Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantageŽ Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage GoldŽ status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage PlatinumŽ status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World Elite™ MasterCardŽ credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American EagleŽ or the AmericanConnectionŽ

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

• Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

• ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

• Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by NiceLanding
Why? The creation of a 75k tier is not going to make it any easier for people to reach 100k than it is now.
I think some people have this idea that moving the top tier to 125k or 150k will significantly reduce the number of people at that top tier.

I, on the other hand, think it will just cause more status runs and thus dilute the upgrade pool a little further.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
A bit disappointed...

All of that money spent on rebranding and when my 2MM embossed EXP card and luggage tags showed up, they're the old branding.

Hell, there's even a pic of the new tags on the AAdvantage home page with the tag line, "A New Look For Loyalty"

https://www.aa.com/AAdvantage/aadvan...false&from=Nav
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Finally LT PLT.
I didn't think I would make 2MM in my life as I lived outside of USA.
It took 10+ years to make LT GLD for me but it took only 2+ years to get another 1MM.
I believe I will not achieve the 3MM in my life though.

I got an email below, any wording changes?

Dear supergrandslam,

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think earning 2,000,000 AAdvantageŽ miles is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

To recognize this important milestone, you will soon receive a new membership card with the distinctive multi-Million MilerSM emblem that indicates your 2,000,000 mile achievement. And as a special thank you for your loyalty, we have deposited four one-way Systemwide Upgrades into your upgrade account. Systemwide Upgrades allow you to confirm an available seat in the next class of service at time of booking (subject to availability) when you are flying around the world on virtually all revenue tickets on American Airlines. Visit aa.com/systemwideupgrades for complete details.

Plus, your multi-Million Miler status includes AAdvantage PlatinumŽ membership for the lifetime of that program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity. Of course, if you meet the criteria for a higher elite level, you will be recognized at the higher level.

The special recognition and benefits we offer to our multi-Million Miler members is our way of saying thank you for all of your loyalty. In fact, thanks a million!

Yours truly,

Suzanne L. Rubin
President
AAdvantageŽ Loyalty Program
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Million Miler Balance** 1,000,425

Hope LTG remains useful... There is no way I will see LTP.

Interestingly, HKG-PER in 2011 was 3789 miles This year 3732...
I didn't think continents moved that quickly.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Got my new AA Gold Luggage Tags for next year, so 2014 looks good..
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
As of last night:

Million Miler Balance** 2,001,281

Instead of balloons and champagne, I arrived at HNL 3 1/2 hours late, with a missed connection to Hilo, a free stay in an airport hotel and a $7 breakfast voucher!
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Yeah! Miles posted from my last trip! 2,012,565 miles!

Oh wait, 'Program To Date' miles...doh!

Million Miler Balance: 1,850,088
Old May 1, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Just got to 2,000,724 yesterday. 4 SWUs posted today, expiring Feb 28th 2015.

No congratulatory e-mail yet though..
Old May 1, 2013, 11:57 am

I hit a million on a delayed late night flight Monday, finally posted ^

Million Milersm Balance** 1,001,XXX

Sadly, I'm almost to 1.8 million lifetime miles, and I doubt I'll ever get to lifetime plat. (And even if I do, by then they'll probably have introduced the new 75k level with a 3MM matching lifetime level.)

Anyway, how soon can I expect my 35k bonus miles to post? And does it indicate anywhere in your account you are lifetime gold?
Old May 1, 2013, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by nall
I hit a million on a delayed late night flight Monday, finally posted ^

Million Milersm Balance** 1,001,XXX

Sadly, I'm almost to 1.8 million lifetime miles, and I doubt I'll ever get to lifetime plat. (And even if I do, by then they'll probably have introduced the new 75k level with a 3MM matching lifetime level.)

Anyway, how soon can I expect my 35k bonus miles to post? And does it indicate anywhere in your account you are lifetime gold?
How can you get 1.8MM when your MM balance is 1.001MM? You meant 1.8MM Program To Date Miles, right?
Old May 1, 2013, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
How can you get 1.8MM when your MM balance is 1.001MM? You meant 1.8MM Program To Date Miles, right?
Yes, 1.001 "million miler" miles, 1.8 million "to date" (all) miles.
Old May 1, 2013, 4:21 pm

Yes, 1.001 "million miler" miles, 1.8 million "to date" (all) miles.
You must have flown a lot especially after the close out of the old generous MM program. I am on a similar boat as yours. Some of my flights have not been posted yet, but I would hit 1MM next year. Hopefully the new AAdvantage would allow one time grandfathering all the miles to be counted as LT before the new program kicked in. If not, we still have 10 years to go!
Old May 1, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM

...And does it indicate anywhere in your account you are lifetime gold?
You go your account. Look at 'Mileage Activity'. Click the 'Million Miler Miles' radio button...and... Voila! 'Million Miler Level' is displayed, and you should see a '1' in a circle, with the word 'million' underneath.

Underneath that it tells you the date on which you achieved it.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:54 pm

Million miler bonus showed up 24 hours later, for anyone so interested.
Old May 2, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
You must have flown a lot especially after the close out of the old generous MM program. I am on a similar boat as yours. Some of my flights have not been posted yet, but I would hit 1MM next year. Hopefully the new AAdvantage would allow one time grandfathering all the miles to be counted as LT before the new program kicked in. If not, we still have 10 years to go!
Recent credit for flight mileage would be the last thing that I suspect caused nall to have 1.0 million miles in the MM program and 1.8 million lifetime miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.