent at check-in. The gate agent no longer handles these certificates. You could try to roll the dice and re-use them, but I wouldn't. You might be asked to produce them at a later time, so perhaps you shouldn't file them in the circular bin.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by uxb
...perhaps you shouldn't file them in the circular bin.
"File them in the circular bin." Haha, I like that.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Fast response to point request

Is this new? On Oct 3 (9:40 AM EDT, I submitted a request for credit for a BA round trip to Larnaca. Today (6:03 AM), I received an email indicating my points have been credited. Not only that, unlike in the past, the BE site shows the flight information and fare info. In the past, I only saw points with no idea which missing ticket was being credited. The other odd thing. I bought the ticket on Travelocity because it was lower than the AA or BA sites. The fare shown on BusinessExtraa is $1608.48. The fare paid to Travelocity was $1,597.66, which includes all of the govt fees, which should not get points. Is this a BA thing? The ticket has a BA number. I am guessing the price difference may be due to currency rate changes, or is it something else. However, I suspect the value would be lower if fees were deducted.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Value of Certificates

HI!
Today, I booked our first BE award ticket since we were shifted from BA's On Business plan last fall. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that a single award covers a roundtrip ticket! I've searched on the webpages and couldn't find that info anywhere. The balance of our account just became twice as valuable to us.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
In the past couple of days they seem to have posted all my outstanding flights - balance went up about 3,000!
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
THEY stated they had issues with ba flights crediting YET they wont credit the tatl summer promo points! 👎

We just had our JULY ba flight post today!!!!

Not a happy camper!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I had BA J flights (4 pax RT) in July that didn't post automatically. After a successful flight credit request, I requested the transatlantic bonus. They have now posted 800 points. I'm not sure how they came up with that figure. I specifically asked for the 7,200 points I qualified for. I suppose I'll need to follow up, but has anyone else had similar experience?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by dukerau
I had BA J flights (4 pax RT) in July that didn't post automatically. After a successful flight credit request, I requested the transatlantic bonus. They have now posted 800 points. I'm not sure how they came up with that figure. I specifically asked for the 7,200 points I qualified for. I suppose I'll need to follow up, but has anyone else had similar experience?
I had a missing 3200 points from ba J tickets as well! After 7 emails they posted 600points??? So I will call during the week... what a mess
Old Oct 16, 2016, 12:35 pm

Same here. They finally posted 800 points, but I'm owed 3,200.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat, AA EXP, SPG platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
BX1B certificate redemption problems....

Originally Posted by billgrates3
As I understand it, BX1Bs come out of same U or Z inventory as regular biz class or first plan aahead awards.

here's what the BE webpage says for this award:
BX1B PlanAAhead® Award - Continental U.S., Canada and Mexico (Business / First 2 class cabin flights)
Award Code:

BX1B
Point Value:

Description

Continental U.S. (including Alaska), Canada and Mexico
Terms and Conditions

PlanAAhead Award Travel within and between the Continental U.S. (including Alaska*), Canada and Mexico in First Class/Business Class**

*American Airlines service to Alaska is seasonal.
**Valid for First Class on flights with two-cabin service and for Business Class on flights with three-cabin service.
Valid to/from Mexico or Canada for Business Class.

PlanAAhead Awards are valid for one-way or round-trip travel, are subject to special limitations on seat availability and may be subject to travel embargo dates.

Once redeemed via BusinessExtra.com, a confirmation email with the Electronic Authorization Number is sent to the Travel Manager. The Electronic Authorization includes the Award Code along with an eight character alpha-numeric code. (IE. BX1A/0A1B2C3D) This number should be provided to American Airlines Reservations when you are ready to ticket your award reservation.

To make reservations for award travel: Calling from within United States or Canada, please contact American Airlines Meeting Services at 1-800-433-1790, 7 days a week, from 6:00AM to 12:00midnight, CT. If calling from outside the U.S. or Canada, please contact your local American Airlines Reservations Office.

All travel awards must be ticketed 5 days after the reservation is made or 14 days prior to departure whichever date comes first. If the reservation is made less than 14 days prior to departure, the reservation can be held for 48 hours for ticketing. All ticketing must be done through AA reservations prior to arrival at the airport. Airport agents are unable to issue tickets against Business Extra awards.

