Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2013, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FRA / Frankfurt International Airport JL First Class and Sakura Lounges
American Airlines premium flyers and Admirals Club Members

Link to FRA airport information on aa.com.

Link to FRA airport web site.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

JL First and Sakura Business Class Lounges

LOCATION: Terminal 2, Hall D Level 3, between departure gates D4 and D5A. This lounge has restrictions for access; the Sakura Lounge is BEFORE security[/B]; you must process security to board, so give yourself time - and note, you can not process security more than two hours prior to scheduled departure. (The landside FRA Admirals Club closed 31 Mar 2011.) Please read Note.

HOURS: Please see here.

AMENITIES: Please see here. "Business lounge is quiet, offers all admitted tarmac views, Ethernet connections, separate smoking room, self-service bar and snacks, washrooms, as supergrandslam reports two showers (small, no toilet) and can get crowded."

NOTE:

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club membership
At this time, JL only allows ticketed JL First Class passengers into the First lounge (not Emeralds unless ticketed in F) and has limited hours. Additionally, Admirals Club members have access to Sakura Lounge as follows:

"Admirals Club member (annual paid or Citi Executive card) plus two guests or immediate family. Must present boarding pass and Admirals Club membership card for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*. Not valid for arriving guests."
Other oneworld lounges in FRA are airside / past security, (member nldogbert states this will require using the interterminal train, but one remains airside) as follows:

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, Level 3 after the security checkpoint, opposite Gate E 7

Hours: Daily 06:00-14:00

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Food and drinks
  • Printing
  • TVs
  • Showers
Iberia Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, opposite to gate D 26/27, after security, in the
Schengen area (no passport control) (see zski1's post below)

Hours: Daily 06:00-20:15

Eligibility: oneworld partners (American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN Chile, Quantas, Royal Jordanian), Aer Lingus, Icelandair, TAP, SATA (sic)
See FRA/Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSING March 31 2011 (consolidated) thread.

Updated 15 Aug 2016 - JDiver

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
So it seems that if you're arriving in FRA you are SOL. That's some BS! Nice sham - there are no OW flights out of FRA to MUC!
Well I believe there are good train options which are AA coded on DB from FRA to just about anywhere in Germany. Not that it will help you but AA Germany even offers free rail to and from FRA when you book here..

http://www.americanairlines.de/intl/...railAndFly.jsp
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by execplatscum
Well I believe there are good train options which are AA coded on DB from FRA to just about anywhere in Germany. Not that it will help you but AA Germany even offers free rail to and from FRA when you book here..

http://www.americanairlines.de/intl/...railAndFly.jsp
Wow that's awesome!!! Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Well I was told by the agent they don't do this anymore. Was told to "try" and show my business class ticket at the rail desk once I land at the airport. Doesn't sound very convincing.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Current state of T2 Lounges - which one is the best to use?

Flying S7 in Business FRA-DME, OW Emerald. Looks like they normally depart from the E wing. Are the E and D wings within walking distance and can one walk freely between the two? I understand that both wings are after passport control. Its my understanding S7 uses Sky Lounge (former DL club), if I recall correctly, Sakura lounge is right next door, and then there is also a CX lounge somewhere.

I have been to Sky Lounge while it was still an actual Delta SkyClub and before generic rebranding. Wasn't impressed back then, doubtful its gotten better. Is Sakura my best best or should I try CX lounge? My flight departs at 14:50, would First section of Sakura be open by that time?

Thank you for your help
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
AA71 is delayed by 3 hours so it is nice to be able to sit in a lounge, have a drink or two or three, instead of hanging out at the gate. That said, I expect more of a lounge from an Asian airline like JAL, instead the Sakura lounge is like an AC with a brighter, oriental beige decor.

Food offering for the morning are some sandwiches and measly cold meat selection. Also extremely limited liquor selection.

I have yet to figure out where the First Class lounge is, but I believe it is not open until noon, at which time I have to board (even with the delay).

With the departing gate being D3, i might head over to the gate early and check out the CX lounge on the way....
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Frankfurt arrival lounge access

I did some searches but did not get my answer. Hope you can help. Flying DFW-FRA with a 3 1/2 hour layover before my Airberlin flight to Catania.

AA website indicates the Sakura lounge not available for arrivals.

I am flying 1st class into FRA but the connection on Airberlin only offers economy.

What are my lounge options, and thanks so much in advance!!!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:11 pm

I believe the Iberia lounge, which is what AB uses.

You will not be able to access the Exclusive Waiting Areas, if there are any (they are basically mini-lounges).

Last edited by will2288; Jan 24, 2013 at 2:03 pm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:46 pm

Thanks! Any other suggestions welcome!!!

cat
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:19 pm

Presumably you are on AA DFW to FRA which is 767 therefore does not have first class only business. Arrival lounge is non existent for OW flyers although I have heard that some folks have been successful getting into the Sakura lounge upon arrival.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by execplatscum
Presumably you are on AA DFW to FRA which is 767 therefore does not have first class only business. Arrival lounge is non existent for OW flyers although I have heard that some folks have been successful getting into the Sakura lounge upon arrival.
Why wouldn't the OP get into any OW lounge on the airside if arriving on a OW flight in J and continuing on a OW connecting flight?

Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may have access to a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.

Customers flying in Economy class on a domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling on the longhaul segment.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Why wouldn't the OP get into any OW lounge on the airside if arriving on a OW flight in J and continuing on a OW connecting flight?

Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may have access to a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.

Customers flying in Economy class on a domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling on the longhaul segment.
You are right... I was thinking Specifically about the OPs Arrivals Lounge Question but as they are continuing on another OW carrier it should work at either Sukura, IB and I believe there is a Cathay Lounge but when I last visited it was rather lame.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I read somewhere that DFW-FRA will be flying a 772 this summer. If that is true, First Class should be available on this flight, although it's been a few years since they flew the 772 on this route.

After arriving in FRA, you will have to go through passport control first if you are transferring to a Schengen country (e.g. Italy). I don't know if you will have access to JAL or CX lounges if you are going to be on a Schengen intra-European flight. My assumption is that those lounges are located in the non-Schengen areas.

Last edited by Time traveller; Jan 24, 2013 at 3:35 pm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller
I read somewhere that DFW-FRA will be flying a 772 this summer. If that is true, First Class should be available on this flight, although it's been a few years since they flew the 772 on this route.
Correct.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Time traveller
After arriving in FRA, you will have to go through passport control first if you are transferring to a Schengen country (e.g. Italy). I don't know if you will have access to JAL or CX lounges if you are going to be on a Schengen intra-European flight. My assumption is that those lounges are located in the non-Schengen areas.

Correct. The irony is that FRA does not isolate arriving from departing non-Schengen pax, so you will deplane into the departures concourse where you can walk right into the JAL or CX lounges if you wish and are able to access.

Indeed, these lounges are located in the no-man's-land beyond exit immigration, so if you are in the lounges as a passenger, you are legally outside the Schengen zone.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:31 pm

Thanks!!! Spent 62.5K for First Class and was hoping it would be a 772. The flights offered for 50K did not work for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.