Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantage® Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Gold® status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Platinum® status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American Eagle® or the AmericanConnection®

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
Thank you! It was very exciting seeing this today:

Congrats! May your next 23 years go just as quickly!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're really burning the miles too! That's the best way. Don't hoard!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by CMK10
Thank you! It was very exciting seeing this today:
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Congrats! May your next 23 years go just as quickly!
Originally Posted by josephstern
"Big wheel keep on turnin',
FlyerTalker keep on burnin'"
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by josephstern
Thanks! I usually have a target trip in mind and as soon as I get to that number, I redeam. I've been through too many devaluations where waiting cost me to ever "save" long term again.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: AAEXP, 1 MM
Is there a CC that will count towards MM other than BIS miles ?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by Mstogo
Is there a CC that will count towards MM other than BIS miles ?
Not any longer; there was a temporary deal after they changed to BIS-only, but it ran through the end of um, 2012? quite a while ago at any rate.

At least OW partner flights and codeshares count!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by nkedel
Not any longer; there was a temporary deal after they changed to BIS-only, but it ran through the end of um, 2012? quite a while ago at any rate.

At least OW partner flights and codeshares count!
we should cherish this. On the UA side, only UA BIS miles count #booo
Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:33 am

Wooo Hooo.. Made my 1000000 miles, took 20yrs but pushed over the line
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LouBNYC
Wooo Hooo.. Made my 1000000 miles, took 20yrs but pushed over the line
Congrats! 50K a year isn't a small amount of flying!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Just made Lifetime PLT, the SWU's showed up a day later
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:18 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fotographer
Just made Lifetime PLT, the SWU's showed up a day later
Hey Congrats! It's quite an achievement in this day and age.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Congratulations to new MM threshold crossing members!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: AA-ex EXP, PLT, LTG, MVP-Gold, UA-Silver, SPG-LTG, PLT, HH-D, Hyatt-D,
Joined AA on May 15, 2005, Hit my first million on November 1, 2009 (did a lot of international flying)

Struggling since then to get to the 2 Million mark.. in the last 6 years , just managed 586k, will take me at least 4 years to get to 2 Million, and by that time I bet the program will no longer have LT Plat status and SWU and all that good stuff (:
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rafernandes
Joined AA on May 15, 2005, Hit my first million on November 1, 2009 (did a lot of international flying)

Struggling since then to get to the 2 Million mark.. in the last 6 years , just managed 586k, will take me at least 4 years to get to 2 Million, and by that time I bet the program will no longer have LT Plat status and SWU and all that good stuff (:
It's much likelier that neither you nor I got that first million by "lots of international flying"; we got it because AA's liberal policy at the time (ended 01 Dec 2011) counted every mile from any and every source (even my 500,000+ Aviator miles from TWA) as million miler qualifying miles.

Like you, I'm near the half-million mark toward my next threshold - I may or not make it, and two SWU just won't actually make my day if I do. If it takes you four years, you'll very likely get Lifetime Platinum, and you will be justifiably proud you did so "the hard way".

If they were going to eliminate the MM program, the ideal time to do so would have been earlier this year. It's a trivial cost to AA, yet provides them easy cachet and buzz - and a claim they treat their "loyal" customers with lifetime recognition, much like the other guys (even if AA don't provide any lifetime benefit beyond Platinum whilst the other two big ones do, iirc). Killing the MM program in the future will bring hordes of bloggers like hungry vultures to a kill and u,timately generate negative pufflicity AA don't want.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JDiver
It's much likelier that neither you nor I got that first million by "lots of international flying"; we got it because AA's liberal policy at the time (ended 01 Dec 2011) counted every mile from any and every source (even my 500,000+ Aviator miles from TWA) as million miler qualifying miles.
So very true. I im closing in on 650,000 MM miles, while my program to date miles just past 1.8M. So forgive me if I dont celebrate with everyone else as there's probably no one on here that's come close to hitting the 1MM mark since the program reset the "hard way".

So Im going to cross the threshold in 3 years with probably 3M total miles. Maybe I'll hit PLT in 13-14 years and 6-7M miles. Yuck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.