Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by onfo
Either you're (a) much better at finding sAAver awards than me or (b) wrong. Please try and find a sAAver fare from NYC-LIM any day past April 14, 2015. I'm not seeing anything - long connection or not, and pre-11/22, the schedule had something nearly every day for 2 people via both MIA and DFW.
Ditto for anywhere in Europe, even in coach.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Some of the short Caribbean routes I've been watching are finally back today...

TATL remains zeroed out
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Thumbs down the new normal - horrible

Originally Posted by JoJo12
Ditto for anywhere in Europe, even in coach.
And ditto for Asian destinations.

So this is the new normal for using aadvantage miles, only book 1-3 months in advance. This is just an awful change.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:12 pm

Finally some of the European flights I've been watching/stalking for next April and May are coming back too.

Last edited by Laura782; Dec 1, 2014 at 3:16 pm Reason: clarity
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
The other neat little thing is the EXP desk couldn't wait list me for SWU for JFK-GRU later this month - waiting to requalify for EXP next week and without the SWUs, won't put me on the waiting list. Was told by the EXP Agent that the "system was getting smarter".
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Laura782
Finally some of the European flights I've been watching/stalking for next April and May are coming back too.
Indeed, just checked ORD-DUS on a whim and it appears to be loaded through the end of May now.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:04 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
I'm now seeing direct LAX-LHR F Savers on BA metal out to August. Flying F on BA for $1,266 + miles makes me happy

Yes, I'd prefer it was AA metal to save on the fees, but this is the first I've seen F Savers for direct flights in some time, so this is progress.

My personal hunch is that we are likely not in some kind of terrible new normal; more likely we're in a transition period -- probably having to do with the US integration -- and things are probably going to return to something that most of us will be at least moderately happy with. If I'm wrong, then I'll end up unhappy too, but I'm willing to give AA a bit of time before declaring that the world as we know it has ended.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by BLG
I'm now seeing direct LAX-LHR F Savers on BA metal out to August. Flying F on BA for $1,266 + miles makes me happy

Yes, I'd prefer it was AA metal to save on the fees, but this is the first I've seen F Savers for direct flights in some time, so this is progress.

My personal hunch is that we are likely not in some kind of terrible new normal; more likely we're in a transition period -- probably having to do with the US integration -- and things are probably going to return to something that most of us will be at least moderately happy with. If I'm wrong, then I'll end up unhappy too, but I'm willing to give AA a bit of time before declaring that the world as we know it has ended.
As noted above, the glitch had nothing to do with non-AA metal...
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:19 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
As noted above, the glitch had nothing to do with non-AA metal...
That's true, but partner availability is also part of the overall picture and what I'm seeing is a marked improvement.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by george 3
The other neat little thing is the EXP desk couldn't wait list me for SWU for JFK-GRU later this month - waiting to requalify for EXP next week and without the SWUs, won't put me on the waiting list. Was told by the EXP Agent that the "system was getting smarter".
This seems to be the trend lately. Take away any decision-making scenarios from frontline employees and instead let the system say, "it can't be done."

Originally Posted by BLG

BA F is IMO more enjoyable than AA F anyway. It's unfortunate that they have such obscene fees on award tickets, but at least you're getting a better product out of it.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:44 pm

FYI, NYC-LIM seems to have come back. Sounds like Europe, too, based on above posts. Issue resolved?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
I've been looking for nyc-lim as well and there had been no saaver space in business or economy past April. Now, there is saaver economy seemingly through eos.

I'm not interested in economy, but at least it's a step in the right direction!!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BLG

I saw LAX-LHR nonstops in BA F available in both July and August before the issue and ongoing during the issue. Nothing to see here.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Leaning towards calling this "fixed"

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Indeed, just checked ORD-DUS on a whim and it appears to be loaded through the end of May now.
Excellent!

Originally Posted by Laura782
Ditto

FYI, NYC-LIM seems to have come back. Sounds like Europe, too, based on above posts. Issue resolved?
Sounds positive.

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I've been looking for nyc-lim as well and there had been no saaver space in business or economy past April. Now, there is saaver economy seemingly through eos.

I'm not interested in economy, but at least it's a step in the right direction!!
That also sounds very positive.

Originally Posted by BLG
That's true, but partner availability is also part of the overall picture and what I'm seeing is a marked improvement.
I'd also agree that BA or other partner availability or non-avalablilty have nothing whatsoever to do with this, -specific- outage/glitch.

Originally Posted by george 3
Yes, the system now absolutely will not allow non-present SWUs to be applied. It's -supposed- to not allow expiring SWUs to be applied as well, but a different part of the system seems to be overriding that for many/some.

Some info on the new system that checks in real time if SWUs are present/valid:
http://www.travelingbetter.com/showthread.php?t=5792

Leaning towards calling this "fixed" pending a few more reports.

WITH THE IMPORTANT CAVEAT: "Fixed" does NOT = great milesAAver availability. "

"Fixed" in this context means a return to the same dismal/limited/[whatever one's individual option of it is/was] milesAAver availability that existed-- generally speaking, give or take, rough approximation-- BEFORE LAST WEEKEND'S MAJOR SCHEDULE CHANGE.

That said I feel 100% confident that some members will either misunderstand that or intentionally misunderstand that.

Last edited by JonNYC; Dec 1, 2014 at 6:34 pm
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
MilesAAver in Y to EZE are available again throughout next year. These were all gone for the past 9 days. No J or F milesAAvers available (yet, hopefully?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.