Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantageŽ Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage GoldŽ status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage PlatinumŽ status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American EagleŽ or the AmericanConnectionŽ

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

• Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

• ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

• Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 4MM; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cannonball Run
What's matter to me - is how I've used the miles over the years.... I've used them well.
Cannonball,

Do you have a lot of RDM in your account, still, or have you burned through them over the past several decades of flying?

And, congratulations!
--woodstock
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
Cannonball,

Do you have a lot of RDM in your account, still, or have you burned through them over the past several decades of flying?

And, congratulations!
--woodstock
Which, if you used for Cannonball himself, would actually mean additional true BIS time, if not miles.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Since December 1, 2011 - roughly the past 19 months - 505,000 miles only BIS for me have been counted - almost all on AA, some on OW.
Damn that's crazy-but impressive!^^^
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Programs: 10 MM BIS AA
AA 10MMer is a truly splendid achievement especially for those who earned 10MM mostly by flying.

But as I posted on the other board, claiming oneself to be 10MM BIS is a bit overstated.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Originally Posted by supergrandslam
AA 10MMer is a truly splendid achievement especially for those who earned 10MM mostly by flying.

But as I posted on the other board, claiming oneself to be 10MM BIS is a bit overstated.
I don't disagree with you and would have changed the headline, however since this is no longer a thread but merged into relative oblivion, changing the headline becomes fairly unimportant.

Under the same logic - for the next 2+ years - it's highly unlikely that any new Million Milers at any level will be pure BIS Million Miler. (2+ is speculation that few will travel on AA or OW over 250,000 base miles in a year - 4 years in a row - it can happen - personally speaking I know - just rare).
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
Cannonball,

And, congratulations!
--woodstock
A Lot is a relative term. My account has been as low as 300,000 in the last 10 years and as high as just under 2 million. I've used over 9 million over the years - with some memorable 'buys' especially earlier in the programs when computers were not used as much for revenue management. Think Concorde, entire top deck on an overseas 747 for a party. Today is slightly under the 2 million mark in the bank.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
I don't disagree with you and would have changed the headline, however since this is no longer a thread but merged into relative oblivion, changing the headline becomes fairly unimportant.

Under the same logic - for the next 2+ years - it's highly unlikely that any new Million Milers at any level will be pure BIS Million Miler. (2+ is speculation that few will travel on AA or OW over 250,000 base miles in a year - 4 years in a row - it can happen - personally speaking I know - just rare).
I was talking about your profile on FT, not the thread title.

It takes 40 years to become 10MM BIS miler if he flies 250K miles a year. Defnition of BIS is unchanged. It's nothing related to the change in AA MM program.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I just crossed 1mm during NRT-LAX in J. After the effort I put forth to bank miles during the last 3 months of the "every mile counts" rule, I thought my mouth would be watering for the moment, but I completely forgot about the milestone until I was home laying in bed about 12 hours later!

That said, I hit Life-time Gold just in time, as I have cut back business travel big time and am starting a family. Being born in the 80's, I am looking forward to many years of free checked bags, the occasional Saturday evening upgrade, and probably a lot of changes (hopefully some good) to the LT Gold program.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
... I've used over 9 million over the years - with some memorable 'buys' especially earlier in the programs when computers were not used as much for revenue management. Think Concorde, entire top deck on an overseas 747 for a party...
Just to make me regret coming late to this party even more than I already do, how many miles did a Concorde return cost? Was it more than regular TATL F?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:23 am

Programs: AA:EXP
Just waiting to board my qualifying 1MM flight!!!!

Well after 16 years of flying TWA/AA I am sitting in the F Galleries Lounge Heathrow T-3 waiting to board AA137 LHR-LAX in J which will take me to 1,001,084 miles.

Sipping some Tattingers 2006 is making this event that much more sweet.

I NEVER thought I would be able to accomplish this milestone.

It will be nice when I slow down my travel to always have the GOLD perks available.

Cheers All!!!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by stageworks
Well after 16 years of flying TWA/AA I am sitting in the F Galleries Lounge Heathrow T-3 waiting to board AA137 LHR-LAX in J which will take me to 1,001,084 miles.

Sipping some Tattingers 2006 is making this event that much more sweet..

It will be nice when I slow down my travel to always have the GOLD perks available.
Congratulations! However, enjoy your Tattinger 2006. When its effect has worn off, the GOLD perks will seem much less special.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by stageworks

Sipping some Tattingers 2006 is making this event that much more sweet.

I NEVER thought I would be able to accomplish this milestone.

Cheers All!!!
I just hit 2,000,000 several months ago. I'm hopeful that there will continue to be perks in the coming years.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:46 pm

Could not do it!!!!

Haven't looked at my AA account much the last few years as I fly mainly US cause company wants cheap fares and better service to small eastern seaboard cities where I mostly go.

Looked and I am at 998,014 and thought, Hey why don't I book that BOS rt in a couple of weeks on AA and go over the MM threshold. BIS miles except for plat bonuses, but never any CC miles.

Only middle seats left on most flights and then thought, hmm why do it to myself. LOL

F on upgrade with US and when the merge comes I will have 1.5 MM combined.

See you guys soon.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Good call. I wouldn't torture myself for Gold, lifetime or not. As you note, it would happen in due course sometime anyway.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by shaddie
Could not do it!!!!

Haven't looked at my AA account much the last few years as I fly mainly US cause company wants cheap fares and better service to small eastern seaboard cities where I mostly go.

Looked and I am at 998,014 and thought, Hey why don't I book that BOS rt in a couple of weeks on AA and go over the MM threshold. BIS miles except for plat bonuses, but never any CC miles.

Only middle seats left on most flights and then thought, hmm why do it to myself. LOL

F on upgrade with US and when the merge comes I will have 1.5 MM combined.

See you guys soon.
Nobody's really sure how they're going to treat the combined MM program, but there may be some aadvantage to crossing the threshold beforehand. If I were anywhere close to another MM, I'd make sure I got there pre-merger. Especially after all of the drama United stirred up by altering the benefits for existing MM'ers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.