Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:05 pm

Definitely not completely restored yet.

e.g. JFK - LHR and other European routes post April '15
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:14 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
I've been checking LAX-LHR. It's a route that I have to fly, often on short notice, so I kind of keep up on what's out there. What I'm seeing now is pretty much what the "normal" situation has been for quite a few months (which has improved over the no inventory of the last few days) -- Y Savers for direct flights are available on AA metal; there are no F or J Savers for direct flights on AA or BA metal, but there are many F and J Savers with connections through SFO, DEN, JFK, AUS, PHL, etc. -- all the overseas routes being on BA metal. I'm hoping AA will make available some direct Saver inventory during the year for J/F, but I'm not optimistic.

I suspect that the lack of J/F inventory out of LAX is because it's the 77W (which I've paid up for, and I expect others have as well). I'm curious if anyone has been able to get F or J Savers on other 77W routes?

Last edited by BLG; Nov 26, 2014 at 7:51 pm
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by BLG
I've been checking LAX-LHR. It's a route that I have to fly, often on short notice, so I kind of keep up on what's out there. What I'm seeing now is pretty much what the "normal" situation has been for quite a few months (which has improved over the no inventory of the last few days) -- Y Savers for direct flights are available on AA metal; there are no F or J Savers for direct flights on AA or BA metal, but there are many F and J Savers with connections through SFO, DEN, JFK, AUS, PHL, etc. -- all the overseas routes being on BA metal. I'm hoping AA will make available some direct Saver inventory during the year for J/F, but I'm not optimistic.

I suspect that the lack of J/F inventory out of LAX is because it's the 77W (which I've paid up for, and I expect others have as well). I'm curious if anyone has been able to get F or J Savers on other 77W routes?
Are you seeing this past April 15, 2015? That seems to be the cutoff for availability on the routes I've been checking.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:01 pm
BLG

Originally Posted by onfo
Are you seeing this past April 15, 2015? That seems to be the cutoff for availability on the routes I've been checking.
Yes, I'm seeing pretty much the same things through the 11 months. In doing a little more looking I actually spotted one direct J Saver on the return and one direct F return.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by BLG
Yes, I'm seeing pretty much the same things through the 11 months. In doing a little more looking I actually spotted one direct J Saver on the return and one direct F return.
To be clear, which dates are you seeing the U and Z availability on the direct AA metal?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
No, but the opposite has happened quite a bit in the past where lots of availability comes online after a schedule change. I'm guessing this might be an attempt to keep that from happening in the future - and in the process, they may not have it quite right yet.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
That's my guess as well.
Hoping that isn't the case, as I've been waiting for the refurbished widebodies to be loaded in the schedule on a few routes with the hope that some additional space opens up in the process.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
With BA J fares from LAX to LHR under $1600 at one point (if you had the BA credit card I think, and were AARP member or some crazy combo like that), it cheeses me to know that the airline I've been flying for years will only offer me 100k miles plus $1260 in cash.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by tys90
David Koenig (AP airline reporter) has said this on twitter:

Not sure if he's a user here or what his reputation is but I'd like to at least trust him somewhat on that statement.
It's now Thursday (happy thanksgiving) and unfortunately availability for sAAver awards is nowhere near what it was a week ago. This has been a horrible stealth devaluation of the AAdvantage program.

I've been looking at NYC to LIM, and there is nothing past mid-April where there was previously a significant amount of availability.

Last edited by onfo; Nov 27, 2014 at 7:48 am Reason: Included route
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:21 am
BLG

Originally Posted by vrbaba
To be clear, which dates are you seeing the U and Z availability on the direct AA metal?
Sorry if my post was unclear. I did not see any U or Z availability on AA metal. The direct Saver flights I was referring to were on BA metal (and there were only a couple), and I don't recollect the dates. I saw absolutely no U or Z availability on AA metal for LAX-LHR (in either direction).

I'd like to repeat a question I've asked before: Has anyone seen or gotten any J/F Savers on any 77W flights anywhere? I'm wondering if AA is simply not coughing up any, which would explain the lack of any inventory for LAX-LHR.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by onfo
This has been a horrible stealth devaluation of the AAdvantage program.
This looks much more like a technical glitch than a devaluation. If the sky were truly falling, wouldn't US have matched AA's lack of award inventory? No? @:-)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BLG
I'd like to repeat a question I've asked before: Has anyone seen or gotten any J/F Savers on any 77W flights anywhere? I'm wondering if AA is simply not coughing up any, which would explain the lack of any inventory for LAX-LHR.
Yes. Have just booked LHR-DFW in U on the 77W for next March
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by BLG
I've been checking LAX-LHR...
It's exactly as you described. I've been trying to book this flight also
and finally a few weekends ago I was lucky to grab F on 77W when they
added one more flight to the Spring schedule. But honestly it was open
for 2 hours (!), they "fixed the glitch" right away
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Been watching LAX-LHR for U & Z as well. I can't even get a non-stop in F on BA except for one week in July that doesn't work for me.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:25 am
BLG

Originally Posted by britenbsas
Yes. Have just booked LHR-DFW in U on the 77W for next March
Thanks very much for this information! It could be quite helpful.

I just searched the month of March for LAX-LHR Savers and there were none originating out of LAX with the DFW connection, but when I searched DFW-LHR as a stand-alone flight I did find a Saver on the 77W flight. It seems like the search engine manages to miss that connection but shows lots of others. I also saw the LHR-DFW flight available as a Saver on the 77W. This opens up all kinds of new possibilities for trip planning

Last edited by BLG; Nov 27, 2014 at 10:31 am
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:45 am
BLG

Originally Posted by 869
Been watching LAX-LHR for U & Z as well. I can't even get a non-stop in F on BA except for one week in July that doesn't work for me.
FWIW I also check BA inventory on the BA site regularly since I'm also sitting on 250K Avios. They almost never have any LAX-LHR direct flights in any fare class. Been that way for a while. For years, when CW was far and away the best J flight on this route, I used to routinely buy BA Premium Economy and upgrade them with BA miles (now Avios). Gosh, if I hadn't booked all those flights on my BA Exec number (which made sense back then) I'd be much closer to LT Plat now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.