Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:19 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by bdemaria
I'm quite intrigued by one of the notations on the chart referenced above. For seat 10F it notes that "floor storage for this seat is under 7F"
That note appears in the US Airways 757 seating chart, not AA's. For American Airlines it is noted that there is not floor storage place for that seat.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by TWA884
That note appears in the US Airways 757 seating chart, not AA's. For American Airlines it is noted that there is not floor storage place for that seat.
I know that - having flown more AA 757s than I really care to remember, I'm quite familiar w/the layout.

I simply was pointing odd that seatguru states that the person in 10F is supposed to use the space under seat 7F for floor storage.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DillMan
...regardless of how liberal or conservative seatguru is ...
For the record, seatguru must be extremely conservative. While I've seen plenty of red seats, I've yet to see any blue (except, of course, on the lavs).
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I know that - having flown more AA 757s than I really care to remember, I'm quite familiar w/the layout.

I simply was pointing odd that seatguru states that the person in 10F is supposed to use the space under seat 7F for floor storage.
Sorry, my post was intended as a response to the following message in addition to yours.

Originally Posted by dstan
SeatGuru sometimes uses split ratings for seats:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_..._757-200_C.php

Might be particularly apropos here
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by pdxer
it's a 757. they should make the rest of coach red.

If you are 6'4", for the exception of emergency exit rows, you can anticipate that your knees will be in your chest on any Y seat in any type of a/c.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by pdxer
it's a 757. they should make the rest of coach red.
and they should make all of Biz/First yellow or maybe yellow/green. Mrs. Grates and I flew AA922 r/t last year in Biz Class ... not much better than Y, just wider seats.

note: Seatguru says similar things about exit row seats and slides intruding on BA and AA 777's, but I've found that there is plenty of legroom at the A and F seat locations behind the slide.

Last edited by billgrates3; Mar 25, 2010 at 1:59 pm
Old Mar 25, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Adding my data point: Flew 10F IAD-LAX and it was easily the nicest AA Y seat I have traveled in.. That said row 9 did not look to bad either...
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:04 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
I'm quite intrigued by one of the notations on the chart referenced above. For seat 10F it notes that "floor storage for this seat is under 7F"
That's funny! Makes a lot more sense (and works quite well, IME) in 10A and 10F here:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_...irbus_A319.php

Originally Posted by TWA884
Sorry, my post was intended as a response to the following message in addition to yours.
Sorry for any confusion - I was not implying that that US seatmap was relevant to AA - it just so happened that there were no such split notations for AA aircraft and I happened to find one in the the US 752 first.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I have to vote 10A/F are the best seats in Y outside of row 9. When I was on the 6am ORD-LGA (and thus NEVER cleared an upgrade) I loved those seats - best legroom of any Y seat, aside from maybe 7D on an MD-80, but its your own little corner. Perfect for reclining and snoozing on the early AM flights.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 5:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I am 6'4" / 193 cm, and I prefer row 9 (understanding the arm rests are fixed and therefore the seat is narrower and the only "window" you get is the convex tiny bubble) or 10A or F - IMO these are exactly as described on seatguru (and more accurately than on seatexpert in this case), though I do have some impediment to my legs on the door side. As some of my more athletic friends occasionally say, "10F, anyone?"
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:08 pm

IMHO, where 10A/F really shine is when loads are very light and neighboring seats are unoccupied, as one or two posters above have mentioned.

On the SFO-BOS redeye a month or two back - almost empty - I was in 10A with nobody in 10B/C & 9B/C. Lots of room to stretch out.

Last edited by ivk5; Mar 25, 2010 at 6:32 pm Reason: whoops SFO-BOS not vv
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by ivk5
IMHO, where 10A/F really shine is when loads are very light and neighboring seats are unoccupied, as one or two posters above have mentioned.

On the BOS-SFO redeye a month or two back - almost empty - I was in 10A with nobody in 10B/C & 9B/C. Lots of room to stretch out.
If that were the case, I would have taken 9C in a jiffy.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by ramalama8
If that were the case, I would have taken 9C in a jiffy.
Chacun a` son gout, I guess. I'd rather stretch my legs out without being in the aisle in the way of the bev cart. And less likely to be woken up by pax coming in/out of the lav.

Fortunately tomorrow on AA 775 we have 4A/B, a modest improvement.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Originally Posted by JDiver
I am 6'4" / 193 cm, and I prefer row 9 (understanding the arm rests are fixed and therefore the seat is narrower and the only "window" you get is the convex tiny bubble) or 10A or F - IMO these are exactly as described on seatguru (and more accurately than on seatexpert in this case), though I do have some impediment to my legs on the door side. As some of my more athletic friends occasionally say, "10F, anyone?"
I second this - 6' 4" and 230 lbs. 10A/F are great. I don't understand the OP.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
Maybe he has a wide stance.
palm up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.