Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by upinsmoke
MilesAAver in Y to EZE are available again throughout next year. These were all gone for the past 9 days. No J or F milesAAvers available (yet, hopefully?)
Can you comment on if you saw any J or F milesAAvers to EZE in the period your talking about -before- the glitch?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Can you comment on if you saw any J or F milesAAvers to EZE in the period your talking about -before- the glitch?
Yes, before the glitch there were a few J MilesAAver, and more F MilesAAver availability.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Yes, before the glitch there were a few J MilesAAver, and more F MilesAAver availability.
Very good to know-- thanks! I'm interfacing in real time with a super-helpful person at AA and trying to give them the most accurate portrait possible, please let us know as/if/when you see a change worth reporting,
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold
MilesAAver in Y to EZE are available again throughout next year. These were all gone for the past 9 days. No J or F milesAAvers available (yet, hopefully?)
Saaver seats on DFW EZE have very limited availabilty. During the summer season, Jan to March, there are almost none. An don't one single J seat on this route for the whole year.

Also checked DFW HKG. Decent availability in econ, absolutely nothing in J for the whole year. And DFW NRT is the same as Hong Kong; no J seats at all.

Has anyone else looked for J seats on other popular routes? Is the new normal now no J or F international awards on AA metal? Will we have to fly on partners if we have the miles to fly a premium cabin?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Excellent!

Ditto

Sounds positive.

That also sounds very positive.

I'd also agree that BA or other partner availability or non-avalablilty have nothing whatsoever to do with this, -specific- outage/glitch.

Yes, the system now absolutely will not allow non-present SWUs to be applied. It's -supposed- to not allow expiring SWUs to be applied as well, but a different part of the system seems to be overriding that for many/some.

Some info on the new system that checks in real time if SWUs are present/valid:
http://www.travelingbetter.com/showthread.php?t=5792

Leaning towards calling this "fixed" pending a few more reports.

WITH THE IMPORTANT CAVEAT: "Fixed" does NOT = great milesAAver availability. "

"Fixed" in this context means a return to the same dismal/limited/[whatever one's individual option of it is/was] milesAAver availability that existed-- generally speaking, give or take, rough approximation-- BEFORE LAST WEEKEND'S MAJOR SCHEDULE CHANGE.

That said I feel 100% confident that some members will either misunderstand that or intentionally misunderstand that.
Now seeing what I would call "normal" availability of Business Saver awards and SWUs for MIA-SCL
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Now seeing what I would call "normal" availability of Business Saver awards and SWUs for MIA-SCL
Thanks for the valuable report.

Let's face it-- it's a little difficult to get people to report "yes, back to normal" because there's a very, very, very natural inclination to see the "restored availability" and say "THAT SUCKS!" due to AAdv's extremely limited award availability in recent months/years. Very understandable to UNintentionally conflate the 2 issues, since, at our core, what we really want to yell is "give us back our milesaaver availability!" (to pre-summer 2012 levels.)

But, we gotta deal with this crisis separate from that one, just to keep sane!

SO, thanks for the unbiased reports on this!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:46 am

Seems back to Normal for US-LHR routes post April as of last night.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days

"Fixed" in this context means a return to the same dismal/limited/[whatever one's individual option of it is/was] milesAAver availability that existed-- generally speaking, give or take, rough approximation-- BEFORE LAST WEEKEND'S MAJOR SCHEDULE CHANGE.

That said I feel 100% confident that some members will either misunderstand that or intentionally misunderstand that.
I understood it completely....
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Seems back to Normal for US-LHR routes post April as of last night.
Excellent, thanks for the report.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: IHG Plat
seeing a lot of availability for FCO-LAX on AB or HG in October, but every flight (U and T fares) I pick says "The flight you selected is no longer available. Please modify your request."

edit: Even the 1 BA flight in T gives the same error.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by susiesan

Has anyone else looked for J seats on other popular routes? Is the new normal now no J or F international awards on AA metal? Will we have to fly on partners if we have the miles to fly a premium cabin?
Been looking for 2 in J SCL-USA in January for months, as of this morning still nothing. But this morning I did get J on LAN to MIA...now all I need to do is ditch the ongoing connection through PIT to STL!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
All First & Business awards are still missing for DFW-PVG
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by StevenH123
All First & Business awards are still missing for DFW-PVG
And this is for awards that you -did- see available before?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
And this is for awards that you -did- see available before?
For DFW-PVG it was:

1/20 z1
1/21 z2
1/27 z2u2
1/28 z2
2/2 u5
2/3 z2u4
2/9 z2
2/10 z2u2
2/23 z2u5
2/24 u1
2/25 z2u3

now all z0u0

Similar data for the return PVG-DFW
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by StevenH123
For DFW-PVG it was:

1/20 z1
1/21 z2
1/27 z2u2
1/28 z2
2/2 u5
2/3 z2u4
2/9 z2
2/10 z2u2
2/23 z2u5
2/24 u1
2/25 z2u3

now all z0u0

Similar data for the return PVG-DFW
Interesting, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.