Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2013, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FRA / Frankfurt International Airport JL First Class and Sakura Lounges
American Airlines premium flyers and Admirals Club Members

Link to FRA airport information on aa.com.

Link to FRA airport web site.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

JL First and Sakura Business Class Lounges

LOCATION: Terminal 2, Hall D Level 3, between departure gates D4 and D5A. This lounge has restrictions for access; the Sakura Lounge is BEFORE security[/B]; you must process security to board, so give yourself time - and note, you can not process security more than two hours prior to scheduled departure. (The landside FRA Admirals Club closed 31 Mar 2011.) Please read Note.

HOURS: Please see here.

AMENITIES: Please see here. "Business lounge is quiet, offers all admitted tarmac views, Ethernet connections, separate smoking room, self-service bar and snacks, washrooms, as supergrandslam reports two showers (small, no toilet) and can get crowded."

NOTE:

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club membership
At this time, JL only allows ticketed JL First Class passengers into the First lounge (not Emeralds unless ticketed in F) and has limited hours. Additionally, Admirals Club members have access to Sakura Lounge as follows:

"Admirals Club member (annual paid or Citi Executive card) plus two guests or immediate family. Must present boarding pass and Admirals Club membership card for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*. Not valid for arriving guests."
Other oneworld lounges in FRA are airside / past security, (member nldogbert states this will require using the interterminal train, but one remains airside) as follows:

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, Level 3 after the security checkpoint, opposite Gate E 7

Hours: Daily 06:00-14:00

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Food and drinks
  • Printing
  • TVs
  • Showers
Iberia Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, opposite to gate D 26/27, after security, in the
Schengen area (no passport control) (see zski1's post below)

Hours: Daily 06:00-20:15

Eligibility: oneworld partners (American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN Chile, Quantas, Royal Jordanian), Aer Lingus, Icelandair, TAP, SATA (sic)
See FRA/Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSING March 31 2011 (consolidated) thread.

Updated 15 Aug 2016 - JDiver

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Lookin4Points
A few weeks ago, I flew on AA in business from DFW to FRA. I had a connecting flight on Lufthansa. They did not let me enter the JAL lounge.
That is because the OneWorld entry criteria clearly states:

"Departing carrier - you must be flying on your next onward segment, on the same day, on a flight marketed and operated by a oneworld member airline..."

(full text at: http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...-access-policy)

That's not to say that no one has ever been allowed to access a OW lounge w/o meeting the criteria, but of course that would be an exception (aka "luck") and not the policy.

Regards
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
A few weeks ago, I flew on AA in business from DFW to FRA. I had a connecting flight on Lufthansa. They did not let me enter the JAL lounge.
Are you an AC member? Did you attempt to enter with AC credentials, or OW credentials?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by paseom2
Are you an AC member? Did you attempt to enter with AC credentials, or OW credentials?
How would AC credentials get one into a JAL lounge?

Regards
Old Jun 17, 2011, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by scubadu
How would AC credentials get one into a JAL lounge?

Regards
Originally Posted by SeAAttle

From the aa.com announcement:
American Airlines, which has served Frankfurt for more than 25 years, today announces it will relocate its operations to Terminal 2 at Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) on April 1, 2011.

The move - from its current location in Terminal 1 - allows American to join its oneworld® partners that are already co-located in Terminal 2 and will result in Japan Airlines (JAL) inviting American Admirals Club members, as well as American Business Class customers and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, to enjoy the JAL Frankfurt lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paseom2
I'm not an AC member. When the FRA AC club was open, I accessed it several times with a Lufthansa connecting flight.

Was I not supposed to have received access?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Confirmed in person today that one can enter the JAL lounge as an AC member.
The lounge is ok, although it could use a new carpet (lots of stains). Quiet since cell phones are not allowed.

Back for the second time today. AA71 delayed 2 hours and counting.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by SeAAttle
American Airlines, which has served Frankfurt for more than 25 years, today announces it will relocate its operations to Terminal 2 at Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) on April 1, 2011.

