Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SWU / Rewards for EXP and Beyond [more than 200k EQP/EQM - what next?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SWU / Rewards for EXP and Beyond [more than 200K EQP/EQM]

Executive Platinum AAdvantage members with 150,000 and 200,000 EQ Miles will automatically receive two extra SWU / Systemwide Upgrades (two at 150,000 EQM and at 200,000 EQM thereafter, earned in the same calendar year).

If you think you are eligible and have not received them, call AAdvantage Customer Service:

AAdvantage Customer Service
Have questions about your AAdvantage account or program benefits?
Call us
Within the U.S. or Canada
800-882-8880 or your elite reservation number

Monday - Friday.
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CT

817-963-7882 (fax)
Note that re/qualifying in 2016 and onward earns four (4) SWU; two SWU at 150k and 200k EQM. Passing 250,000 EQM generally earns no more SWU, but particularly high value flyers and CK might get additional SWU by requesting them. This is possible, not probable.

Rumor: new elite level(s) and low-fare product details coming
Print Wikipost

SWU / Rewards for EXP and Beyond [more than 200k EQP/EQM - what next?]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
Okay so here it is:

100k - 4 SWU
150k - 2 SWU
200k - 2 SWU
250k - 2 SWU
300k - 25000 bonus miles
I believe post-200K rewards are completely up to whichever CS agent you have assigned to your account. I've only been getting 2 SWU per 50K (currently at 365K, 14 SWU total credited to account).
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gino Troian
I believe post-200K rewards are completely up to whichever CS agent you have assigned to your account. I've only been getting 2 SWU per 50K (currently at 365K, 14 SWU total credited to account).
Depends on Helix rating.

But when you say "I've only been getting 2 SWU per 50K," I don't see where anyone is reporting anything above that unless I'm missing something (certainly not the post you quote.) It's the best one can do, and what I've reported in such cases.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Depends on Helix rating.

But when you say "I've only been getting 2 SWU per 50K," I don't see where anyone is reporting anything above that unless I'm missing something (certainly not the post you quote.) It's the best one can do, and what I've reported in such cases.
Sorry, I should've been more clear - what I mean to say is that I have never been offered anything other than additional SWU's (trust me, I'm grateful and not complaining ).

However, are you completely sure that they award those with high Helix/Eagle ratings? From what I've read and have assumed for a while, is that those with high Helix ratings are those who complain a lot/are victims of terrible IRROPS/on the verge of leaving the airline for another. I'm none of those, but am very nice with my assigned CS agent, which led to my assumption that it's solely up to the CS agent whether or not to reward further.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Oh hm, this is interesting that this is confirmed back?

I stopped crediting to AA after 200K EQM so I can make BA Silver (ows), but now I guess I should re-evaluate...

Seems that OWS is enough to get into flagship now though, so I guess OWS and then more crediting to AA...

Wish they'd throw in something like domestic lounge access at 200k eqm or something like DL so I didn't have to keep doing to double oneworld status thing.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:26 am
Suspended

Sorry, I should've been more clear - what I mean to say is that I have never been offered anything other than additional SWU's (trust me, I'm grateful and not complaining ).
Ah, thanks for the clarification!

...However, are you completely sure that they award those with high Helix/Eagle ratings?
Yes, 4/5 Eagle ranking.

..From what I've read and have assumed for a while, is that those with high Helix ratings are those who complain a lot/are victims of terrible IRROPS/on the verge of leaving the airline for another. .
No, that's not an accurate/complete picture of Helix score.

...I'm none of those, but am very nice with my assigned CS agent, which led to my assumption that it's solely up to the CS agent whether or not to reward further.
Definitely not.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by no2chem
Oh hm, this is interesting that this is confirmed back?
I have no idea what AA's strategy is here.

Initially it seemed like they were trying to be more predictable and transparent, but it seems like they've gone to a system where between 100K and 200K EQMs things are relatively predictable and transparent, but beyond that you're back to the "ask nicely and see what happens" model of previous years?

I'm trying to decide how much it would have influenced my behavior this year, but the lack of a predictable incentive to continue to earning on AA is definitely one of the factors that moved me to diversify my flying onto Delta this year. Given that AA is hardly releasing any C inventory significantly in advance of flight times these days, would it really be that hard just to say you're going to get an extra 2 SWUs every 50K MQMs?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
OMAAT is reporting that a new promotion will give out two extra SWUs for fliers that go above 300k EQM. Seems pretty paltry to me that it was recently when we were getting two more for 250k at least. I wonder if that offer would still be around for those with high Helix scores? Anyone in the know on that one?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:43 am

when achieving 300K EQM, you have the option to choose either 40K RDM, ability to gift Platinum status, or two additional SWU

still possible to recieve extra SWUs outside of the 8 after 200K and (if you were to choose) the 2 at 300K
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: LH HON
Interesting. I was offered 30k RDM (a step up from the 25k offered last year), two additional SWU or Platinum gift.
On the website I can choose the 40k RDM offer tho, lol.

Last edited by ckx2; Jun 28, 2018 at 9:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.