Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantageŽ Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage GoldŽ status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage PlatinumŽ status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American EagleŽ or the AmericanConnectionŽ

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

• Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

• ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

• Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Harveynics
My trip this week from JFK to LAX netted me lifetime FLYING miles of 3,000,171. AA already posted 4 SWU into my account. I think when I hit 2M I only got two. I don't think they do anything else anymore since I'm already lifetime Plat...unless Dougie goes changing things LOL!!!
Congratulations!

We've merged your post into the appropriate thread for this.

/Moderator
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Originally Posted by nyc2socal
Crossed 1MM a couple of weeks ago. 35k miles posted the next day as "MILLION MILER BONUS" - same time as my flight miles. Received a Congratulations email a week later..
In case someone is wondering about the timing of the luggage tags/card; I received my luggage tags and card with the million miler indication just under 4 weeks from attainment.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Talking OT

Just wanted to say that the a few weeks ago, saw a middle aged lady with 7MM on her AA tags in AUS.. was in the same lift with her on the way to the Admirals Club.. did not bother to strike a conversation on that..but impressed with it..
First time seeing such a high number.. guess it was before they only took BIS miles only.

Cheers!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Just wanted to say that the a few weeks ago, saw a middle aged lady with 7MM on her AA tags in AUS.. was in the same lift with her on the way to the Admirals Club.. did not bother to strike a conversation on that..but impressed with it..
First time seeing such a high number..
There are a great deal of them higher and much higher. A few years ago they threw a series of parties for 10MM members, and many in excess of that.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post14784925

http://www.travelingbetter.com/showthread.php?t=4615
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
I had my first flight on American after a cancelled SEA-DTW-IND on Northwest back in April 2, 2005, and didn't switch over to American until the fall of 2008. In between then and now, I had eighteen months where I personally grounded myself for personel reasons (relationship), and then was stuck flying on United for ten months (most painful flying of my life).

I got my millionth mile on a EWR-DFW run, and the totals were:
1,001,888 for the new program
1,457,254 per the old program

If I only had known the future, I wouldn't have hedged bets with 100K on Continental in 2008-2010, and I would have kept all my purchases on the AA Exec card ... but cest la vie no....

+-ADT
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
I'll take it. Oddly, it was in fact deemed "Million Miler Bonus" was was retro-dated to late last year. In other word, it just posted but with a 2013 date (and I didn't cross any thresholds in 2013).
This sounds like an error. You should cause AAdvantage Customer Service so they can fix this. After all, we would all complain if they incorrectly subtracted 35K miles.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA PRO
I don't know if this is exactly the right forum to post this question to but it seems a logical choice:
Is there a way to audit / cross check the BIS miles that are posted to the MM tally?
The reason I ask is that I flew a three segment itinerary the other day, AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD. All three of the segments posted towards this year's EQM activity, as did the bonus RDMs. However, when I look at the MM activity category, only BBB-CCC and CCC-DDD have posted, thereby shorting me the BIS miles for AAA-BBB.

I know this could be fixed with an email to AAdvantage customer service, but it has left me wondering if it has happened before and how to (or if I can) fix it.

I am relatively new to AA, so all the post Dec 2011 rules apply to me.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just wanted to confirm that my understanding of SWU expiry is correct (I found a reference to this by BRP in an older thread so am checking that this still holds):

If I cross a MM threshold in June 2015, my understanding is that the SWUs I earn would not expire until end Feb 2017 - is this correct or do I need to delay crossing the MM threshold to July 2015 onwards to get the longer expiry SWUS? TIA
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Thanks to some well-timed MRs over the past 2 years, merger with US, I passed the 2 MM threshold on Nov 2, took one week for the 4 SWUs to end up in my account.

As my MR days are now over, I do not expect to fly enough ever again to earn EXP, I decided to exercise my one-time status AS match, took 4 days for approval for MVP Gold 75k.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diver858
Thanks to some well-timed MRs over the past 2 years, merger with US, I passed the 2 MM threshold on Nov 2, took one week for the 4 SWUs to end up in my account.

As my MR days are now over, I do not expect to fly enough ever again to earn EXP, I decided to exercise my one-time status AS match, took 4 days for approval for MVP Gold 75k.
I don't understand - your MM miles from US have merged with your AA miles? Or you just got over the hurdle on US flights?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't understand - your MM miles from US have merged with your AA miles? Or you just got over the hurdle on US flights?
Definitely not the former.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by josephstern
Just got over the hurdle on US flights.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:10 pm

Just made lifetime gold

How exciting - just made lifetime gold 975000 were BIS. The balance was from opening a CC.

I was number one on the upgrade list on flight 2437 ATL-LAX with one seat open 4/25/15
I'm thinking great, lifetime gold and I get to celebrate in first.
That did not last long - someone else got the seat
And boy those new planes are nice but there is no cushion on the bottom of the seat - I sat on my jacket which still didn't help

And wouldn't it be nice if when meeting some threshold like this a simple thank you like they do with a note on your seat on UA ? Just a thought

Would someone be kind enough and see if this "non" upgrade was done legitimately?

Thanks so much
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Plato1
How exciting - just made lifetime gold 975000 were BIS. The balance was from opening a CC.

I was number one on the upgrade list on flight 2437 ATL-LAX with one seat open 4/25/15
I'm thinking great, lifetime gold and I get to celebrate in first.
That did not last long - someone else got the seat
And boy those new planes are nice but there is no cushion on the bottom of the seat - I sat on my jacket which still didn't help

And wouldn't it be nice if when meeting some threshold like this a simple thank you like they do with a note on your seat on UA ? Just a thought

Would someone be kind enough and see if this "non" upgrade was done legitimately?

Thanks so much
So you flew 975k miles in 3 years???

Only way you could possibly know that you did 975k BIS and just barely cross 1MM now.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:23 pm

No . All my years flying combined made lifetime gold, I only had one credit card that was opened maybe two years ago that gave me a bonus . I use my Amex for most of my charges so practically nothing charged on that card went to my lifetime miles except the opening credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.