The move - from its current location in Terminal 1 - allows American to join its oneworld® partners that are already co-located in Terminal 2 and will result in Japan Airlines (JAL) inviting American Admirals Club members, as well as American Business Class customers and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers, to enjoy the JAL Frankfurt lounge.
Apologies, I missed that. Thank you for the clarification.

Regards
Old Jun 18, 2011, 4:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You were entitled to entry if you had arrived on a qualifying AA flight, iirc, and quite lucky if not.

Originally Posted by Admirals Club Lounge Access
# American Airlines First Class and Business Class passengers traveling on, or connecting to or from an American Airlines international* flight have access to the Admirals Club on the same-day** of their international flight.
<link>

I'm not an AC member. When the FRA AC club was open, I accessed it several times with a Lufthansa connecting flight.

Was I not supposed to have received access?

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, (AC)
AA J DFW-FRA 7h layover FRA: Sakura Lng?

Flying J class DFW-FRA w/ 7 hrs layover at FRA before onward flite in T1 on Condor Air. Upon FRA arrival in T2, can I easily access JAL Sakura Lounge in T2 prior to transferring from T2 to T1 for onward Condor flight? In other words, can I use Sakura as an Arrivals Lounge??? (I am Admirals Club member and understand that Sakura Lounge accepts Admiral Club members.)

Last edited by Jim Hogan; Jun 27, 2011 at 9:54 pm
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, (AC)
FRA Sakura Lng (T2): Use as" Arr Lng" AA70?

AA70 DFW to FRA. Is JAL Sakura Lounge accessible to arriving pax upon deplaining at Terminal 2 FRA?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 9:03 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TestKing
AA70 DFW to FRA. Is JAL Sakura Lounge accessible to arriving pax upon deplaining at Terminal 2 FRA?
Welcome to the AA forum, TestKing. As with the last thread you started on the topic, it has been merged with the current thread discussing FRA oneworld lounges. Please take a look at the original post within this thread, which has a mini-wiki of info about the oneworld FRA lounge options. Thanks for your cooperation. /Moderator
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Gold), Southwest Rapid Rewards, Emirates Skywards, Marriott Rewards
Still am not clear on this ...

Is the JAL lounge (or some other) possible to use an arrival lounge for a shower and coffee?

I still can't tell from the responses above if this is possible. So, I'll try to clarify my question:

If I'm a regular AA Business Class passenger (not an AC member), and FRA is my final destination, can I access the Sakura Lounge? And, upon arrival, is it convenient to access (e.g. would getting through passport control, baggage claim and customs be relatively simple after going to the Lounge?)

Many thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stephensides
Is the JAL lounge (or some other) possible to use an arrival lounge for a shower and coffee?

I still can't tell from the responses above if this is possible. So, I'll try to clarify my question:

If I'm a regular AA Business Class passenger (not an AC member), and FRA is my final destination, can I access the Sakura Lounge? And, upon arrival, is it convenient to access (e.g. would getting through passport control, baggage claim and customs be relatively simple after going to the Lounge?)

Many thanks.
The simple answer is no. You have to be departing or transiting in order to use the lounge.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:12 pm
Suspended

I am in the lounge right now. The first class section will be only open in the afternoon presumably for the JL flight.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Gold), Southwest Rapid Rewards, Emirates Skywards, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by chongcao
The simple answer is no. You have to be departing or transiting in order to use the lounge.
OK, understood.

I am now an Admiral's Club member. I understand from the prior posts that I am technically allowed to access the lounge. New questions then emerge:

As a regular AC member, am I permitted to bring a guest?
Would it be convenient to visit the lounge after arriving on AA70, getting a shower before proceeding to baggage claim and on to the train station? Our would this be an out-of-the-way hassle?

Many thanks.

Last edited by stephensides; Aug 17, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.