Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by guoguo914
my original award flight was canceled. I was rebooked by AA to the same AA flight two days later. will I earn miles if I credit the flight to BA or other partners?
Perhaps so if you were re-booked in a revenue inventory. If re-booked in the original inventory, then obviously no.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Pinned
Going to do an MR in about a week and a half. When selecting the seats I am forced to take a preferred or MCE seat on a couple of the segments due to availability. I will be Gold after the first segment, which should allow me to choose MCE or preferred for free. Will AA refund me the difference in what I initially pay?
Originally Posted by sukn
AA has a policy in place to refund the purchase price of MCE if you attain status prior to your flight.
The one thing you need to remember is status is not attained until AA posts the flight and the account sweep happens. So getting this benefit in time for your next flight is not likely.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by RogerD408
The one thing you need to remember is status is not attained until AA posts the flight and the account sweep happens. So getting this benefit in time for your next flight is not likely.
Gotcha.

I'll gamble on no seats for that flight and hope I don't get stuck in a middle seat.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by JBGL
I want to make sure I understand Anytime awards. I want an award next year BNA to HAM, FC or BC. I would like a milesaver. But, if I have to resort to an Anytime award, it would only be for BNA to LHR? Then I would buy a ticket to HAM? Many thanks, Julia
Originally Posted by Antarius
The only difference between AAnytime and MilesAAver is that the former is not capacity controlled. Any available seat in the cabin can be purchased with an AAnytime fare.
AAnytime offers last seat availability but only on AA metal (AA-operated planes). Flights on partners can only be redeemed as saver awards, so if no saver seat is available, you're out of luck.

Since HAM is served only by partners, Julia is correct. If she's redeeming at the AAnytime level, she'll only be able to get as far as LHR or another AA-served European gateway, such as FRA.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pinned
Gotcha.

I'll gamble on no seats for that flight and hope I don't get stuck in a middle seat.
Definitely the way to go. I just matched over from UA and my account hadn't updated on my IAD - LAX and LAX - IAD flights last week and in both instances MCE was wide open and no seats were open in non-MCE Y. I actually almost bought MCE for the LAX - IAD return (it was a redeye so it seemed worth it) but when I checked in I was assigned an MCE seat both times so there is definitely a good chance you'll end up with an MCE seat after all
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by guoguo914
my original award flight was canceled. I was rebooked by AA to the same AA flight two days later. will I earn miles if I credit the flight to BA or other partners?
Perhaps so if you were re-booked in a revenue inventory. If re-booked in the original inventory, then obviously no.
It's impossible to tell revenue vs award if booked an AAnytime award. You are more likely to get credit if the GA rebooks you, as the GA will often just book you into full fare for convenience. If automatically rebooked by AA's computers or in advance by a Reservations agent, then less likely. The answer to these questions is always: wait and see, then come tell us the answer yourself.

There's no point in crediting to BA or other partners (do you mean changing your AA FFN to your BA FFN, etc?), unless you actually want partner miles or you have other oneworld status. If it will credit, it will credit, even to AA. If it won't credit, it won't credit to BA or any other carrier.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Definitely the way to go. I just matched over from UA and my account hadn't updated on my IAD - LAX and LAX - IAD flights last week and in both instances MCE was wide open and no seats were open in non-MCE Y. I actually almost bought MCE for the LAX - IAD return (it was a redeye so it seemed worth it) but when I checked in I was assigned an MCE seat both times so there is definitely a good chance you'll end up with an MCE seat after all
Of course, it is possible that OP will end up in a middle non-MCE seat next to the lav. But I would do it the same way.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:26 pm

Mileage question: EQM for BA-ticketed flights?

I'm traveling on a BA ticket on AA, BA, and Iberia flights; how do I determine the EQM I earn on each of these flights? Or is EQM equal to actual miles flown?

Thanks,
-SS
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:08 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by singleStep
I'm traveling on a BA ticket on AA, BA, and Iberia flights; how do I determine the EQM I earn on each of these flights? Or is EQM equal to actual miles flown?

Thanks,
-SS
You can check AA.com (https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...lines/main.jsp) for each partner to determine the EQM multipliers. You can get pretty good approximations to the flown miles using "Great Circle Mapper" (http://www.gcmap.com/). Then you'll need to know the booking classes for your flights.

Cheers.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
IFE compensation

I flew AA 137 in first class on an AA stock revenue ticket. For the whole duration of the flight the IFE system was broken. Am I entitled for any compensation and what would it be and how I can claim it?
FYI I credited the flight to my BAEC account.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:30 pm

AA is quite the stickler for the 24-hr. rule when it comes to damaged luggage, so your only option is to keep pestering AA until they give you some compensation to make you go away.
Good news, I complained via the AAdvantage website and they credited me with 10,000 miles.

It's funny how one department of the same company can handle things so much better than another.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:49 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I flew AA 137 in first class on an AA stock revenue ticket. For the whole duration of the flight the IFE system was broken. Am I entitled for any compensation and what would it be and how I can claim it?
AA stocks a select number of tablets to offer passengers when the IFE fails. Did they not provide that to you?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by HNL
AA stocks a select number of tablets to offer passengers when the IFE fails. Did they not provide that to you?
They did but in the middle of the flight after departure from LHR in five hours.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'd recommend a look at 2013 Questions about, guide to, and listing of, compensation (consolidated)

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:31 am

Changing nonrefundable tickets

I have a nonrefundable ticket I may not be able to use. aa.com includes "Subject to certain restrictions and charges defined in the rules of the fare, the value of a wholly unused nonrefundable ticket may be used toward the purchase of a new ticket."

Would I have to immediately purchase a new ticket or can I get a voucher or does it depend?

Fare code is O.

I tried to find the terms of the ticket on refunds.aa.com, but it said I had to call reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.