Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG
757 Exit Rows

Can someone remind me whether any of the exit row seats on the domestic 757 have moveable arm rests? I know that 10 A/F don't due to the tray table, but what about the others? And the over-wing exits?

Sorry if this is listed elsewhere. Booking a ticket last minute and hoping for some quick feedback. Did a search, but didn't see anything relevant in the first page of listings.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BnHrk718
Can someone remind me whether any of the exit row seats on the domestic 757 have moveable arm rests? I know that 10 A/F don't due to the tray table, but what about the others? And the over-wing exits?

Sorry if this is listed elsewhere. Booking a ticket last minute and hoping for some quick feedback. Did a search, but didn't see anything relevant in the first page of listings.
Immovable due to the tray tables. Source: SeatGuru
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: American
Which seat is better on AA 1817 red eye (9A or 13C)

I am platinum and get upgraded 95%+ of the time, another story, and am taking that SFO-MIA Red Eye for Easter weekend. Wanted to know your opinion on whterh 9B is better/worse than 13 A-F???

I usually sit ont he bulk head but just in case I don't get 1st class (2 class cabin on 757 with non lay flat seats) I thought you all might be able to enlighten me a bit as to whether or not row 13 is better than bulkhead?

I wear BOSE so noise doesn't matter to me (keep extra batteries in case too).

Thanks
Joe G
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:04 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Welcome to FT.

You will fine the FAQ at the top of the page (where it says "please check here first") an invaluable resource for very basic questions like this. It contains sections with extensive discussion about AA's planes and seats as these are frequently-discussed topics.

Cheers.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:20 am

this is a very specific question and thanks for the tip, I checked there and no one seems to get as specific as I would like to be...

I did a search for R0w 13, and flight 1817 and bulkhead
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:25 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Searching by specific flight number won't be as instructive as searching by aircraft type. From the FAQ

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post11822051

This provides links to extensive discussions of the various aircraft and the seating choices on those aircraft.

Cheers.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
I don't know how row 13 would be better than 9B?? It's just a regular Y seat. I would go with 9B myself.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:34 pm

ok, I like 9b as well b/c you don't look into the bathroom each time the door opens either...just wanted to see if anyone thinks row 13 is a secret gem on that 70's set-up 757
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:55 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Greetings, lucky73! As mentioned upthread, the flight number really isn't the information people here need to help you (believe it or not, we don't have most of 'em memorized ). We need to know the aircraft type. In this case, it's a 757-200.

Then, if you go the FAQ entry here:

• What are the best seats on my flight?

...you'll see a link to the wiki Planes and Seats page:

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...Seats_%28AA%29

...there, you'll find a section dedicated to 757-200 seating. At the bottom of the page, you'll also find a link to this FlyerTalk thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

...where you can learn about other people's experiences and opinions on these seats.

I hope this helps for future reference.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I usually don't fly on a 757 - flew once in exit row 18 aisle and sat in 10F for 5-10minutes before being upgraded to F.

I have an upcoming 757 on a DFW-LAX route where I have 9E reserved. Does 9E have more legroom than 18 aisle? Hopefully I will get upgraded to F and this will be a moot point, but my guess is that DFW-LAX is an EXP-heavy route and you may remain in Y.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by lucky73
I am platinum and get upgraded 95%+ of the time, another story, and am taking that SFO-MIA Red Eye for Easter weekend. Wanted to know your opinion on whterh 9B is better/worse than 13 A-F???
I strongly dislike 13A and 13F for sleeping and always recommend against choosing them for any reason. I'd sooner take 15A. The air duct in the wall at row 13 creates a pillar next to the seat that reduces your usable space. Ordinary seats have concave window openings that make a meaningful difference. Sleeping against the wall of the plane as I do makes this difference even more important.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
We flew 9CDE yesterday SAN-JFK; 9C is horrible because at SAN you always board from 2L and with PriorityAAccess you end up having to scoot somewhere awkwardly for a while to allow Groups 1-6 complete boarding until you can sit in your seat. 9D is great because it allows easy aisle access and even more legroom than 9E. While 9E is better than 9C, what I don't like is how little privacy you are afforded from the passenger sitting in 10F; they can see literally everything you are doing- down to what you are grabbing from your purse or what's on the plate you are eating from. I felt like my every move was being watched by 10F (especially when in full recline), and it was an uncomfortable feeling.

On the 757-200, if I have a choice I always pick 9D first (I don't particularly mind the bathroom "view" as much as I hate being watched every second by 10F); I avoid 9BC if possible, but in the end they are better than the vast majority of Y seats.

However, what's nice is that the Purser always closes the bins over rows 9-11 before boarding commences- to ensure the bins aren't taken for Elites. In her words when we boarded, "I gotta take care of my 9s and 10s".

An aside, we were upgraded to F on JFK-SAN (was originally in 9BC!). But I still miss the 763s on route; with NGBC those were the good days.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:57 pm

9.5 hours on a 757: Row 9 or 18?

Hi all,

My wife and I are flying LPB-VVI-MIA on a 757 and we're trying to figure out which row to choose. SeatGuru indicates that row 18 is "green", despite its thinner-than-usual seat cushions, while row 9 is "yellow", even though it has loads of extra legroom and only two side-by-side seats.

Personally, I like the idea of not having anyone sitting next to us, and being 9 rows forward (we'd be among the first people off the plane -- 50 closer to the front of the potentially long lines at immigration.)

Do any of you frequent flyers prefer row 9 over row 18, despite SeatGuru's warnings?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
I've always preferred row 9, especially if you're with someone. the downside is that people will tend to congregate around your seat to stretch or wait for the lav, but you can control that by staking your claim to the space in front of you with your stuff, which can also make a nice footrest too. If you get bored, it's always funny to watch the constant stream of people trying to open the lav door by pulling on the ashtray in the sidewall of the partition, rather than using the door handle.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by grlmopz
Hi all,

My wife and I are flying LPB-VVI-MIA on a 757 and we're trying to figure out which row to choose. SeatGuru indicates that row 18 is "green", despite its thinner-than-usual seat cushions, while row 9 is "yellow", even though it has loads of extra legroom and only two side-by-side seats.

Personally, I like the idea of not having anyone sitting next to us, and being 9 rows forward (we'd be among the first people off the plane -- 50 closer to the front of the potentially long lines at immigration.)

Do any of you frequent flyers prefer row 9 over row 18, despite SeatGuru's warnings?

Thanks!
I fly this route 3-4 times a year. My fiance and I pick 9D and 9E. Not having anyone next to you is huge and the extra legroom is a must for me (I'm 6'4"). There is one significant problem and one minor problem with row 9.

Significant: people tend to congregate in front of you as they wait for the bathroom and 10F sometimes tries to walk in your space to get out of his/her seat (another note, 10F is not a great seam IMO as the bulky emergency door blocks a lot of the foot space). 9B and 9C can be a little better with the traffic issue but they don't have quite as much foot space.

Insignificant:
The windows in row 9 are tiny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.