FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1287675-made-lifetime-gold-platinum-new-million-miler-program-1-dec-2011-a.html)

JDiver Dec 4, 2011 9:36 pm

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

This new thread provides a place for those who have gained American Airlines AAdvantageŽ new Million Miler status under the new program as described below to share, shout and brag. (Members will undoubtedly be making the status on the basis of base miles combined with the Million Miler status recorded when the program changed, as well as miles earned through spending with Citi Executive(SM) / AAdvantageŽ World Elite(TM) MasterCardŽ credit card through December 2012, for some time to come.)

The previous thread, which covers those who earned lifetime status under the old, pre-1 Dec 2011 undocumented million miler - lifetime status program, is Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! 1 - 2 million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011).

For further details be sure to consult the thread mentioned above; if you have crossed a Million Miler threshold as of 1 Dec 2011, jump up on your virtual soap box and tell us about it here.

pedropescador Dec 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Million Miler Balance ** 4,001,718

oldpenny16 Dec 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks JDiver, but I'm really sorry to see 'my' old thread go into history.

Good luck to all on the new hunt for status!

I have about 30 RT's to go to get lifetime PLAT. Not impossible and should take 2+ years.

freeupgrade Dec 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by pedropescador (Post 17602384)
Million Miler Balance ** 4,001,718

Congratulations! I am very impressed - this is a tough level to achieve.

I am at 3.5M - it will take me at least 5 years to get there. The problem is that each year, the older I get, the harder it is to do..:)

mhariton Dec 10, 2011 4:45 pm

got my 2 mm miles, my executive platinum today in the same flight

Today I got my 2 miilion miles and my executive platinum in the same flight.

Now need to work for next year flight schedule ;)

brp Dec 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by mhariton (Post 17602959)

Sorry to hear about the timing :(

Had you waited until January to get to 2MM, the SWUs would have 1 year more of life. Unless, of course, you have immediate need of them.

Cheers.

Jacobin777 Dec 10, 2011 5:37 pm

What's going to be interesting is not people who cross some million mile threshold from say 1.99 million to 2 million but from say 1.00 million to 2.00 million, etc. I don't think there will be as many as there used to be (obviously)....will be interesting to see how this thread pans out the next 3-5 years.

Stripy Dec 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jacobin777 (Post 17603096)
What's going to be interesting is not people who cross some million mile threshold from say 1.99 million to 2 million but from say 1.00 million to 2.00 million, etc. I don't think there will be as many as there used to be (obviously)....will be interesting to see how this thread pans out the next 3-5 years.

Agreed. I suspect we'll still see quite a few postings over the next 12 months thanks to people who've been racking up the miles in anticipation of the changeover...but I would expect to see a noticeable slowing of postings after that.

TheBOSman Dec 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jacobin777 (Post 17603096)

Indeed. Even someone flying a very solid, say, 150,000 miles BIS a year will take almost 7 years to advance from 1 million to 2 million. I'm at around 7600 myself (yes four digits, I'm very early in my flying lifetime), don't even want to think of how long it will take me to get to LT Gold!

pedropescador Dec 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by freeupgrade (Post 17602767)
Congratulations! I am very impressed - this is a tough level to achieve.

I am at 3.5M - it will take me at least 5 years to get there. The problem is that each year, the older I get, the harder it is to do..:)

Have been flying with mostly AA since 1985. Many years as Plat and for a few years now as Ex. Plat. Flying in front of the plane sure makes it much easier to travel all those miles.

ScreenGuy Dec 11, 2011 2:45 am

Originally Posted by mhariton (Post 17602959)

Now need to work for next year flight schedule ;)

Originally Posted by brp (Post 17602986)
Sorry to hear about the timing :(

Had you waited until January to get to 2MM, the SWUs would have 1 year more of life. Unless, of course, you have immediate need of them.

Cheers.

Obviously it is better to make EXP for next year and to cross 2m than to defer hitting 2m until next year but not make EXP. Hopefully those extra SWUs can be used to help you retain EXP!

Jacobin777 Dec 11, 2011 11:19 am

Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark (Post 17603162)
Agreed. I suspect we'll still see quite a few postings over the next 12 months thanks to people who've been racking up the miles in anticipation of the changeover...but I would expect to see a noticeable slowing of postings after that.

I should have added that myself. I'm @ 955K miles so when I hopefully re-qualify for PL for 2013 I'll be hitting lifetime LT Gold as well. LT Platinum though might take a while...:td::(

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 17603171)
Indeed. Even someone flying a very solid, say, 150,000 miles BIS a year will take almost 7 years to advance from 1 million to 2 million. I'm at around 7600 myself (yes four digits, I'm very early in my flying lifetime), don't even want to think of how long it will take me to get to LT Gold!

Good luck!^ Even though you have a long way to go, as you stated, you are very early and fortunately have the resources of Flyertalk to get you to LT status as quick as possible. :)

FullCircleRainbow Dec 11, 2011 1:36 pm

1 million to 2 Million

Made LT Gold in June and LT Platinum on Nov 16 (Just made it in time) thanks to Starwood Starpoint conversion at 1.25 Miles/Point!!:D

shaown Dec 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Finally - made 1M in 06 - and figured it would take me about 7-8 years to make to 2M - but I manage to accelerate quite a bit when I heard about the rules changes (230k from Bonus miles from 4 AA CC in last 8 months + 50k or so in purchased and 50k transferred from Starwood).
Was hoping to defer the SWUs until Jan 1 - but an unexpected mile bonus posted in Nov - and left me only 700 miles short - and my aa exec card miles pushed me u.

Million Miler Balance ** 2,000,421
Program to Date Miles 2,002,928

As of today :)

BTW - I still think my biggest unexpected boost was back in 02/03 ish when I was exchanging upgrades for 2500 miles per upgrade - was basically giving me the equivalent of triple miles. I Was sad when that ended - the current exchange rate sucks

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/1401367-post32.html

steve32 Dec 12, 2011 1:26 pm

I only just crossed 400k BIS miles on all airlines, both paid and awards, two and a half years after I earned 2MM on the old rules.

I am very glad I pushed and earned the 2MM between Jan 2006 and May 2009.

Steve32 :cool: