Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:LAA 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
Boeing 757-200 / 752 Row 9, 10 and Exit Row Seats (consolidated)

Agree 100% for planes with MCE...I've completely stopped taking the exit rows when MCE is an option.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:23 am
Suspended

Question Quick question on row 9

There are so many posts here with so many views. I have read 9D has more leg and foot room than 9C. (also negatives about Lavatory line etc.) I need every inch of leg room so I want to make sure I chose right one. My flight is December so I am presuming MCE will be in all 757's by then if not already.

Last edited by flyertalker54234; Sep 28, 2013 at 10:24 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by rjlon
There are so many posts here with so many views. I have read 9D has more leg and foot room than 9C. (also negatives about Lavatory line etc.) I need every inch of leg room so I want to make sure I chose right one. My flight is December so I am presuming MCE will be in all 757's by then if not already.
Coach is all converted for MCE on the 757, however, there are remain some aircraft where F is still the original seating with 12 seats vs. 14. Row 9 with the original F config has the movable armrest in the middle, and lot's of legroom with BCDE. On the new first, row 9 has the non-movable armrest between the seats and 9BC has a little less legroom due to the jump-seat in front of 9C.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:09 am

I have two questions about the row 9:
- do the seats in row 9 recline?
- does it get cold there (especially during a red-eye flight)?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Pinni
I have two questions about the row 9:
- do the seats in row 9 recline?
- does it get cold there (especially during a red-eye flight)?
Yes they recline. Cold is relative I suppose, however I do find that, especially the B/E seats of row 9 can get a bit chilly. I've never had it to a point where it's unbearable but definitely use the blanket at night in these rows.

Only other thing to note is that the D/E side can be preferable because if boarding is through L2, then the B/C seats have to stand in the aisle for most of the boarding process as everyone walks right by that row.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: AA PLT
I was in 10A on a BOS-LHR redeye about three years ago, and I've never known cold like it (I had a woollen sweater on and used the blanket and it made no appreciable difference). Too cold to sleep. Completely miserable. Never again - and no crossing the pond on a 757 again.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Been a while since I've been on a 757... Can the person in 10 A/F exit through row 9 without any major issues if they need to get up during flight?

Only other option showing right now is 17C, but I'm hoping either I get upgraded, or someone from row 9 does and I can slide up to that.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by bchandler02
Been a while since I've been on a 757... Can the person in 10 A/F exit through row 9 without any major issues if they need to get up during flight?

Only other option showing right now is 17C, but I'm hoping either I get upgraded, or someone from row 9 does and I can slide up to that.
Unless 9B/E puts all their stuff right there, then yes, its quite easy to get up and walk past there. To me, it's like having my cake and eating it too, it's an aisle seat and a window seat.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Thank you. Was pretty sure there was but just couldn't remember. Stuck on a 757 from DFW/SJU next week
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by bchandler02
Thank you. Was pretty sure there was but just couldn't remember. Stuck on a 757 from DFW/SJU next week
I don't mind them as long as it's one of the updated ones with the winged headrests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.