Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by gamehendge2000
Upgrades aside, I'd rank my 757 preferences as:

1. Row 9BCDE
2. Row 10AF
3. All bets are off from here
+1 Agree totally.

My specific gripe about 10A/F is that because of the life raft in the door you can't effectively get up and walk straight through around 9B/E to the lav. This is especially true if the nimrod occupying 9B/E decides to use the narrow space to his left/right as his personal storage area for the flight.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by travelmi
It seems that all the comments are mostly about 10A F and Row 9. How about 10C (aisle)? In general, I always choose aisle seat. also I think row 10 will be more reclinable than 9 and did not want to stand there while everyone else is boarding. Another thought is that the window seats may get cold during an overnight flight. Any comments?
Thanks!
10C is no different than any other aisle seat. However, I would still snag 10C/D if 9B-E and 10A/F are occupied. It is possible that on non-capacity flights, 10B/E might be left unoccupied. Since 10A/F might be able to get up and exit directly in front, there is a possibility, however small, that you will not be bothered to get up during the entire flight.

I'm really splitting hairs here, I know.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
So if I read this correctly, 10C has reduced legroom compare to other exit seats. The pinch is the same as other standard Y seat. So there is no advantage to have 10C over other Y aisle besides getting off early?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
It seems that all the comments are mostly about 10A F and Row 9. How about 10C (aisle)? In general, I always choose aisle seat. also I think row 10 will be more reclinable than 9 and did not want to stand there while everyone else is boarding. Another thought is that the window seats may get cold during an overnight flight. Any comments?
Thanks!
I always fly the 757 MIA-SFO (and vice versa) - personally, I have 10C/D as my favorite. I don't like row 9 because of the aforementioned. 10A/F have plenty of legroom, but are more constricted horizontally due to the emergency door jutting inwards. 10C/D have the best of both worlds in that they offer more than enough legroom, easy access to the bathrooms, and you don't have to stand the entire time during boarding.

On these transcon flights though, I like F because of the meals
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Moved one of my seat to 9D. On the return leg, the only thing in row 9 is 9B, which I am not sure if I want to take due to the stand up factor for everyone to go on board if 2L is used. The flight is from HNL-LAX 298. Anyone has experience knows if 2L is used for boarding? I do tend to get up a lot during flight and do not want to bother others, so I am hesitating to take window seats.
Hopefully my upgrade will go through and I do not have to worry about this,
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
If I'm traveling with somebody else I prefer row 9, since you get to sit together without anybody else in addition to the legroom.

If traveling solo I prefer 10A/F. The legroom is amazing (I'm average height but not wide) and has a window, so it's the best sleep I get in economy class in any aircraft.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trojanman

This is especially true if the nimrod occupying 9B/E decides to use the narrow space to his left/right as his personal storage area for the flight.
So whose space do you think this is then????
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Free Agent
So if I read this correctly, 10C has reduced legroom compare to other exit seats. The pinch is the same as other standard Y seat. So there is no advantage to have 10C over other Y aisle besides getting off early?
Only two, already mentioned and maybe a third and forth. 10C/D:
1) Often the very last assigned/choosen seats are 10B/10E, elite-only and most elites are savvy enough to know these are not really typical exit row pitch, so these seats may remain open.
2) In my experience, more 10A/F traffic runs the 9 gauntlet, so fewer disturbances in Row 10.
3) The adjacent seats in 9 and 10 tend to have last minute openings as people are upgraded at the last minute, so a 10B/E might have a change to do a cabin-door-close move, often to 10A/F.
4) The don't often run out of your choice of BOB 2 rows deep in coach

So perhaps slightly better than other coach aisle seats with these factors.

But all things being equal, 9E for me.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, DL Plat
I like the 10AF seats, though it's no fun when some dude in 9BE puts his stuff in MY (according to me, of course) legroom when trying to hide it from an FA!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by lobo411
Every exit row I've ever been in has been big enough to allow me to get up and into the aisle while the aisle seat stays seated.
Really? Even in row 10???
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by zdcatc12
So whose space do you think this is then????
It's an exit row, and nothing is supposed to be stored on the floor such that it blocks access to the door. Putting anything on the floor to the left of seat 9B or to the right of 9E would at least partially block the exit door.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by ramalama8
Really? Even in row 10???
Haven't flown on a 757 exit row till now...I'll tell you how it goes Wednesday.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
Haven't flown on a 757 exit row till now...I'll tell you how it goes Wednesday.
Nope, I couldn't walk all the way through to use the lav from 10F, but I was able to walk around 9E and never had to ask anyone to get up. The door was no problem for me, since I don't need the legroom and I'm not wide to begin with. Also, the FAs did a great job of telling 9E not to put their stuff in front of the exit door at the beginning of the flight.

Also, the FA gave rows 9 + 10 free wine after the door closed for push off.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Curious that I haven't seen this addressed specifically in this thread, so I'll ask the question:

Can you put your feet up on the emergency slide that protrudes into the legroom of 10A/F?

I realize that this might not be permitted. However, on the 777, I often pick 31A/J on overnight flights because you can rest your knee or your foot on the emergency slide door (I'm a lightweight, btw, so we're not talking massive or even moderate amounts of force here, which I know would be bad). It's not greatly comfortable, but it helps a little when changing sleeping positions.

Depending on the flight, some FAs will tell me not to rest my knee there, and others don't say anything. I realize there is a sticker (at least on the 777s) which indicates that the slide cover is not a seat. I am wondering if something similar happens on the 75Ls (and the domestic 757s), or if the entire configuration of the slide makes it a moot point.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage
First post, need seating help

Flying ORD to MAN in November. It's a 757 and I can get in rows 9 or 10 (exit rows) or 17 or 18 (also exits). 10F has the no-seat-in-front-of-it configuration. Need to know if that's a good option because a review said you lose some shoulder room.

Thoughts from my (new) friends at FT?

TexasPastor
AA Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.