Award ticket must be issued by midnight one year from the original award redemption date. Tickets issued against Business Extra flight awards are then valid for one year from the ticket issue date.

Award tickets are non-transferable and a non-refundable change fee will apply to reservation changes after the ticket is issued.

All taxes and fees, assessed at the time of ticketing are the responsibility of the passenger. Award cannot be used in conjunction with any corporate program, promotion, coupon, discount, or special offer of American. Void where prohibited by law.

Award travel valid ONLY on American Airlines, American Eagle®, US Airways and US Airways Express℠ flights.

Award is not redeemable for cash and is void if sold for cash or other consideration.

A ticket issued against this award is nontransferable. Open tickets may not be issued.

Awards are valid only for tickets issued on American Airlines ticket stock. Award is not applicable to the purchase of a Miscellaneous Charge Order (MCO) or Prepaid Ticket (PTA).

Award has no value except when redeemed in accordance with these terms and conditions.

Travel is valid as specified above to American Airlines, American Eagle, US Airways and US Airways Express destinations served both at the time of award redemption and ticket usage.

Rules as written herein cannot be changed by any statement or representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of American Airlines or issuing organization.
"
Hi...
Has anyone had recent experiences redeeming BX1B (Plan AAhead First Class US/Canada/Mexico) certificates? The only example I can find dates back to 2014.

I used 3200 ExtrAA points back in 2015 for a BX1B certificate, and have been trying to find availability over the past year between either the Bay Area or Denver to/from South Florida. I've called the desk in January 2016, April 2016, and October 2016, each time asking them to look out 11 months for ANY availability--but came up empty. I was told at one point that had I used fewer (2000) points for a BX1A (economy) certificate, there were some early morning or late night possibilities with 2-3 connections, but zilch with BX1B.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or possible successes using BX1B? Are there really ZERO seats allocated by AA for an entire year on dozens of routes to/from FL? My BX1B certificate is nearing its 12-month expiration, and there has not been a way to use it to redeem for its stated use of a 2-cabin FC flight for the past year. Is it possible to convert to another award (e.g. 10 Admirals Club passes) or is the certificate literally useless?

Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Michael899
Hi...
Has anyone had recent experiences redeeming BX1B (Plan AAhead First Class US/Canada/Mexico) certificates? The only example I can find dates back to 2014.

I used 3200 ExtrAA points back in 2015 for a BX1B certificate, and have been trying to find availability over the past year between either the Bay Area or Denver to/from South Florida. I've called the desk in January 2016, April 2016, and October 2016, each time asking them to look out 11 months for ANY availability--but came up empty. I was told at one point that had I used fewer (2000) points for a BX1A (economy) certificate, there were some early morning or late night possibilities with 2-3 connections, but zilch with BX1B.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or possible successes using BX1B? Are there really ZERO seats allocated by AA for an entire year on dozens of routes to/from FL? My BX1B certificate is nearing its 12-month expiration, and there has not been a way to use it to redeem for its stated use of a 2-cabin FC flight for the past year. Is it possible to convert to another award (e.g. 10 Admirals Club passes) or is the certificate literally useless?

Thanks.
I always assumed that you could use this certificate if there's MileSAAver availability. I can see on aa.com right now that one can book a First class return flight DEN-MIA on Nov 1 - Nov 11 for 50k AA miles. Isn't it enough to use BX1B?

I've never used BX1B but I intend to get one before the end of the year when some of my points are expiring.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat, AA EXP, SPG platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by grrizzli
I always assumed that you could use this certificate if there's MileSAAver availability. I can see on aa.com right now that one can book a First class return flight DEN-MIA on Nov 1 - Nov 11 for 50k AA miles. Isn't it enough to use BX1B?

I've never used BX1B but I intend to get one before the end of the year when some of my points are expiring.
That was my understanding too--but according to the reservation agents, that hasn't been the case "for years." BX1B is now a subset of MileSAAver, and as of tonight, not one flight available through end of Sept 2017.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Michael899
That was my understanding too--but according to the reservation agents, that hasn't been the case "for years." BX1B is now a subset of MileSAAver, and as of tonight, not one flight available through end of Sept 2017.
When I spoke with Meeting Services a couple of weeks ago about a different matter, I asked how to find availability for BX1Bs. The agent said to just put the Saver award on hold and they could change it to BX1B. I haven't had a chance to try it, but it's worth a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.