Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program!
(or crossed another million mile threshold- program since 01 Dec 2011)

Congratulations to our new Lifetime Gold and Platinum members!

AAdvantage® Million MilerSM program, a summary:

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, base miles earned by flying on AA, its affiliate carriers* or any eligible AAdvantage program participating airline will count towards Million Miler status. (Mileage minimum guarantees do not count, nor do class of service, etc. bonus miles.)

. . . • Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account holders spending $40,000 in one calendar year will earn 10,000 EQ Miles*.

. . . •

AAdvantage Members will enjoy the following benefits when Million Miler status is reached:

. . . • At one million (1,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Gold® status and 35,000 AAdvantage bonus miles**

. . . • At two million (2,000,000) Million Miler miles, AAdvantage members will receive lifetime AAdvantage Platinum® status and four (4) one-way systemwide upgrades

. . . • At each additional Million Miler mark, AAdvantage members will receive four (4) additional one-way systemwide upgrades. (No additional status is earned.)

. . . • All members' beginning Million Miler balance on 1 Dec 2011 included every AAdvantage mile ever earned in the program.

. . . • As of 1 Dec 2011, Million Miler activity is displayed in your AAdvantage account on AA.com separately from award miles.

*One mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using the new Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card that posted to billing statements through December 2012 counted toward Million Miler status*. The Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® World Elite™ MasterCard® credit card account had to have been open and in good standing by December 1, 2011.

**American Eagle® or the AmericanConnection®

See How American AAdvantage Turned Its Back On Lifetime Elite Customers in 2017 by Gary Leff on May 17, 2017

The other active and archived threads discussing the American Airlines AAdvantage Million Miler Program are:

Wiki: AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011.

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE
Print Wikipost

Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2020, 4:37 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Antarius
Congrats!

How long did it take? I'm at 800 something thousand in 8 years. It's a real grind.
Just over 15 years
Antarius and robertablake like this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Hit my first Million Miler this weekend. Yeah, I know it is not all that exciting these days, but hey I did it in the air. Hit the final little bit with a short hop from MCO-CLT. Yay! I wanted a special drink to celebrate so I brought my own stuff to make a Manhattan. Gave it to the FA and he simply said "I won't say anything if you don't - would you like a glass with ice?".
Nice, I am 9,350 miles away from the 2m mile mark. I have been taking advantage of the CC spend. The double miles promotion on flights for a couple of flight has helped as well. I will curb my CC spending on my AAdvantage card once I get within ~1,000 miles. I want to hit the 2m mile mark on a flight next year.

Interesting, I received a call yesterday from an AA rep to inform me how close I was to the 2m mark, discuss the benefits, and encourage me to hit it through more CC spend and flying. I let her know I was well aware of the situation, but appreciated her call anyways.
Antarius and fotographer like this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
Not for a few years now. It's no longer available on the app or website sadly.
​​​​​
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I see my "Million miler" balance on the app.
Originally Posted by jcatman
Can you see your "program-to-date" balance? That is ptsailor's query.
Yes, it states my "program-to-date" balance (since 1989) labelled as my "Million miler" balance. I have the Android app.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: 1MM AA - finally
I finally made it to 1 Million Miles.

Woo hoo!
Antarius and robertablake like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
​​​​​Yes, it states my "program-to-date" balance (since 1989) labelled as my "Million miler" balance. I have the Android app.
Not to beat a dead horse but Million Miler Balance and program-to-date miles are two different numbers. They would have been the same up until AA stopped counting all earned miles as MM miles. The "program" in program-to-date refers to the AAdvantage program not the Million Miler program. When AA stopped showing them separately in 2016, mine had already diverged by more than half a million miles.

Congrats to the recent graduates Even with a little help from CC spend I am still at least a year away.
SPN Lifer and robertablake like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 8:21 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
I am just working for the 4 system upgrades. I'm at 3,789,976 on AA. Member since March 2, 1993. Actively flying AA starting with the CC offer in May, which makes the next threshold within reach. 56 domestic segments so far this year. What complicates things is I am also working for the 4 system upgrades with Delta, currently clocking 1,862,712 miles and 83 segments this year. Hoping to get both 2mm on DL (lifetime Gold) and 4mm on AA maybe on the same day late next year or early 2022. Congrats to all those that achieved lifetime status.
SPN Lifer and robertablake like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 7:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Hit my first Million Miler this weekend. Yeah, I know it is not all that exciting these days, but hey I did it in the air. Hit the final little bit with a short hop from MCO-CLT. Yay! I wanted a special drink to celebrate so I brought my own stuff to make a Manhattan. Gave it to the FA and he simply said "I won't say anything if you don't - would you like a glass with ice?".
I wouldn't say it's not all that exciting these days. If anything with how little there is to enjoy about COVID era travels it's more exciting because at least it's a positive. Congratulations.
SPN Lifer and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Well, another ~5K miles just posted into my account an hour ago, and it has just put me over 2,000,100 miles.

