Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by zarzuela
All Saver awards on the GDL-DFW are gone post 13 April
Traditionally it's been very easy to find availability on this route.
Same with NAS-MIA.... *sigh*
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:47 pm

As I have posted elsewhere on FT I just booked 2 JFK-TXL-FCO returning LIN-DUS-JFK on AB using Aadvantage points 200,000 total for 2 people. Both TATL segments are J. Wife and I are traveling in Oct 2015. Booked awards as I saw availability but return was just booked 2 days ago.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Robl
As I have posted elsewhere on FT I just booked 2 JFK-TXL-FCO returning LIN-DUS-JFK on AB using Aadvantage points 200,000 total for 2 people. Both TATL segments are J. Wife and I are traveling in Oct 2015. Booked awards as I saw availability but return was just booked 2 days ago.
If I'm not mistaken, I think this glitch is only in regard to AA metal flights.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
I'm looking for Biz awards DTW-LIM via either DFW or MIA for ANY two week period in August or Sept and there is not a single sAAver seat in Coach or Business after April 14th. There are coach sAAvers prior to April 14th but not a single business sAAver from tomorrow through 330 days out. Clearly the April 14th date means something.

Pretty sad. I prefer LAN anyways and they have loads of coach seats, but also not a single Biz seat from either JFK, MIA or LAX. I'm having a hard time imagining that Lima is such a premium route....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
If I'm not mistaken, I think this glitch is only in regard to AA metal flights.
This is correct. AA metal only.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
I am seeing as of today AA mile savers from CCS to MIA and MIA-CCS further out till March.

Very few spread out in the whole calendar year (2015), but available from December up to March as the furthest point.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
A theory

I think the timing could be because AA wants there to be availability for upgrades for the US elites who receive SWUs in March or so when the programs combine. Imagine the outcry from them if availability for the year has been taken by the AA EXPs.
If I'm correct then availability should open after the programs combine.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I tend to think that we overestimate elite numbers because the population of FT is so elite-heavy. But two airlines top elites are still not a great proportion of the flying public, plus they'll figure they have quite a few more flights on which to accommodate their elite pool, so I doubt they're really thinking of us. I'm leaning toward an unplanned side effect of schedule loads.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So no changes over Saturday night schedule change sweep.

Makes me think more that this is deliberate rather than a glitch.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Gold
Thumbs down AA miles have been devalued big time

Originally Posted by rankourabu

Agree. This change in int'l saaver availability no more than a few months out changes my whole vacation planning strategies. No more vacations planned 11 months in advance if I want to use AA miles for airline seats. It will be very difficult to put in for time off at work for last minute travel. No more cruises booked in advance to get the best prices if needing an award ticket to match up with the cruise. This is going to really suck!!!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by susiesan
Agree. This change in int'l saaver availability no more than a few months out changes my whole vacation planning strategies. No more vacations planned 11 months in advance if I want to use AA miles for airline seats. It will be very difficult to put in for time off at work for last minute travel. No more cruises booked in advance to get the best prices if needing an award ticket to match up with the cruise. This is going to really suck!!!
Agreed. It's time to call this what it is - a stealth devaluation. AA is now only releasing sAAver award inventory ~5-6 months out, and the availability is significantly more limited than it was pre-11/22. I'm surprised the bloggers haven't picked up on this and shouted about it.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:06 am
Suspended

In terms of revenue management repopulating milesaaver award inventory-- Saturday night is not a relevant "cross over"-- would have to wait till Monday/Tuesday to draw any conclusions about their actions going forward.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mmgm
I think the timing could be because AA wants there to be availability for upgrades for the US elites who receive SWUs in March or so when the programs combine. Imagine the outcry from them if availability for the year has been taken by the AA EXPs.
If I'm correct then availability should open after the programs combine.
It's a nice theory, but I really really doubt AA would do this. It's more likely that they just don't want any availability to be there ahead of time.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
In terms of revenue management repopulating milesaaver award inventory-- Saturday night is not a relevant "cross over"-- would have to wait till Monday/Tuesday to draw any conclusions about their actions going forward.
All the inventory is claimed to have disappeared with the Saturday changes last week, no?. I hope you are right, and by Tuesday, it will be "fixed" if indeed a glitch.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:13 am
Suspended

All the inventory is claimed to have disappeared with the Saturday changes last week, no?. I hope you are right, and by Tuesday, it will be "fixed" if indeed a glitch.
Definitely not saying when/if it will be fully/partially fixed, rather, that yes, the big schedule load occur on weekends but this weekend's was minor, and, you still need RM to work on the flights after. In the past, the gap between large schedule loads (like last week) pretty reliably led to rampant award seat availability in the days following, then it was fixed by RM-- but not before many award seats that were accidentally available were snapped up.

So, Saturday night/Sunday is meaningless in terms of getting this resolved. That said, this whole weekend isn't of much significance as it didn't have large schedule load.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.