Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Shawn02139
American Airlines AirPass PrePaid Travel

NOTE: The program is Airpass; no longer named "AAirpass"
Link to AirPass front page

Link to aa.com AirPass contact and links page.

Prepaid, Unrestricted Air Travel at a Fixed Rate

As an AirPass member, you won’t have to search for fares or pay extra for last-minute trips. Your airfare is pre-paid at a fixed rate and your account is ready when you need to travel to any of the more than 350 destinations in the combined American Airlines and US Airways network.
AirPass offers significant savings on fares (as well as guaranteed last seat availability) for flyers who know they will fly a lot but find themselves buying expensive last minute walk-up level fares.

AirPass, depending on level of purchase, includes status and may include up to Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership, or even Concierge Key, which includes both.

AirPass members get a courtesy drink and a snack if they're traveling in Coach, much as Executive Platinums do; unlike Executive Platinums, their traveling companion does also.

14 Jan 2016 jmappleby said: "...they take credit via wire transfer at $10k (Gold), $20k (Platinum), $30k (EP). Concierge Key is available for $50k individual spend or $75k team spend."
AirPass can be for different classes of service, and except for "PlanAAhead Economy", book into Y, J or F classes (and in 2016 will earn AA Elite Qualifying Miles at Y, J or F levels) and for Economy AirPass flyers offers "instant upgrade" fares that book into A for First or D for Business. These may not be available on all routes, however, and the legal routes may change during your contract.

Contact AirPass

AirPass Customer Service
800-433-6355
817-931-9029 - Fax

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT)

Send us a letter
FedEX / UPS / Overnight mail
American Airlines
AirPass Customer Service
4255 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 4106
Fort Worth, TX 76155

U.S mail
American Airlines, Inc.
AirPass Customer Service
P.O. Box 619616
MD 4106
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9616
You can get indicative pricing here: https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...ervations.html
The best deal seems to be the -UP fares, where you pay the standard economy, but book a confirmed seat into business
Print Wikipost

AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 4:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
CK status (via Airpass purchase) just extended another there months to 9/15/21. Original end date was 3/15/21, then extended to 6/15/21 in early April IIRC. Now 9/15/21. Received a call from Airpass letting me know. I asked if the validity of my Airpass contract was extended to. It wasn't. She requested on my behalf, and it was within an hour, so I assume that was just an oversight. SWU's weren't extended past the original extension of 6/15/21, but I've asked for those to be extended to 9/15/21 to match up, and we'll see what they say.

So now it's a six month extension vs. the 12 months non-Airpass members got. Not sure it should be less for Airpass status, but I feel OK about this.
Thanks for posting this. Weird, I didn't get a call, still at the June expiry date... called AirPass customer service and they said don't know about another 3 month extension.
Old May 8, 2020, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by goldtiger
Thanks for posting this. Weird, I didn't get a call, still at the June expiry date... called AirPass customer service and they said don't know about another 3 month extension.
Boo... give it a few days. Frankly, it sounded like I was her first call. She didn't really have a lot of answers. What was your original contract end date?
Old May 8, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Boo... give it a few days. Frankly, it sounded like I was her first call. She didn't really have a lot of answers. What was your original contract end date?
Yeah, I'll wait it out, hopefully I'm up next soon -- original contract end date was 3/18/21
Old May 8, 2020, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Yeah, I'll wait it out, hopefully I'm up next soon -- original contract end date was 3/18/21
OK same as me -- needed to lock in those old prices!
Old May 8, 2020, 4:53 pm

OK same as me -- needed to lock in those old prices!
Yeah exactly... happy to hear you got the 6-mo total extension though... and my contract was a renewal, not sure if that has something to do with how this works (don't know if you're renewal or new).
Old May 8, 2020, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Yeah exactly... happy to hear you got the 6-mo total extension though... and my contract was a renewal, not sure if that has something to do with how this works (don't know if you're renewal or new).
I was a newb, maybe that's part of it? I think you'll get it though, I mean you got the first three month extension...
goldtiger likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 7:10 am

Interesting. Will see if we automatically get another 3 month extension on top of our first 3
month extension, otherwise will contact them soon. Given AA doesn’t even serve my country of residence right now and keeps pushing back the restart date, I’d expect they’ll agree to extend.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:15 am

Airpass now being sold for $5k includes Admirals Club + Elite

Airpass now being sold to customers for only $5k that includes Admirals club plus elite status.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Centurion
Airpass now being sold to customers for only $5k that includes Admirals club plus elite status.
Source? Reference?

Thanks..
rumboj likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
benefits? inquiring minds need to know please.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Airpass Link? Looks old but they have a 787 graphic. Odd.

https://airpass.aa.com/vt-customer/c...embership.html
Old May 28, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Can't be that old since they also have Platinum Pro as an option
Old May 28, 2020, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Centurion
I see prices from $10K for Gold to $30K for EXP.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I see prices from $10K for Gold to $30K for EXP.
I got an email a bit ago and when I click the link in it I see this:
(http://americanairlinespartners.com/...|SOLO||AirPass)
teemuflyer likes this.

Last edited by Drwaz99; May 28, 2020 at 9:52 am
Old May 28, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I got an email a bit ago and when I click the link in it I see this:
(</title> <style type="text/css"> FORM { background-color: transparent; } FORM .fieldLabel { font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; color: #36495a ; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; font-style: normal; } FORM .yesNoCheckboxLabel { display: blo)
I got the same email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.