Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No int'l. AA saaver or SWU availability 11+ days out – Being resolved? (Nov 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
After one week of daily search, still no luck in finding saver awards (economy or business) in Oct 2015 for MXP from LAX/JFK/MIA, and for FCO from LAX/JFK/ORD/PHL.
Still hopeful for that lucky day to come...
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hxhbk
After one week of daily search, still no luck in finding saver awards (economy or business) in Oct 2015 for MXP from LAX/JFK/MIA, and for FCO from LAX/JFK/ORD/PHL.
Still hopeful for that lucky day to come...
But was this a case where you -did- see any award availability for those before this past weekend?

Just trying to make sure this thread stays laser-focused on this current glitch-- as opposed to regular lack-of-availability issues which should be posted here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Again "should" in this case to simply hope to keep the pressure on AAdv if this glitch has not been completely fixed-- which it sounds like it hasn't. I think that will be in the best interests of all members here.

Last edited by JonNYC; Nov 27, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Some Saver Award and SWU availability has opened back up to South America, but not from May going forward, zero for what I've looked for. Before 11/21/14 there was scattered availability, especially when approaching 330 days forward.

That being said, I am seeing a few anomalies where a bit more higher end award space has become available, as a result of aircraft/schedule changes, than I have previously seen.

As for Europe, I had a friend who could find no AA Saver Business award space for a September USA-Rome trip late last week. Yesterday they scored 2 on the dates they were looking for.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:06 pm

I'm also seeing something new today that I didn't see even yesterday: more routes with no options available for any award- saver or otherwise. Just blank calender cells. Hoping this means big changes over the past week's situation are imminent.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
But was this a case where you -did- see any award availability for those before this past weekend?

Just trying to make sure this thread stays laser-focused on this current glitch-- as opposed to regular lack-of-availability issues which should be posted here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Again "should" in this case to simply hope to keep the pressure on AAdv if this glitch has not been completely fixed-- which it sounds like it hasn't. I think that will be in the best interests of all members here.
I only started to look last weekend, so my input may not be relevant.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hxhbk
I only started to look last weekend, so my input may not be relevant.
Just to say-- very relevant to the linked thread, just not to the one (or at least not with any certainty) so, just wanted to keep this extremely sharp focus here so as to force AA to answer without some kind of "award availability isn't guranteed...." type boilerplate as they would if this were a "regular" observation of lack of award space.

Appreciate very much your understanding! ^
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I've been searching with flexible dates Europe to USA for late summer, so my issue was slightly different. But when I called in to ask, I got this from EXP agent--he said he had received an email warning them that the weekend schedule change load would be the biggest in AA history.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
I just found this thread. I use my AS miles for international award travel in biz on Emirates. However, I am trying to help my daughter use her AS miles to get to Europe in economy on AA metal next Oct. I cannot find any saver availability on the AA site. (None on AS site also). Is this the best thread here on FT to monitor for the status of this "glitch"?

What a bummer it would be now that her time frame opened, the awards have disappeared. A PM would be fine also.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Arsey00
I've been searching with flexible dates Europe to USA for late summer, so my issue was slightly different. But when I called in to ask, I got this from EXP agent--he said he had received an email warning them that the weekend schedule change load would be the biggest in AA history.
Arsey: is the sechedule change coming uo this coming weekend or was the agent referring to last weekend's change? What makes this schedule change so big; what's that different about it other than doing away with saaver int'l awards to almost anywhere on AA metal?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Just to say-- very relevant to the linked thread, just not to the one (or at least not with any certainty) so, just wanted to keep this extremely sharp focus here so as to force AA to answer without some kind of "award availability isn't guranteed...." type boilerplate as they would if this were a "regular" observation of lack of award space.

Appreciate very much your understanding! ^
JonNYC: The cutoff date for saaver awards in any class to EZE and SCL is April 15, 2015. After that date there are zero saaver awards. I mainly check from DFW, but MIA doesn't have many either. Prior to last week there were plenty of saaver seats, especially in econ.

For my situation of a Cape Horn cruise, I can put a deposit on the cruise a year in advance, and then try for seats. One has to pay for a cruise in full 90 days prior to sailing. If I don't find saaver award seats to coincide with the cruise then I would just cancel it and think about where else to go in Feb. 2015. I might also book award seats to an alternate vacation destination, if I can get them, and then redeposit those miles if the South American seats open up. But I'd have to pay the fee as I'm not exp. I can only take 1 vacation early in the year.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
SAAver economy MIA-GGT (Bahamas)

I had been debating a May 2015 trip, and there definitely had been some availability for several weeks (I had been checking and holding a seat on and off), but sometime after 11/21, all SAAver availability between MIA and GGT during the entire month of May disappeared and has not returned. I also looked at October 2015 (11 months out), and there was no availability then either.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by susiesan
Arsey: is the sechedule change coming uo this coming weekend or was the agent referring to last weekend's change? What makes this schedule change so big; what's that different about it other than doing away with saaver int'l awards to almost anywhere on AA metal?
He was referring to last weekend. He didn't say what would be different, I'm guessing the email didn't say. But warned them to be prepared.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JoJo12
I just found this thread. I use my AS miles for international award travel in biz on Emirates. However, I am trying to help my daughter use her AS miles to get to Europe in economy on AA metal next Oct. I cannot find any saver availability on the AA site. (None on AS site also). Is this the best thread here on FT to monitor for the status of this "glitch"?

What a bummer it would be now that her time frame opened, the awards have disappeared. A PM would be fine also.
Definitely the best thread *IF* the lack of availability you're experiencing is, in fact, related to this glitch. If it's more run of the mill lack of milesAAver availability then the glitch being fixed won't help that.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MPVG75, AAdvantage PlatPro, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I was on the phone with AA because the schedule change had caused a misconnect on a trip I have planned next year. The agent said this was AA's largest schedule change ever because they are aligning flights with US.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: American Advantage, Kris Flyer
All Saver awards on the GDL-DFW are gone post 13 April
Traditionally it's been very easy to find availability on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.