Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FRA / Frankfurt AA & Admirals Club Members T-2 JL Sakura Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2013, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FRA / Frankfurt International Airport JL First Class and Sakura Lounges
American Airlines premium flyers and Admirals Club Members

Link to FRA airport information on aa.com.

Link to FRA airport web site.

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

JL First and Sakura Business Class Lounges

LOCATION: Terminal 2, Hall D Level 3, between departure gates D4 and D5A. This lounge has restrictions for access; the Sakura Lounge is BEFORE security[/B]; you must process security to board, so give yourself time - and note, you can not process security more than two hours prior to scheduled departure. (The landside FRA Admirals Club closed 31 Mar 2011.) Please read Note.

HOURS: Please see here.

AMENITIES: Please see here. "Business lounge is quiet, offers all admitted tarmac views, Ethernet connections, separate smoking room, self-service bar and snacks, washrooms, as supergrandslam reports two showers (small, no toilet) and can get crowded."

NOTE:

Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club membership
At this time, JL only allows ticketed JL First Class passengers into the First lounge (not Emeralds unless ticketed in F) and has limited hours. Additionally, Admirals Club members have access to Sakura Lounge as follows:

"Admirals Club member (annual paid or Citi Executive card) plus two guests or immediate family. Must present boarding pass and Admirals Club membership card for same day travel on AA or US marketed and operated flight*. Not valid for arriving guests."
Other oneworld lounges in FRA are airside / past security, (member nldogbert states this will require using the interterminal train, but one remains airside) as follows:

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, Level 3 after the security checkpoint, opposite Gate E 7

Hours: Daily 06:00-14:00

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Food and drinks
  • Printing
  • TVs
  • Showers
Iberia Lounge

Location: Terminal 2, opposite to gate D 26/27, after security, in the
Schengen area (no passport control) (see zski1's post below)

Hours: Daily 06:00-20:15

Eligibility: oneworld partners (American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Japan Airlines, LAN Chile, Quantas, Royal Jordanian), Aer Lingus, Icelandair, TAP, SATA (sic)
See FRA/Frankfurt Admirals Club CLOSING March 31 2011 (consolidated) thread.

Updated 15 Aug 2016 - JDiver

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

FRA / Frankfurt International Airport JAL First and Sakura (AA Access) and oneworld Lounges

Last edited by JDiver; May 13, 2015 at 5:56 pm Reason: Update
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:46 am

FRA/Frankfurt oneworld Lounges post AA T2 move (consolidated)

Quasi good news for FRA from AA.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Americ....html?x=0&.v=1
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by pdog02
I am glad to hear AA is co-locating with the other OW carriers. I am not sure however how much help the JAL lounge will be seeing as oneworld lounge finder lists the Sakura Lounge hours as "Daily: Summer 16:45-20:45, Winter 16:15-20:00" and the FRA-DFW flight leaves at 10:30...

The Iberia lounge appears to have longer hours and is also in Terminal 2, Hall D.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by paseom2
I am glad to hear AA is co-locating with the other OW carriers. I am not sure however how much help the JAL lounge will be seeing as oneworld lounge finder lists the Sakura Lounge hours as "Daily: Summer 16:45-20:45, Winter 16:15-20:00" and the FRA-DFW flight leaves at 10:30...

The Iberia lounge appears to have longer hours and is also in Terminal 2, Hall D.
Not sure what is up with that page; unless they've very recently changed their hours, the JAL lounge in Frankfurt is open at least by 1000 every day, if not earlier. I've never bothered to check their hours, but I've taken the BA flight to LHR many times in the last year that leaves around 1130 and have parked in the JAL lounge beforehand.

The Iberia lounge would be inconvenient (if not impossible???) to use when taking an AA flight; the JAL lounge is after passport control, but before security, on the upper level of the terminal, which is where people waiting for the FRA-DFW flight will want to go. The Iberia lounge is in the Schengen area (no passport control), AFTER security on the lower level. The Iberia lounge is smaller than the JAL lounge as well.

Depending on where the AA arrival gates will be, there is the potential that you could access the JAL lounge on arrival. Not sure whether an AA flyer would be _admitted_ to the lounge after arriving, but you will likely walk past it on the way to passport control/baggage reclaim/customs.

-z
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Just read this on FB. Good news. I was there last Monday.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by zski1
Not sure what is up with that page; unless they've very recently changed their hours, the JAL lounge in Frankfurt is open at least by 1000 every day, if not earlier. I've never bothered to check their hours, but I've taken the BA flight to LHR many times in the last year that leaves around 1130 and have parked in the JAL lounge beforehand.

The Iberia lounge would be inconvenient (if not impossible???) to use when taking an AA flight; the JAL lounge is after passport control, but before security, on the upper level of the terminal, which is where people waiting for the FRA-DFW flight will want to go. The Iberia lounge is in the Schengen area (no passport control), AFTER security on the lower level. The Iberia lounge is smaller than the JAL lounge as well.

Depending on where the AA arrival gates will be, there is the potential that you could access the JAL lounge on arrival. Not sure whether an AA flyer would be _admitted_ to the lounge after arriving, but you will likely walk past it on the way to passport control/baggage reclaim/customs.

-z
Thanks for the catch on the IB Schengen situation - it had momentarily slipped my mind. Hopefully the hours posted on the oneworld website are simply incorrect in this case.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by pdog02

This is good news indeed. The JAL Lounge is very nice. Hopefully some of the FRA AAngels will be given employment there.

Also, T-2 is much easier to get around in, with the exception of not having a train station in the basement of course.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:19 am

I have been at the Sakura lounge at 6 a.m. in the morning on many occasions, although that was a while ago when NW had a contract with them. It was not like the JL lounge in NRT, the only Japanese item were some dated magazines.

P.S. I thought it was after security as well.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I have been at the Sakura lounge at 6 a.m. in the morning on many occasions, although that was a while ago when NW had a contract with them. It was not like the JL lounge in NRT, the only Japanese item were some dated magazines.
And the toilets. Definitely Japanese.

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
P.S. I thought it was after security as well.
IIRC, there's only passport control between the lounge and the gates.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by KtownTraveler

IIRC, there's only passport control between the lounge and the gates.
Yes, you are correct about the toilets. We always enjoyed that. Feels like home, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

I thought it was after security, but I could be wrong. I know it was on the same floor where you get the tax refund money back. In any case as I said, it was a couple of years ago and my memory isn't the best anymore.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:37 am

FWIW, I just checked the website of FRA airport at
http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...s/lounges.html
and this is what shows under Sakura Lounge :

Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge
Daily from 5:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
+49-69-690 72716
First Class PASSENGERS of Japan Airlines; holders of the Japan Global Card; holders of the JGP Card; passengers with Lounge invitation card
Terminal 2, Level 3, after the security checkpoint, near gate D8
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Does the FRA JL lounge have the same beef curry that they have in NRT? mmmm. Tempted to book a trip back to Tokyo just for that (just kidding, it'd be for the miles too)
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:05 am

If I remember food choices at the FRA Sakura lounge are quite limited. Nothing that is specific Japanese. No Onigiri, no sushi, no rice dishes.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Originally Posted by KtownTraveler
+++++1!!!!!

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 5, 2011 at 3:58 pm Reason: fixed quotation syntax
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by mikelat
Does the FRA JL lounge have the same beef curry that they have in NRT? mmmm. Tempted to book a trip back to Tokyo just for that (just kidding, it'd be for the miles too)
It didnt when I was there, flight left at around noon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.