Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This is the archived, obsolete thread; the current 2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE thread is now a "sticky" thread here .

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:47 pm

Meals on Domestic F

I am booked in F on a flight departing SJC for DFW at 12.40pm

Should I expect to get lunch on this flight?

If yes, would I be able to select the entree in advance from aa.com? If I display the itinerary from the 'My trips' section of aa.com, what do I need to do to select my entree?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Annapurna

If yes, would I be able to select the entree in advance from aa.com? If I display the itinerary from the 'My trips' section of aa.com, what do I need to do to select my entree?
There should be a link to select your mean in advance towards the bottom if you look at your reservation.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Teresita
Will HA flight on AA itin post minimum 500 mileage?

Will HNL-OGG, or HNL-KOA flight on AA itinerary post as 500 miles? I am EXP.
Thank you!
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...anAirlines.jsp
Effective for travel on or after September 1, 2013, Hawaiian Airlines will no longer offer a minimum mileage guarantee for flights that are less than 250 miles. Instead, customers will earn the actual base miles flown.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
Originally Posted by Teresita
Will HA flight on AA itin post minimum 500 mileage?

Will HNL-OGG, or HNL-KOA flight on AA itinerary post as 500 miles? I am EXP.
Thank you!
Thanks, footballfanatic!
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You may want to try clearing your cache and the usual - working fine with me about that time with Chrome.

Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
Anyone know off hand if AA have just "improved" the website? The reason I ask is that suddenly the site fails to render (more than half the time) under anything other than Firefox and IE. Which is annoying when you're using chrome, opera, and safari...
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In addition to what yu have been told you can select meals less than 30 days but more than 24 hours prior to your departure.
FLIGHT OPTIONS

Entrée Reservations
Update Selection
When the popup box appears, you will note:

Information about Entrée Reservations
Due to seasonal availability, entrée menus will be available between 30 days and 24 hours prior to travel.
Any changes to your original itinerary will require re-selection of entrée preferences.
Flights that do not offer meal services will not be displayed.
We will do our best to accommodate your request but there may be circumstances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection.
Originally Posted by Annapurna

Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by JDiver
You may want to try clearing your cache and the usual - working fine with me about that time with Chrome.
No, done all the usual things and it's happening across two machines which is what made me think it might be at the aa.com end of things.. Bizarre. The home page loads properly, but every page thereafter (@ a rate of about 50/50) is presenting as a text page, left justified. No formatting or layout. Must be something peculiar going on at my end if no one else is having the problem.

Thanks, all.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Quick question. I was looking to burn some miles on the LAX-MIA flight on the 777. I noticed that there was both sAAver availability for both Business/First (25k) and First (32.5). However, when I selected the 25k award, I was only allowed to select a seat in the first class cabin (rows 1-4) on the 777.

Why the difference between the two award levels? Will I get bumped to the business class section?

Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by ShaneMcConnell
Quick question. I was looking to burn some miles on the LAX-MIA flight on the 777. I noticed that there was both sAAver availability for both Business/First (25k) and First (32.5). However, when I selected the 25k award, I was only allowed to select a seat in the first class cabin (rows 1-4) on the 777.

Why the difference between the two award levels? Will I get bumped to the business class section?

Thanks!
This is strange, and I'm thinking it is a glitch.

All LAX-MIA 772s are sold as 3-class, with coach, business, and first. 25K gets you a seat in the business class cabin, and 32.5K gets you a seat in first. There's a good chance you will be bumped back to the J cabin eventually if you pay for a J award and select a seat in the F cabin, but there is a chance not. However, if you decide to take that chance, you may end up in the least desirable J seat.

See these threads for similar situations.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-2-class.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-2-class.html
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:16 am
Suspended

Question Plea to moderators for advice on setting up thread without being flamed

Not really a newbie, getting too long in the tooth but recent task is driving me nuts. Please can you tell me if I can set this up without getting flamed or petulant comments?

