Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantage® Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Gold® status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Platinum® status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American Eagle® or the AmericanConnection®

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by ps9a
Nobody's really sure how they're going to treat the combined MM program, but there may be some aadvantage to crossing the threshold beforehand. If I were anywhere close to another MM, I'd make sure I got there pre-merger. Especially after all of the drama United stirred up by altering the benefits for existing MM'ers.
Well did it this week, got back yesterday and it is already on my account. At least I will get MCE till Feb. Hard way, middle seat from ORD to DFW.

At least until they start aligning routes and pricing, will still be on US mostly.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM
I am 49k away from 2 million. I knew I should have really played the miles game before they officially implemented the MM program and BIS rules.

Oh well. I'll hit 2M in about June and we'll see what happens. I'll probably get screwed but watcha gonna do...fly delta? Haha...amIright? Haha...guys?....ha...sigh
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: 2014 SPG Plat, 2013 Marriott Plat, 2011 AA EXP->PLT->GLD, 1MM, 2013 Delta Gold
Woot! Made it!
Old Feb 9, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Woo Hoo!!! Just crossed the 2M threshold - lifetime Platinum here I come...
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just wondering - when does 35,000 miles get posted when one cross 1MM?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by ilovetofly
Just wondering - when does 35,000 miles get posted when one cross 1MM?
I'd like to know too since I passed 1mm two weeks ago and haven't seen anything yet.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I just hit 2,000,000 several months ago. I'm hopeful that there will continue to be perks in the coming years.
Of course there will be. Don't you know they promised plenty of benefits when the merger was done? You just sit tight and wait. It will come any moment now.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Of course there will be. Don't you know they promised plenty of benefits when the merger was done? You just sit tight and wait. It will come any moment now.
You sound like you're casting your vote against the merger-- dunno' how to break it to you, it's too late.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Made 2MM yesterday on ORD-ATL. It took forever (~15 years or so) but glad to have made it. I can stop flying now... KIDDING!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro (2MM)
Woo hoo! I made it over the 2MM line on my trip home from LUX this weekend. I can't figure out how they do the bonus miles now that I'm back to PLAT...seems like they credit the gold bonus on the plat (2MM) qualifying flight. Oh well...happy to have made it. Now where do Mrs Fly'nAAgain and I go to "spend" those SWAs?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG LT Gold, HHonors Silver
Just reached 1 MM

Hi all-

I just reached 1 MM last month (I realize that is small-time compared to most here! ) I'm just wondering when I can expect to see the bonus miles in my account. I assume that they send an email? How long has it taken to receive these in other folks experience?
Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by linire
Hi all-

I just reached 1 MM last month (I realize that is small-time compared to most here! ) I'm just wondering when I can expect to see the bonus miles in my account. I assume that they send an email? How long has it taken to receive these in other folks experience?
Thanks!
Congratulations! Gold for life - nice!

Reports upthread indicate from one to a few weeks. I recall an e-mail going on about what an accomplishment, etc. (see my post #164 above) and a kit came later with a new status tag with a Million Miles symbol and the number of millions expressed as "x Million". Reading upthread will probably reveal if they still send out two luggage tags with the new status card.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The archived thread for older posts (posts 5 Aug 2005 - end of 2010) can be found here: Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE.

/Moderator
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:09 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I think it used to be 4 weeks before 2011; now I doubt anyone knows.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Marriott Platinum
Hit 1 million last night. Took me 8 years, 4 months, and 9 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.