Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Laura782
Can you give a specific example? I'm looking but still not seeing anything on AA. There continue to be a few random direct flights on AB, and several on US, but nothing on AA like I saw last week.

NYC -> MIL I've been watching it on AA metal. It existed last week, was gone all weekend, now back albeit at lower levels (a couple days in April) than before and not for dates that work for me as I'm limited to school April break
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Laura782
Can you give a specific example? I'm looking but still not seeing anything on AA. There continue to be a few random direct flights on AB, and several on US, but nothing on AA like I saw last week.
The entire month of February is wide open on DFW-LHR in Y.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:23 pm

Maybe its coming back by slowly by time...

US - Europe (loosely speaking) "seems" to be available until around mid-April. None after. Yes, there was availability before.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:36 pm

I agree. This seems only partially resolved. What I see now does not look like what I saw on Friday especially further out on the schedule. The prior post said not fixed till Wed though so maybe it is coming back slowly
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Alec84
I tried to find some discussion related to this topic, but didn't find anything. So, do Economy SAAver awards disappear for some days of the week. Last week I was looking at an award flight PTP-MIA in January. It was available at 17.500 miles. Since Friday night the price has remained at 37.000 miles. What is really ridiculous in my opinion is that the price for that particular flight (only operated on Saturdays until sumemr) is 37.000 miles or more for every single date as long as the calender shows, until next November. That was not the case last Thursday when I checked some dates.
As this is related to a known issue on the pmAA side, I'll merge this into the extant thread.

Please note the announcement at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: NEW AMERICAN / AA and US Pre-Merger FORUM STRUCTURE. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Maybe they are correcting this my region. I am starting to see Europe open up, but South America hasn't.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Maybe they are correcting this my region. I am starting to see Europe open up, but South America hasn't.
As a data point, we were re trying to book with AS miles through AS' website.

Availability was great November 16th when we checked, for SEA-CDG February 6, 2015, and wide open the entire month.

November 21 we checked again to change our tickets (originally SEA-BCN) over, and all the sAAver availability (what AS has access to) was gone.

Yesterday, November 25, sAAver availability came back online for our route so we quickly changed our tickets over.

So hopefully the other routes you guys are looking at will be be restored this by this evening.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bj27
So hopefully the other routes you guys are looking at will be be restored this by this evening.
Indeed!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:27 am

See it coming back for LIM in spring, though nowhere near as good as it was pre-11/22.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:58 pm

All AASaver inventory gone, magically back

I'd been looking at AASaver to PTY, wide open for weeks, when I went to book yesterday all availability for every date had disappeared, I was forced to book United at much higher cost.
Today I called AA to see if this was permanent, talked to CS, web support and finally international booking who told me they had no issues and availability was wide open, the flights reappeared on aa.com before my eyes.

Fortunately, United let me cancel the higher cost and I booked aa easily today but so much wasted time for this big 'no problem' from AA. Also tried to book domestic MCO-SLC for my daughter, all AA gone, sad spotty on US and AS, had to pay cash for a ticket, the horror.

I thought my AA and BA miles had all become worthless.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Can anyone recall something like this ever happening before as part of loading new scedules? I have never seen it happen before.��

Seats DFW EZE are still not showing . Not a single saaver seat for 99% of 2015. I Che che ked Jan. To Oct. Also checked DFW SLC.
A few saaver econ in March and April 2015, then nothing in any class through Oct. Out of curiosity I also looked Dat DFW HKG. NAda for saaver seats except for a few econ in Jan. Maybe the problem is with using DFW for award travel.

So looks like if you want to redeem Aadvantage miles for popular SA destinations our miles are useless.��

Last edited by susiesan; Nov 26, 2014 at 6:26 pm
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:38 pm

Yeah, I'm still seeing only very,very spotty availability btwn NYC and hub cities in Europe. At most, there are only 5-8 days available throughout March, April or May. I'm hoping AA is not done with this yet.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wbowles
I'd been looking at AASaver to PTY, wide open for weeks, when I went to book yesterday all availability for every date had disappeared, I was forced to book United at much higher cost.
Today I called AA to see if this was permanent, talked to CS, web support and finally international booking who told me they had no issues and availability was wide open, the flights reappeared on aa.com before my eyes.

Fortunately, United let me cancel the higher cost and I booked aa easily today but so much wasted time for this big 'no problem' from AA. Also tried to book domestic MCO-SLC for my daughter, all AA gone, sad spotty on US and AS, had to pay cash for a ticket, the horror.

I thought my AA and BA miles had all become worthless.
Glad it worked out for you-- yes, they definitely could have done a better job getting out the word that this was only a temporary outage, that's for sure.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by susiesan
Can anyone recall something like this ever happening before as part of loading new scedules? I have never seen it happen before.��

Seats DFW EZE are still not showing . Not a single saaver seat for 99% of 2015. I Che che ked Jan. To Oct. Also checked DFW SLC.
A few saaver econ in March and April 2015, then nothing in any class through Oct. Out of curiosity I also looked Dat DFW HKG. NAda for saaver seats except for a few econ in Jan. Maybe the problem is with using DFW for award travel.

So looks like if you want to redeem Aadvantage miles for popular SA destinations our miles are useless.��
No, but the opposite has happened quite a bit in the past where lots of availability comes online after a schedule change. I'm guessing this might be an attempt to keep that from happening in the future - and in the process, they may not have it quite right yet.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
No, but the opposite has happened quite a bit in the past where lots of availability comes online after a schedule change. I'm guessing this might be an attempt to keep that from happening in the future - and in the process, they may not have it quite right yet.
That's my guess as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.