Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2013, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FRA / Frankfurt International Airport JL First Class and Sakura Lounges
American Airlines premium flyers and Admirals Club Members

Link to FRA airport information on aa.com.

Link to FRA airport web site.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

JL First and Sakura Business Class Lounges

LOCATION: Terminal 2, Hall D Level 3, between departure gates D4 and D5A. This lounge has restrictions for access; the Sakura Lounge is BEFORE security[/B]; you must process security to board, so give yourself time - and note, you can not process security more than two hours prior to scheduled departure. (The landside FRA Admirals Club closed 31 Mar 2011.) Please read Note.

HOURS: Please see here.

AMENITIES: Please see here. "Business lounge is quiet, offers all admitted tarmac views, Ethernet connections, separate smoking room, self-service bar and snacks, washrooms, as supergrandslam reports two showers (small, no toilet) and can get crowded."

NOTE:

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club membership
At this time, JL only allows ticketed JL First Class passengers into the First lounge (not Emeralds unless ticketed in F) and has limited hours. Additionally, Admirals Club members have access to Sakura Lounge as follows:

"Admirals Club member (annual paid or Citi Executive card) plus two guests or immediate family. Must present boarding pass and Admirals Club membership card for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*. Not valid for arriving guests."
Other oneworld lounges in FRA are airside / past security, (member nldogbert states this will require using the interterminal train, but one remains airside) as follows:

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, Level 3 after the security checkpoint, opposite Gate E 7

Hours: Daily 06:00-14:00

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Food and drinks
  • Printing
  • TVs
  • Showers
Iberia Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, opposite to gate D 26/27, after security, in the
Schengen area (no passport control) (see zski1's post below)

Hours: Daily 06:00-20:15

Eligibility: oneworld partners (American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN Chile, Quantas, Royal Jordanian), Aer Lingus, Icelandair, TAP, SATA (sic)
See FRA/Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSING March 31 2011 (consolidated) thread.

Updated 15 Aug 2016 - JDiver

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: American Plat, Starwood Plat
I flew through Frankfurt today. my continuing flight was not on AA/OW. I have an admiral's club membership. I was under the impression that having the membership got me past various qualification rules, but apparently I was wrong since they didn't let me in. A shame since I had a 3 hour layover to a city not served by AA/OW.

Re-reading the rules, this appears to be what is listed on the admiral's club page.

Question: when will the new AA club be open? (and I assume these silly rules go away then?)
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by conroy
I flew through Frankfurt today. my continuing flight was not on AA/OW. I have an admiral's club membership. I was under the impression that having the membership got me past various qualification rules, but apparently I was wrong since they didn't let me in. A shame since I had a 3 hour layover to a city not served by AA/OW.

Re-reading the rules, this appears to be what is listed on the admiral's club page.

Question: when will the new AA club be open? (and I assume these silly rules go away then?)
What gives you the impression that a new AA club will be opening in FRA?

Regards
Old May 7, 2013, 3:42 pm

Has anyone tried using the JAL lounge as an arrivals lounge to get a quick shower upon landing in FRA?
Old May 7, 2013, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by jasman
Has anyone tried using the JAL lounge as an arrivals lounge to get a quick shower upon landing in FRA?
If you have an onward boarding pass for a OW flight, it's possible. Otherwise, they are unlikely to admit you. The CX lounge over in E will probably play out the same way.
Old May 7, 2013, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Admirals Club membership alone will not get us into the Sakura Lounge at FRA under the current agreement.

Originally Posted by aa.com
Admirals Club member plus two guests or immediate family. Must present boarding pass and Admirals Club membership card for same day travel on AA marketed and operated flight*. Not valid for arriving guests.
Originally Posted by conroy

Old May 7, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
What lounge does AA use for F class passengers on AA flight departing FRA? Same JAL business lounge?

Also - it is still possible to access JAL lounge on AA F arrival into FRA with connection to AB?

Last edited by cova; May 7, 2013 at 8:41 pm
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Spiff
If you have an onward boarding pass for a OW flight, it's possible. Otherwise, they are unlikely to admit you. The CX lounge over in E will probably play out the same way.
My connection is to HEL on AY (after arriving from DFW). I'm planning on using the CX Lounge for a shower during the layover, as the JAL Lounge doesn't even seem to have showers according to the OW lounge guide. I haven't transited through FRA for a couple of years so it'll be interesting how this plays out.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jun 22, 2013 at 11:21 am
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:48 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by cova
What lounge does AA use for F class passengers on AA flight departing FRA? Same JAL business lounge?

