Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by sporadic
I realised one thing while searching for award seats - for example, if I check Sept 12 for CDG-JFK on AA45, the booking system will tell me that there is no J award space. However, if I search for CDG-YYZ or CDG-SJU (via JFK), system will show that there is J award space on AA45. Perhaps if one starts a booking ex-Mexico, Canada or the Caribbean to Europe or vice-versa, those seats will appear.
Excellent. So now we will see positioning flights needed to use awards.

AA- stop hating your customers.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Advanatge
For those saying many of us were just speculating and to give the company the benefit of the doubt, it's a month, and things get worse and worse. Either they are complete morons who have no ability to operate Their own IT systems or Parker and company flat out lied to everyone as they always have hoping that over time we will forget.

Our CFO just closed out our Citi Executive cards as three separate trips for those traveling much less than me could not book award tix to Asia for trips in the spring----we have not been able to use miles since this past summer. There were three of us with them, representing VERY HIGH monthly spending on account for varying vendors, expenses, etc. I was told I was moving to AMEX, was told by others with the card that their lounges where available or as good if not better. I don't care either way, but just one example of a company / customer that didn't just complain but put its money where it's mouth was. AA miles are worthless now.....

Cheers,
AA777
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AA777
For those saying many of us were just speculating and to give the company the benefit of the doubt, it's a month, and things get worse and worse. Either they are complete morons who have no ability to operate Their own IT systems or Parker and company flat out lied to everyone as they always have hoping that over time we will forget.

Our CFO just closed out our Citi Executive cards as three separate trips for those traveling much less than me could not book award tix to Asia for trips in the spring----we have not been able to use miles since this past summer. There were three of us with them, representing VERY HIGH monthly spending on account for varying vendors, expenses, etc. I was told I was moving to AMEX, was told by others with the card that their lounges where available or as good if not better. I don't care either way, but just one example of a company / customer that didn't just complain but put its money where it's mouth was. AA miles are worthless now.....

Cheers,
AA777
Why would you spend 50K/55K for an AA transpac one way award ticket in J when you can get a CX or JL J award with the same number of miles and a LOT less "searching" hassles
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Advanatge
Originally Posted by Hollinger Clarke
Why would you spend 50K/55K for an AA transpac one way award ticket in J when you can get a CX or JL J award with the same number of miles and a LOT less "searching" hassles
Because their availability is no better and I don't feel like stoping in three cities and extend travel time.

Cheers,
AA777
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Gold
I also just closed out my Citi AA credit card. I was also a very high spender, using this card for all my company's expenses on that I could to the tune of over $25K a month.

I have shifted all of this spending over to Chase Ink cards with UR points. Those transfer into UA where it is far easier to redeem. Now that UA and CO are fully merged, I have many more options of nonstop UA flights to their gateway cities for int'l awards. Once I get to Houston there are loads of places overseas that UA flies to.

As soon as I use up my AA points for one last F trip on CX, it is sayonara AA.
You've lost a 30 year customer for good.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:13 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
With the recent negative changes to availability on AA, I am now seeing upgrade availability from Business to First on AA's Asia flights to ICN going to zero on many days of the week (some days show 1 or 2 on EF). This is a fairly recent change as these flights have typically been 7 available on EF on almost every flight every date. Paid loads in premium cabins on the ICN flights have typically been very low with very good availability for upgrade space. This is a senseless devaluation as I typically could use an SWU to upgrade from J to F at the time of purchase on almost any flight to/from ICN. It doesn't appear the cabin loads have changed at all.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Gold
AA Awards still not available

From April through the rest of 2015, no Business or First Saaver awards either from LAX or JFK to LHR. Tried using AA's Award Map and only found two different days in March each with one award (regardless of class) from LAX to one city in Europe (one was Madrid, the other London). Other than those two award tickets, I did not find any awards available in any class from LAX to any city in Europe using the Award Map. Note:The Award Map only searches one day at a time, so I tried a random selection of days with at least one day from each week in 2015. I also tried ORD, with no success.

This hardly appears to be a glitch. It appears that AA has, for the moment, has, for the most part, stopped issuing business and first class Saaver award tickets from the US to Europe (except for a few business class award tickets that I found in March from JFK to LHR) and is only sporadically issuing economy Saaver award tickets throughout the year. (I didn't try the reverse direction.)
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SCL-MIA in November- totally empty biz and first flight with no SWU, Biz Saaver or First Saaver available. Looking the day they were loaded. Frustrating and not typical, I book our Thanksgiving travel as soon as possible every year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.