Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantageŽ Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage GoldŽ status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage PlatinumŽ status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American EagleŽ or the AmericanConnectionŽ

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

• Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

• ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

• Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:17 pm

I crossed 2MM yesterday with only 1.3M in my Million Miler Balance (most are COS bonuses). To my surprise, a 35K bonus was deposited into my account. I assumed that the bonuses were triggered by Million Miler levels, not program levels. Am I incorrect (apparently!)?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
I crossed 2MM yesterday with only 1.3M in my Million Miler Balance (most are COS bonuses). To my surprise, a 35K bonus was deposited into my account. I assumed that the bonuses were triggered by Million Miler levels, not program levels. Am I incorrect (apparently!)?
I passed one million miles in mid-February and am still waiting for my miles.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:37 pm
Suspended

If Im reading right, that definitely sounds like a glitch-- an interesting one at that! the 35K is labeled as a million mile bonus??
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by JonNYC
If Im reading right, that definitely sounds like a glitch-- an interesting one at that! the 35K is labeled as a million mile bonus??
It was undoubtedly my 35k miles incorrectly posted to billycwhatup's account.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
I crossed 2MM Program to date sometime in the past month (with only 1.75M in my Milion miler balance -- I got on the credit card bandwagon late), but got squat. Guess you're lucky!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:27 pm

I'll take it. Oddly, it was in fact deemed "Million Miler Bonus" was was retro-dated to late last year. In other word, it just posted but with a 2013 date (and I didn't cross any thresholds in 2013).
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll take it. Oddly, it was in fact deemed "Million Miler Bonus" was was retro-dated to late last year. In other word, it just posted but with a 2013 date (and I didn't cross any thresholds in 2013).
Any chance that your AA + US lifetime miles hit a milestone together? I'm wondering if this might be some result of some very early integration testing.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:19 pm

Good thought, but no.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM
Made it a few weeks ago!

Had some fun with the FAs. I was in 6B on a 757 to SFO. Let them know when I got my PDBev that I was gonna get 2mil with them. She joked "This isn't like Up In the Air. The Pilot won't come shake your hand". lol.

Well, midflight I get a tap on the shoulder and it's the Pilot. "I hear you're the 2 million mile man". Ha! Had a bit of chat and we thanked each other for what do.

I had to tweet that. I'm guessing someone saw that....SFO AC had a present waiting for me and signed card at the gate! Honestly I was pretty touched.

What was funny was everyone staring at me on the plane trying to figure out who the hell I was. I didn't think much of it at the time but it's pretty rare you see the pilot anymore unless he's making a quick trip to the lav. Couple people stopped me in the terminal to ask who I was. I said "I'm nobody..trust me"

super awesome bit of fun, have to hand it to AA they really did well...sometimes it's the small stuff that make a big impact.

anyways, glad I made it before any changes were made. I hope I get my new tags. I have to admit I love that little 1million logo on my luggage tags. can't wait to see the "2" on there
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: AA (ExecPlat, >2MM), United (Gold, >1 MM), HH (Diamond), SPG (Gold), Accorhotels (Gold)
Just made Lifetime PLT and got my 4 extra systemwide upgrades. I'll need them.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Crossed 1MM a couple of weeks ago. 35k miles posted the next day as "MILLION MILER BONUS" - same time as my flight miles. Received a Congratulations email a week later..
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 3MMiler
Just hit 3M miles!!

My trip this week from JFK to LAX netted me lifetime FLYING miles of 3,000,171. AA already posted 4 SWU into my account. I think when I hit 2M I only got two. I don't think they do anything else anymore since I'm already lifetime Plat...unless Dougie goes changing things LOL!!!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Congratulations! Time to take a trip to celebrate!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Only 7 million more to go!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Harveynics
My trip this week from JFK to LAX netted me lifetime FLYING miles of 3,000,171. AA already posted 4 SWU into my account. I think when I hit 2M I only got two. I don't think they do anything else anymore since I'm already lifetime Plat...unless Dougie goes changing things LOL!!!
- Congratulations! For many years AA was posting 4 SWU when crossing 2M and any additional million miles thereafter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.