Also - it is still possible to access JAL lounge on AA F arrival into FRA with connection to AB?
Yes. The F side of the Sakura lounge is only open during the evening when the JL NRT flight operates.

Yes, your AB boarding pass will admit you.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

For those connecting onward to a oneworld flight, the JL Sakura lounge is accessible as long as you are in the terminal area for it. (It does have showers. (Modified with supergrandslam's information.)

Admirals Club members (either thirty day membership with receipt tendered as proof, or annual members with card) may access the Sakura Lounge - as long as they are departing on AA metal, regardless of cabin class, with up to two guests. A one day pass does not provide admission.

Admirals Club member plus two guests or immediate family. Must present boarding pass and Admirals Club membership card for same day travel on AA marketed and operated flight*. Not valid for arriving guests.
The Sakura Lounge is not available as an Arrivals Lounge if one is not continuing on as a oneworld operated flight passenger.

There will not be a new AA / Admirals Club at FRA.

Succinctly stated in the wikipost. Changes may be added to the wikipost by any signed in member.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 23, 2013 at 7:58 am Reason: update information on showers
Old Jun 22, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by JDiver
For those connecting onward to a oneworld flight, the JL Sakura lounge is accessible as long as you are in the terminal area for it. (It does not have showers - but the CX lounge does.)
Really? While I haven't used showers at FRA Sakura Lounge, I saw one or two shower rooms there before.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Reading upthread, some members have posted it does not (probably because they were using the Business lounge, available to oneworld Sapphires and Emeralds as well as Business ticketed oneworld passengers); the showers and spa seem to be in the First Lounge, which is only open late afternoons / evenings for JL departures, and is only available to passengers ticketed in First (not oneworld Emerald passengers who are not ticketed in First) according to the information available. But if you have other information, please be so kind as to update us and quote your sources.

(P.S. It appears the Sakura Business lounge does have showers, and it also appears who can use them will be posted soon. JD)

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
Really? While I haven't used showers at FRA Sakura Lounge, I saw one or two shower rooms there before.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 23, 2013 at 7:57 am Reason: add parenthetical
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:52 pm

Reading upthread, some members have posted it does not (probably because they were using the Business lounge, available to oneworld Sapphires and Emeralds as well as Business ticketed oneworld passengers); the showers and spa seem to be in the First Lounge, which is only open late afternoons / evenings for JL departures, and is only available to passengers ticketed in First (not oneworld Emerald passengers who are not ticketed in First) according to the information available. But if you have other information, please be so kind as to update us and quote your sources.
Which posts in this thread?

The shower rooms are physically located near rest rooms in the business lounge as I remember correctly.

I will try to check it out as I will visit there next weekend.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Great! That will add to the thread - and you can edit the wikipost as well.

I did read a report from at least one member no showers in the Sakura lounge - perhaps this thread, perhaps another. I hope it's incorrect.

Have a good trip. (I wonder if the water is still pretty high on the Rhine-Main?)

Which posts in this thread?

The shower rooms are physically located near rest rooms in the business lounge as I remember correctly.

I will try to check it out as I will visit there next weekend.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:57 pm

I did read a report from at least one member no showers in the Sakura lounge - perhaps this thread, perhaps another. I hope it's incorrect.
The reports you remember must have been posted before 2009/10.
Before JAL renovated their FRA lounge(~2009/10), there was no shower at JL FRA lounge.

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/200910/001343.html

Googled some JL flyers blogs and found the shower rooms are shared by F and J(C),i.e. no shower rooms in F lounge.

So it looks the shower rooms indeed exist in FRA Sakura lounge at least physically.

Of course,the real question is whether shabby non-JAL OW emeralds are allowed to use the showers or not, that I will try to check it out next weekend.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that! We'll look forward to your report on your return.

The reports you remember must have been posted before 2009/10.
Before JAL renovated their FRA lounge(~2009/10), there was no shower at JL FRA lounge.

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/200910/001343.html

Googled some JL flyers blogs and found the shower rooms are shared by F and J(C),i.e. no shower rooms in F lounge.

So it looks the shower rooms indeed exist in FRA Sakura lounge at least physically.

Of course,the real question is whether shabby non-JAL OW emeralds are allowed to use the showers or not, that I will try to check it out next weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.