Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brp
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but SeatGuru is correct. This seat has substantially more legroom than a standard seat. The same is true of row 18, just as indicated.

Cheers.
I appreciate the insight on row 18, but 10F has substantially more legroom for one leg and substantially less for the other leg. How does that warrant a green and not a yellow? That's a serious caveat IMO.

Thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Did you run your cursor over the seat to read what seatguru stated?
It is the same things you are mentioning but they still have decided to leave a green marking

Perhaps you can send an email to seatguru.com about their rating system but I believe that it was posted they were not updating anymore.

I doubt that you will convince any who choose to select those coach seats over any other coach seat that seatguru or seatexpert.com are wrong. I know that if it was me in coach it would be one of my first choices. In fact the last time I was in coach in a 57 it is exactly where I sat.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
10A & 10F are better than 99% of the other Y seats on the 757. If these were to be 'yellow' on seatguru then they might as well make the entire rest of the coach cabin 'red'.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
10A & 10F are better than 99% of the other Y seats on the 757. If these were to be 'yellow' on seatguru then they might as well make the entire rest of the coach cabin 'red'.
it's a 757. they should make the rest of coach red.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by magic111
It is the same things you are mentioning but they still have decided to leave a green marking
Yep, I read the statement but wasn't planning on the magnitude of the emergency door obstruction. For a tall guy it really is bad. My right knee was wedged up against the door the entire ride. The left leg was happy but I won't be picking this seat again.

I appreciate all the comments. Thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ejh25
Yep, I read the statement but wasn't planning on the magnitude of the emergency door obstruction. For a tall guy it really is bad. My right knee was wedged up against the door the entire ride. The left leg was happy but I won't be picking this seat again.

Unless your legs are 12 inches wide, I don't see the problem. If it were as narrow as your comments indicate, the passengers in 10F would get out through their own row, rather than annoyingly barging through row 9.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by gemac
Unless your legs are 12 inches wide, I don't see the problem. If it were as narrow as your comments indicate, the passengers in 10F would get out through their own row, rather than annoyingly barging through row 9.
Maybe he has a wide stance.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT

Spend some time in say 11E or 11F - and I suspect you'll reconsider your views of 10F.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:13 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
SeatGuru sometimes uses split ratings for seats:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_..._757-200_C.php

Might be particularly apropos here
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by dstan
SeatGuru sometimes uses split ratings for seats:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_..._757-200_C.php

Might be particularly apropos here
I'm quite intrigued by one of the notations on the chart referenced above. For seat 10F it notes that "floor storage for this seat is under 7F"
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
Maybe he has a wide stance.
If so, he needs to be careful - it got Larry Craig arrested.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by bdemaria
I'm quite intrigued by one of the notations on the chart referenced above. For seat 10F it notes that "floor storage for this seat is under 7F"
that may explain those departure delays. Pax in 10A and 10F walking around looking for row 7.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Seatguru is remarkably accurate given their status as a free service. I was fully read the disclosure for each seat, check it against common sense and then further cross reference by own experience. It is, after all, my responsibility to pick a good seat, not seatguru.

Also, regardless of how liberal or conservative seatguru is with pronouncing certain seats "green" and others yellow/red, do consider that you get more info than aa.com is going to give you by a long mile. If the seat has more legroom for 1 leg and normal legroom for the other, that seems like a 50% improvement to me.

Originally Posted by magic111

Perhaps you can send an email to seatguru.com about their rating system but I believe that it was posted they were not updating anymore.
When did this start? Any idea why they stopped updating? I must have missed that thread.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
My GF and I flew 922 from MIA-LPB-VVI last week and sat in 10 F and E. Seat Guru states that 10F has a "lots of extra legroom" but the emergency slide impedes some of the space. The seat is green rated. This seat should be rated yellow or red IMO. For a guy who is 6'4" this seat was horrible. We should have selected 9 D and E.

For our return only one seat in 9 is available but seats in 18 are available. 18 is all green rated but should I trust Seat Guru?

Thoughts?
Sorry but I do not agree with you. I sat in 10A a few weeks ago and I thought it was a great seat. Yes the door takes away some of the space in front of you but there is more than enough space to the right for both legs to fit and stretch out. Even better for me 10B was open for my bags. The benefit over row 18 is you can get off much faster.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by sharklover
Sorry but I do not agree with you. I sat in 10A a few weeks ago and I thought it was a great seat. Yes the door takes away some of the space in front of you but there is more than enough space to the right for both legs to fit and stretch out. Even better for me 10B was open for my bags. The benefit over row 18 is you can get off much faster.
I agree. 10A and 10F are great seats. I flew DFW-ANC and ANC-DFW in 10F (my longest flights ever on an AA 757) and was very comfortable. Like others said, I don't see what the issue here is...even if you are very tall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.