Honestly got most of the way here with old program rules, and then it's been a long 9 years waiting for a credit card promotion like they're running now to help me get over the line.

Strange to hit the 2MM mark during a year in which I haven't travelled at all. Not 1 EQM this year.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:14 pm

Just hit the 2 million miles mark on a flight from CLT-SFO today. The credit card spend promotion last year helped. Before Covid, I was on track to get to 2m miles this past January, than all my Tokyo flights got cancelled with the pandemic. I am happy to get the lifetime Platinum as I head into retirement.

Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by robertablake
Just hit the 2 million miles mark on a flight from CLT-SFO today. The credit card spend promotion last year helped. Before Covid, I was on track to get to 2m miles this past January, than all my Tokyo flights got cancelled with the pandemic. I am happy to get the lifetime Platinum as I head into retirement.
Congratulations. That's a huge milestone especially these days.
robertablake likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
1,000,000 and 1,000,000

A little numerical coincidence occurred last night flying DFW-LAX. I crossed one million lifetime miles and also crossed one million redeemable miles in my account.

Prior to the flight I was at 999,859 RDMs and 999,251 lifetime miles. I earned 451 redeemable miles for the flight segment, so that pushed the RDM total across 1,000,000 (it's part of a larger trip that I snagged for a very low price before all the revenge travel buying ramped up). Then AA added the 35k RDM bonus for crossing one million.

I know that hitting a million redeemable miles doesn't have any particular meaning, but it was truly a coincidence as I haven't redeemed any miles at all since early 2020. I didn't manipulate anything to make this happen.

And yes, I know that sitting on a million RDMs is not a particularly good strategy. I just don't have a good use for them lately...
Old Aug 20, 2021, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
A little numerical coincidence occurred last night flying DFW-LAX. I crossed one million lifetime miles and also crossed one million redeemable miles in my account.

Prior to the flight I was at 999,859 RDMs and 999,251 lifetime miles. I earned 451 redeemable miles for the flight segment, so that pushed the RDM total across 1,000,000 (it's part of a larger trip that I snagged for a great price before all the revenge travel buying ramped up). Then AA added the 35k RDM bonus for crossing one million.

I know that the redeemable miles bit doesn't have any particular meaning, but it was truly a coincidence as I haven't redeemed any miles at all since early 2020. I didn't manipulate anything to make this happen.

And yes, I know that sitting on a million RDMs is not a particularly good strategy. I just don't have a good use for them lately...
Congratulations.

I was surprised that there was absolutely zero acknowledgement from AA when I cross the 2M mile mark. I recalled years ago receiving luggage tags, which I still have, when I crossed the 1M mark. Let us know if you receive any kind of acknowledgement from AA from your 1M & lifetime Gold achievement.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
I made a push to hit 1M several years ago before they made it tougher. Since then I've become a free agent though I have a mild preference for AA. Now at 1.3M and it would take forever to get to 2M so I won't bother. They drove me away.
wandering_fred likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I've got 3 MM for the same reason, and not worried about it. I did switch my CC earning to a cashback card a year or two ago as I didn't need any more AA miles. Now i am back to the AA CC just through to $15k in spend this summer to renew Plt Pro. I haven't ben on a plane since Jan 2020.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by robertablake
Congratulations.

I was surprised that there was absolutely zero acknowledgement from AA when I cross the 2M mile mark. I recalled years ago receiving luggage tags, which I still have, when I crossed the 1M mark. Let us know if you receive any kind of acknowledgement from AA from your 1M & lifetime Gold achievement.
About 48 hours after crossing 1MM AA sent me an email:

Congratulations on earning 1,000,000 miles and becoming an American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold Million Miler℠ member. We've added 35,000 bonus miles into your account to celebrate and welcome you to this exclusive family of flyers.

You're now an AAdvantage Gold member for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Gold program. Of course, if you earn a higher AAdvantage status, you'll be recognized at that level.

Your exclusive Million Miler luggage tags will arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. Download the American Airlines app for your digital membership card.

Our online interactive guide will let you explore your benefits that will have you flying above the clouds…literally.
So it appears that I'll be getting some luggage tags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.