Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SWU / Rewards for EXP and Beyond [more than 200k EQP/EQM - what next?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SWU / Rewards for EXP and Beyond [more than 200K EQP/EQM]

Executive Platinum AAdvantage members with 150,000 and 200,000 EQ Miles will automatically receive two extra SWU / Systemwide Upgrades (two at 150,000 EQM and at 200,000 EQM thereafter, earned in the same calendar year).

If you think you are eligible and have not received them, call AAdvantage Customer Service:

AAdvantage Customer Service
Have questions about your AAdvantage account or program benefits?
Call us
Within the U.S. or Canada
800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number

Monday - Friday.
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CT

817-963-7882 (fax)
Note that re/qualifying in 2016 and onward earns four (4) SWU; two SWU at 150k and 200k EQM. Passing 250,000 EQM generally earns no more SWU, but particularly high value flyers and CK might get additional SWU by requesting them. This is possible, not probable.

Rumor: new elite level(s) and low-fare product details coming
Print Wikipost

SWU / Rewards for EXP and Beyond [more than 200k EQP/EQM - what next?]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I'm at 165K EQPs this year and have received nothing. Maybe worth noting that I haven't used any SWUs because I've been flying paid F all year; but I don't know that likelihood of being used is a factor in the algorithm.
It's not automatic, you must call in and request the extra SWUs. However, if you're not going to use them, there's no since in making the request. Early birthday/holiday presents of SWUs could be fun to give away.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:30 am

I'm at 165K EQPs this year and have received nothing. Maybe worth noting that I haven't used any SWUs because I've been flying paid F all year; but I don't know that likelihood of being used is a factor in the algorithm.
Just the opposite - you are a high value customer. But, as Roger said, you have to call. Right now, you will most likely get two extra's.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RogerD408
It's not automatic, you must call in and request the extra SWUs...
Originally Posted by 110pgl
Just the opposite - you are a high value customer. But, as Roger said, you have to call. Right now, you will most likely get two extra's.
What they said!

And, if you -don't- need extra SWUs, still call in as there's a *chance* for such a profile ("flying paid F all year") that if you tell them you can't use SWUs that they'll offer you something else. Definitely makes sense to establish contact with them.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:08 am

I sent an email to AAdvantage customer service voicing my displeasure at lack of incremental recognition at 125K, and how it would hurt American. I was polite. I did get a call back, which was nice, and referencing prior programs. No change immediately, but will be forwarded for future consideration.

I'd encourage others to do likewise. Here is the link - https://www.aa.com/contactAA/viewAad...NetSAAver=TRUE

In the meantime, I'm going to book some VX flights. I can usually fly VX in First for less than the price of flying AA in Economy. Guaranteed First on VX beats Y on AA with only a small upgrade chance and double miles as an EXP without any further incentives. On a recent flight from DCA to DFW, I couldn't even get MCE (EF seat alerts were set) let alone an upgrade to F for a ticket bought 3 weeks in advance.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bmchris
I sent an email to AAdvantage customer service voicing my displeasure at lack of incremental recognition at 125K, and how it would hurt American. I was polite. I did get a call back, which was nice, and referencing prior programs. No change immediately, but will be forwarded for future consideration.

I'd encourage others to do likewise. Here is the link - https://www.aa.com/contactAA/viewAad...NetSAAver=TRUE

In the meantime, I'm going to book some VX flights. I can usually fly VX in First for less than the price of flying AA in Economy. Guaranteed First on VX beats Y on AA with only a small upgrade chance and double miles as an EXP without any further incentives. On a recent flight from DCA to DFW, I couldn't even get MCE (EF seat alerts were set) let alone an upgrade to F for a ticket bought 3 weeks in advance.
We have moved your post into the existing thread in the "Combined" forum. The AAdvantage FFP has been a combined AA -US program for over half a year now. As well, we don't recommend bumping up old threads that have not been posted to in two years are longer.