First time for many years (18 years) flying coach on AA LHR-LAX-LIH-HNL-ORD-LHR as a Lifetime Platinum Elite.

Been trying to see best seats for leg room on 757-200 767-300 and 777-300ER over the various threads here.

The problems are; threads seem to be split by equipment not topic and lots of divergence into other areas, different things are important to different people, some want leg room, some want width, some want a movie screen, some want to be away from other pax etc.., people define things differently so some say this is a bulkhead and so has more room whereas Bulkheads have less legroom but more space with no seat in front. Also short posters describe as cavernous and complain about not being able to rest their feet where tall pax complain of loss of circulation.
Lastly virtual flyers or SeatGuru mavens seem to outnumber passengers.

What I want to set up is a thread where posters simply put Date Flown Equipment, Seat Number(s) good points, bad points. Nice and short with no trips down memory lane or how traveling with the family is fun if.....

E.G.

9/23/13 77W 16J + Great Legroom, MCE seats slightly wider - People congregate to use toilets, video screen in arm rest - no view

Then we scan spin through the posts and get the skinny fast.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi.....
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:28 am
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Greetings,

I have searched around the forums but haven't been able to find confirmation about TSA pre-check when travelling on AA codeshares. I'll be flying AS (AA flt. number) from SEA-ANC and return as part of a r/t BWI-DFW-SEA-ANC mileage run.

I have my trusted traveler number (from my GE membership) entered into my AAdvantage account, but will it be passed on to AS? I know it will be moot on the SEA-ANC leg but I am hoping to use it on the return originating in ANC.

If not, is it possible to call AS to add it to the reservation?

Apologies if this has been answered many times before. I am grateful for any assistance. Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by pH
Greetings,

I have searched around the forums but haven't been able to find confirmation about TSA pre-check when travelling on AA codeshares. I'll be flying AS (AA flt. number) from SEA-ANC and return as part of a r/t BWI-DFW-SEA-ANC mileage run.

I have my trusted traveler number (from my GE membership) entered into my AAdvantage account, but will it be passed on to AS? I know it will be moot on the SEA-ANC leg but I am hoping to use it on the return originating in ANC.

Apologies if this has been answered many times before. I am grateful for any assistance. Thanks!
I have been able to get TSA Pre-check when flying AS as an AA codeshare departing from SEA. If ANC has it set up, I don't see why you shouldn't get it.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:12 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pH
Greetings,

It will not pass through. Simply add it to your AS account. If you don't have one, make one.

I don't know how the codeshare aspect impacts this- will the AS site recognize the reservation enough to apply the Trusted Traveler? Not sure. But it won't be passed from AA to AS- pretty sure about that.

Since we fly Delta maybe once a year, I just made Delta account and added it

Cheers.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by brp
It will not pass through. Simply add it to your AS account. If you don't have one, make one.

I don't know how the codeshare aspect impacts this- will the AS site recognize the reservation enough to apply the Trusted Traveler? Not sure. But it won't be passed from AA to AS- pretty sure about that.

Since we fly Delta maybe once a year, I just made Delta account and added it

Cheers.
I have been able to book a ticket on AS metal on AA.com, then when I checked in with AS, my ticket was coded so I was eligible to use the TSA Pre-check lines. I don't have an AS account. I think some amount of passing through happens. I doubt this would have worked if I purchased from the AS site.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:38 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I have been able to book a ticket on AS metal on AA.com, then when I checked in with AS, my ticket was coded so I was eligible to use the TSA Pre-check lines. I don't have an AS account. I think some amount of passing through happens. I doubt this would have worked if I purchased from the AS site.
I stand corrected (glad I downgraded to "pretty sure" ). Thanks. Was this an AA codeshare number on the AS metal, or AS number that you happened to purchase on AA.com? We routinely purchase AS flights, but usually the AS number (and usually through AS.com, but worth checking).

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.