Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I'd definitely recommend row 9--highly. They have an enormous amount of legroom and easy aisle access for both you and the other passenger in your row. I don't care for 10F, because the exit door is kind of fat and I feel like it takes away space.

The only negative aspect of row 9 is that there's no window except a small cutout in the door. So if that's extremely important to you, you will have to take that into consideration too.

The only reason (to my knowledge) SeatGuru & co. declare it a good seat is because its physically possible to squeeze past the exit door and into row 9 to go to the lav (rather than forcing 10E and 10D to get up).

Row 9 by a mile
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by demkr
I'd definitely recommend row 9--highly. They have an enormous amount of legroom and easy aisle access for both you and the other passenger in your row. I don't care for 10F, because the exit door is kind of fat and I feel like it takes away space.

The only negative aspect of row 9 is that there's no window except a small cutout in the door. So if that's extremely important to you, you will have to take that into consideration too.

The only reason (to my knowledge) SeatGuru & co. declare it a good seat is because its physically possible to squeeze past the exit door and into row 9 to go to the lav (rather than forcing 10E and 10D to get up).

Row 9 by a mile
Another negative aspect to row 9 is that you have no place to store your personal belongings except on the floor or in the overhead bins. Be sure you board early enough to get overhead bin space. Normally the overhead bins over row 9 are pre-empted by the airline, so you will end up using bins further back. This can result in the salmon-swimming-upstream effect when you reach your destination and have to get your carryons out of those bins.

Also, you have no place to keep your personal belongings during flight except at your feet. The problem with keeping them at your feet is that the passenger in 10 A or F (and often the passenger in 10 B or E) will choose to exit through row 9 rather than row 10, and can in the process trod on your personal belongings. If it is a book, not such a big problem, if it is a Kindle or a laptop or a dvd player, bigger problem. Of course, you can always pop up to put things back into the bin, then take them out later, but that can be a PITA.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
10D/E are nothing special, despite the exit designation. 10F offers a ton of legroom for your left leg, but very little for your right. There's also no one in front/reclining into you, so it's a good seat if you are claustrophobic, or wanting to work on your laptop. I agree row 9 is clearly superior. I'm not a fan of 10F, but would take it if I was wanting to use my laptop and row 9 and other exits were unavailable.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:08 am

I agree with the others- and I believe the row 9 seats are better than what seatguru presents. They have to be the best seats if you are traveling as a couple.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:20 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by TexasPastor
Flying ORD to MAN in November. It's a 757 and I can get in rows 9 or 10 (exit rows) or 17 or 18 (also exits). 10F has the no-seat-in-front-of-it configuration. Need to know if that's a good option because a review said you lose some shoulder room.

Thoughts from my (new) friends at FT?

TexasPastor
AA Gold
Welcome to FT TexasPastor

Your thread has been merged into this previous discussion on the seats you have questions about. Take some time to preview the "stickies" at the top of the aadvantage forum thread. Many of your questions can be answered within the consolidated FAQ and wiki. Over the years members have contributed a lot of very useful information to make this possible.

Enjoy your flights and enjoy FT

~Moderator
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bayoubabsy
I agree with the others- and I believe the row 9 seats are better than what seatguru presents. They have to be the best seats if you are traveling as a couple.
agreed... Row 9 gives you far more legroom
I prefer the starboard aisle. I don't remember the letter, but the port side has the problem of not being able to sit down right away, if boarding is through that door.

Row 9
Bad- no window, lav traffic, and maybe smells
Good - Close to the exit, more legroom,
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
Boeing 757-200 / 752 Row 9 and 10 Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Flying to Manchester from JFK and have [redacted reference] economy on the way back.

Any ideas on best [redacted reference] economy? so far I have exit aisle (10-D) in economy [redacted reference]

any and all input welcome and tia!

Last edited by magic111; Sep 4, 2010 at 9:33 pm Reason: splitting two questions into appropriate threads
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by billbarilko
Flying to Manchester from JFK and have [redacted reference] economy on the way back.

Any ideas on best [redacted reference] economy? so far I have exit aisle (10-D) in economy [redacted reference]

in my opinion, try to grab row 9 in Economy or 10A/F... [redacted reference]

Last edited by magic111; Sep 4, 2010 at 9:34 pm Reason: organizing material for appropriate threads
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by billbarilko

Economy - 9D.. then 9C (9C makes you have to wait to sit if boarding is through the doorway in the row. Leg room is great and only 2 seats instead of 3.

Last edited by magic111; Sep 4, 2010 at 9:34 pm Reason: organizing material
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by mvoight
Business - for me, any aisle seat and FEBO
Economy - 9D.. then 9C (9C makes you have to wait to sit if boarding is through the doorway in the row. Leg room is great and only 2 seats instead of 3.
I prefer 10A or 10F over any seat in row 9. 10A and 10F have no seats in front of you - so the most legroom.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by crazyMRer
I prefer 10A or 10F over any seat in row 9. 10A and 10F have no seats in front of you - so the most legroom.
and people in 10A/F tend to walk in front of you if you're sitting in row 9.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Do the seats in row 9 recline or are they restricted? Much? Thanks.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 6:14 pm

757-Exit Row vs. Row 11

Recently I made "lifetime gold"........so I have some existing reservations DFW/CUN for Row 11.....I've put in for upgrades but who knows. BUT I see I have the option to move to either Row 14 or 15.
You folks that fly alot could sure help my decisions!!! thx
Old Oct 4, 2010, 6:33 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lyndihop53
Recently I made "lifetime gold"........so I have some existing reservations DFW/CUN for Row 11.....I've put in for upgrades but who knows. BUT I see I have the option to move to either Row 14 or 15.
You folks that fly alot could sure help my decisions!!! thx
Easy choice. Row 9, 14, and 15 are the best places to sit when flying in the Main Cabin.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:04 pm

thanks HNL. i changed to 15.
i assume you are from HNL???? we're going to spend the month of February in Princeville. can't wait. we love Kauai!!!!! actually love all the islands. it's just that Kauai is a bit more relaxed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.