Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you won’t have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Really? Wow, I didn’t know it sold out in Y all the time. What days/times were your flying patterns?
Mon/Tues am JFK-SFO, SFO-JFK Weds/Thurs on the redeye. Then I'd drive back to PHL. Remember the A321T only has a small 72-seat Y section which easily fills up.

Also from a practical perspective both J and F are both fine on the A321T. Sure the F seat is a bit bigger, but the food and champagne are poor on both. Both lie flat, I'm 6'1" and can easily lie down on either and sleep.

These days I travel to Europe twice a month, so I avoid transcontinental redeyes, taking the 767 SFO-PHL as we speak.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by jmappleby
Mon/Tues am JFK-SFO, SFO-JFK Weds/Thurs on the redeye. Then I'd drive back to PHL. Remember the A321T only has a small 72-seat Y section which easily fills up.

Also from a practical perspective both J and F are both fine on the A321T. Sure the F seat is a bit bigger, but the food and champagne are poor on both. Both lie flat, I'm 6'1" and can easily lie down on either and sleep.

These days I travel to Europe twice a month, so I avoid transcontinental redeyes, taking the 767 SFO-PHL as we speak.
Thanks. Yeah I’d plan to stay in Biz much of the time unless opup, but maybe upgrade to F for ex-JFK for FFD on occasion. On the way back, will often be on red eyes, so Biz will be fine.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K

Just to settle the YUP / JUP debate, here's an example for tomorrow, JFK-LAX. As you can see, when business is sold out, the JUP becomes available.
BlatheringPenguin likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by daron4000

Just to settle the YUP / JUP debate, here's an example for tomorrow, JFK-LAX. As you can see, when business is sold out, the JUP becomes available.
Thanks! What do the boxes saying "Choose" mean? Wait, what does the JUP price at? The same as the YUP, when Business is sold out? This is so confusing LOL!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Thanks! What do the boxes saying "Choose" mean? Wait, what does the JUP price at? The same as the YUP, when Business is sold out? This is so confusing LOL!
You're seeing columns from left to right that correspond to the columns on AA.com, in this case: AAirpass Economy, Instant Upgrade, AAirpass Business, AAirpass First.

Choose means available to proceed to booking confirmation page, when there is no box the cabin is sold out. As stated earlier, there can only ever be either a YUP (when business is available) or a JUP available to buy. That's why there's only one Instant Upgrade column on the website. And I am actually unclear if when J1 D0 R0 I0 if you can buy the JUP or not but I think you can.

Pricing for the JUP to First is same as AAirpass Business pricing.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by daron4000
You're seeing columns from left to right that correspond to the columns on AA.com, in this case: AAirpass Economy, Instant Upgrade, AAirpass Business, AAirpass First.

Choose means available to proceed to booking confirmation page, when there is no box the cabin is sold out. As stated earlier, there can only ever be either a YUP (when business is available) or a JUP available to buy. That's why there's only one Instant Upgrade column on the website. And I am actually unclear if when J1 D0 R0 I0 if you can buy the JUP or not but I think you can.

Pricing for the JUP to First is same as AAirpass Business pricing.
OK thanks so much. The JUP not being available when there's a YUP seems like a bug. In my discussions with my rep, the JUP should be available when A class is available, so I guess one would have to call.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:51 am
Suspended

OK, so can I elect to take JFK-LAX-SFO at the same cost as JFK-SFO under Airpass (assuming identical booking classes are available on both segments)?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:10 am
Suspended

Oh, and follow up: Can one credit Airpass flights to a different carrier? BA in my case. Is there any reason to credit to AA, since you've already got the status? Other than the extra SWU's at 150, 200K, etc.?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:18 am

No, it's explicitly forbidden in the terms and conditions to credit to other carriers.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bttc
No, it's explicitly forbidden in the terms and conditions to credit to other carriers.
Interesting!
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Anyone know if you can credit Airpass flights to BusinessExtra as well?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Anyone know if you can credit Airpass flights to BusinessExtra as well?
You cannot.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:56 am
Suspended

Thanks. Figured. Anyone know the answer to:

OK, so can I elect to take JFK-LAX-SFO at the same cost as JFK-SFO under Airpass (assuming identical booking classes are available on both segments)?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:03 am

Thanks. Figured. Anyone know the answer to:

yes. Why would you want to do that unless JFK-SFO sold out at the time you need...
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin
yes. Why would you want to do that unless JFK-SFO sold out at the time you need...
A few reasons:
  1. Primary reason as you state, non-stop could be sold out in the YUP or JUP. There are far fewer flights to/from SFO vs. LAX.
  2. Squeeze in a quick visit/meeting in LA. Stopover limit is 4 hours or 24 hours? Do you know if I arrived in LA after the last flight to SFO, can you force an overnight?
  3. Not being in a rush and desire to visit FFD occasionally.

Thank you.

Last edited by BlooJoo; Feb 15, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.