Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another disappointing AA F experience... [international 777]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: AAEXP4MM, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier/Lifetime Platinum, AVG Joe "nobody" everywhere else ; )
Originally Posted by richarddd
Has AA ever published this "expectation" in a manner generally available to the public, such as an advertisement?
You are kidding, right ?
It is published for their employees...it is a simple gesture and global aviation industry standard since the flying boats... do you think that "the we will address you by name in First service" is something that they really need to advertise ? ...and even if they did, their legal dept would advise against it, as it is for sure hit or miss on delivery....I have 25 years in aviation with cabin safety and service consulting/training/management for airlines on every continent except Antarctica and I have NEVER seen a carrier that does not publish this directive for its employees in premium cabins...it is simple and costs nothing...
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: AAEXP4MM, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier/Lifetime Platinum, AVG Joe "nobody" everywhere else ; )
Originally Posted by scubadu
Of course, as clearly stated, the OP was flying on an award ticket, not full fare.

Regards
Meaning WHAT ? he has to row the ship or help in the galley?

Do you think his crew would note on the manifest who paid full fare and decide to address them by name ?

Does OP deserve an inferior experience because mileage ticket ?
No, OP deserves an inferior experience because it is AA First, I suppose.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:09 am
Suspended

Do you really believe and take verbatim all marketing and advertising hype that you read or watch? Seriously? Do you hold EVERY SINGLE other vendor that you transact business with to the same standards you hold airlines? Do you familiarize yourself with the "rulebooks" and quote them verbatim, of every other service entity or organization that you do business with?

It's about being welcoming and friendly, appreciating the customer…Have you caught the new AA safety video by the way? @:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3e0WSiBti8
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
Deride? Not so much. I don't doubt that most had the experiences that they report. I just indicate my experiences, which are in contrast to theirs.

Agenda? Can't think of any reason I'd have to lie about this, so unlikely.

Cheers.
Do you mean singular CX F experience?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:17 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Was referring to the part of your post I quoted (you may want to go back and reread my post that you quoted) about AA experiences.

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Clipper110A
You are kidding, right ?
It is published for their employees...it is a simple gesture and global aviation industry standard since the flying boats... do you think that "the we will address you by name in First service" is something that they really need to advertise ? ...and even if they did, their legal dept would advise against it, as it is for sure hit or miss on delivery....I have 25 years in aviation with cabin safety and service consulting/training/management for airlines on every continent except Antarctica and I have NEVER seen a carrier that does not publish this directive for its employees in premium cabins...it is simple and costs nothing...
Rephrasing, your answer to "Has AA ever published this "expectation" in a manner generally available to the public, such as an advertisement?" is:

shorter version: No

longer version: They've included it in internal documents, but not in public documents
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
Was referring to the part of your post I quoted (you may want to go back and reread my post that you quoted) about AA experiences.

Cheers.
wasn't clear. most people who have one singular experience on an airline that is mainly contrary everyone else's experiences don't keep re-posting say 50 + times in a forum where members are supposed to provide helpful insights.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Ummm... actually, yes to both. I've done quite a bit of the electrical prep work in consultation with the electrian and have done good bits of the plumbing prep work as well. And since my plumber is installing a bath tub but will likely be coming alone I'll probably even help him carry the tub in.

Futhermore, I'll be courteous to him, whether he uses my name or not, just because that's how I roll, not because it's a "duty."

Because this is a public forum and my point of view and ability to ask whatever questions I'd like (as long as it's within the bounds of FT's T&Cs) is as justified as any other crackpot around here.

Regards
Ok, great, so you're a DIY'r, that's great. You claim in an earlier post to be in some silent majority around here. I contest that you are in an outspoken minority, as the vast majority of us probably don't want to reciprocate the FA's duties, serving our own drinks, getting our own bedding, etc. I also contest that the extreme vast majority of Americans paying plumbers and electricians to perform a service do not assist in any aspect of that job at all.

You also said:
Then STOP transferring money from your account to AA's. Yes, it's that simple, no whining, no gnashing of teeth, no FT threads; pick up your marbles and take them to an airline that you believe meets the needs, expectations, and requirements for you to transfer your hard earned money from your account to theirs. Why is that concept so incredibly difficult to grasp in this forum?
Then you go on to tell me that this is a public forum and you have the right to say whatever you want. Which is it? Is everyone allowed to post how they feel, what they think, or just you?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:58 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wasn't clear. most people who have one singular experience on an airline that is mainly contrary everyone else's experiences don't keep re-posting say 50 + times in a forum where members are supposed to provide helpful insights.
The post in question was about experiences on AA where I have far more than a single experience. With 60+ segments yearly, I think that my experiences are statistically valid.

You appear to be talking about something I wasn't addressing.

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
I have flown a 5 star carrier - CX F.

The food and beverage were considerably to substantially better than AA F.

The service was marginally worse, overall.

Cheers.
This was your post in this thread I am making reference to. Pretty clear.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:10 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was your post in this thread I am making reference to. Pretty clear.
Seriously, just track through the post history to see what I did, and didn't, respond. You made a CX reference to a post where I was talking about AA. I have many experiences on AA.

Here, I've done it for you.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by brp

Plus you regularly deride others who have multiple inferior experiences on AA as regular fliers.

Any agenda?
Deride? Not so much. I don't doubt that most had the experiences that they report. I just indicate my experiences, which are in contrast to theirs.

Agenda? Can't think of any reason I'd have to lie about this, so unlikely.

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:16 am
Suspended

You have one CX F flight in your life as your total sample where you find the FAs were "too attentive" and every thread you want to propose that CX service is inferior to AA?

Plus you regularly deride others who have multiple inferior experiences on AA as regular fliers.

Any agenda?
This was my post your responded to - pretty clear it covered both CX and AA - although you edited out the part that makes it evident.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by brp
The post in question was about experiences on AA where I have far more than a single experience. With 60+ segments yearly, I think that my experiences are statistically valid.

You appear to be talking about something I wasn't addressing.

Cheers.

To brp and all the others that say that their numerous experiences in J have always been adequate or better. Just one question here, and I am just trying to understand your point of view. In the context of International AA 3 Class service:

Do you think that the service in F should be anything better than in J? What would make you say, "wow, what a difference!". What should be the standard of service in F? And what would be the main differences to the standard of service in J?
Or would you expect nothing else in F, as compared to J , other than the better seat and related amenities (bed topper, etc) so you will be happy as long as your drink gets refilled?

Ok. it was more than one question, but it is the same question in a way

Last edited by carlosdca; Jun 10, 2012 at 11:40 am
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was my post your responded to - pretty clear it covered both CX and AA - although you edited out the part that makes it evident.
Yes, and responded to the part I chose to respond to. There was (and still is) no point to be made about the remainder that has not already been made. But thank you for playing. You will receive the FT home version as a consolation prize

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by brp
Yes, and responded to the part I chose to respond to. There was (and still is) no point to be made about the remainder that has not already been made. But thank you for playing. You will receive the FT home version as a consolation prize

Cheers.

Omg. That is amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.