/Moderator

125k what? Miles? Points?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
I'm just over 100K eqms. I called and they confirmed that I will get additional SWUs at 150K. Just make the call.
150EQP or 150EQM?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:34 pm

150K EQPs. Sorry - not EQMs.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Turkish Gold, Spire Amb, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
Sorry I am just getting around to responding to all of your helpful posts. I was on a cruise and, of course, the internet was awful.

@cmd320 - Thanks, I will.

@110pgh and @JonNYC - Thank you both for all your posts on here. They are invaluable. I did read JonNYC's post before I called. That's how I knew to ask about the Eagles. (I just asked outright how many I had, and after a bunch of searching, the agent told me. He stated, without any irony, that it took a lot of searching because AA had moved that information because "too many agents were giving it out to customers". ) Anyway, I am now over 150k EQP, so I will call again when I have a chance.

@anabolism - Thanks. I spoke with the EXP desk. Now, thanks to you, I know to call ACS. I had missed that detail before. So thanks again.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: LH HON
Done for the year and having achieved 277k EQP which resulted in six SWU and a nice letter.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
Done for the year and having achieved 277k EQP which resulted in six SWU and a nice letter.
Nice job! ^^

Just went over 200k EQP... debating changing the last few flights to award tickets.... no need for more points.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Solon594
Sorry I am just getting around to responding to all of your helpful posts. I was on a cruise and, of course, the internet was awful.

@cmd320 - Thanks, I will.

@110pgh and @JonNYC - Thank you both for all your posts on here. They are invaluable. I did read JonNYC's post before I called. That's how I knew to ask about the Eagles. (I just asked outright how many I had, and after a bunch of searching, the agent told me. He stated, without any irony, that it took a lot of searching because AA had moved that information because "too many agents were giving it out to customers". ) Anyway, I am now over 150k EQP, so I will call again when I have a chance.

@anabolism - Thanks. I spoke with the EXP desk. Now, thanks to you, I know to call ACS. I had missed that detail before. So thanks again.
Yeah, EXP desk 'aint gonna know/want to know about this, have to ask for ACS and specify overachieving executive platinum program, that should do the trick. Although asking EP desk about your Helix score (I assume that's who you asked) might have been more successful than asking ACS (who would be far more cautious about discussing same) so, in that sense, just as well that you succeeded with that first.

I have in the last 3 weeks received 2 PMs from 150K+ EQPs EPs who were denied entirely for any extra SWUs (completely in line with the chart I've posted) but one of them was then able to plea-bargain to "2 SWUs to your account with no more possible this year or next" (sounds like the member was very persistent about it.) So, if all else fails, try that, first time I've heard that exact response.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JonNYC
...I have in the last 3 weeks received 2 PMs from 150K+ EQPs EPs who were denied entirely for any extra SWUs (completely in line with the chart I've posted) but one of them was then able to plea-bargain to "2 SWUs to your account with no more possible this year or next" (sounds like the member was very persistent about it.) So, if all else fails, try that, first time I've heard that exact response.
Just got another PM saying they were turned down as well.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
I
Hasn't been my experience from SF, but then that's the VX home base so perhaps to be expected. Still, almost all my dom flights this year have been with VX, mostly in F. Totally agree with you. This "Keep flying with us and if we like you enough, maybe we'll throw you a bone" business? Too funny.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Just got another PM saying they were turned down as well.
Maybe time to start collecting and comparing names. Any bets it's the same person not knowing what is and isn't doable? I'd hate to see a rouge AAgent start making policy.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Maybe time to start collecting and comparing names. Any bets it's the same person not knowing what is and isn't doable? I'd hate to see a rouge AAgent start making policy.
It's a very, very valid point and notion. In this case, however, I don't personally -think- that's the case as at in August I had an email dialog with an senior ACS person who stated "don't know why you're speaking the idea that ALL EPs are eligible for this. They are not." (even though I've been consistently saying the exact opposite.)

So, I personally don't smell any rogueness at all, I see the policy being enforced as we have known it for a long time.

Last edited by JonNYC; Oct 13, 2015 at 9:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.