Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by Stripe
Say I apply for the card this afternoon and get approved. How quickly will I be able to use the club? Do I need to wait until I receive the physical card or is my membership in the system right away (or the next day)?
We can check our membership status by on-line.

https://premium.aa.com/eloyalty_enu/...Y&OptIn=ADMMEM

(the password should be same as the one for AA.com)

If the membership is already in the system, we will see something like this.

Membership Duration: 1-Year Citi AADV Exec CC Membership
As others already posted, I was able to access ACs without showing the Exec card many times.

Interestingly, whenever I showed the card at AC , agents always swiped it though.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:09 pm

Is there any clarity on how long it takes for the bonus 10,000 EQMs to post after reaching $40,000 in spend? It's been at least three weeks and I haven't yet received the bonus.
Old May 24, 2013, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Phasers
Originally Posted by theflyingfox
Has anyone who has received a Citibank AAdvantage MC/VISA/AMEX within the past six months/one year APPLIED (not converted) for this new CitiExecutive World Mastercard and been approved with the bonus.

I received a CitiAMEX in June2011 and am wondering if I will get denied as not a first time cardholder.
Yes, you can. I just did and was approved yesterday.
Does this still work today? With the new Admirals Club 50K offer?
Old May 26, 2013, 1:02 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by LetsGoToo
Originally Posted by norf9
Thanks for the response. It looks like I need to call Citi.
Last year it took 7 1/2 weeks to post the miles for my spend. The e-mail showed up 2 days after the mileage posted.
I called Citi and was told that since my statement closed on 5/7, I should see the EQM posted by Friday. We'll see. This is the second statement closing since I hit $40k in spending.
To update, the 10k EQM finally posted today to my AA account. It was about 8 weeks from hitting $40k in spending.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
To update, the 10k EQM finally posted today to my AA account. It was about 8 weeks from hitting $40k in spending.
I seem to be luckier than most, mine only took about a month. It happened to be the same day my miles posted (for the following month's statement)
Old May 28, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
about a month

Dear XXX

Your Elite Qualifying Miles
Have Posted To Your AAdvantage® Account
Your spending activity on your Citi® ExecutiveSM / AAdvantage® credit card has earned you 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs)! A total of 10,000 EQMs have been added to your American Airlines AAdvantage® account. These EQMs count toward qualification for AAdvantage® elite status for this coming year. Please click here to learn more about our AAdvantage® elite program.
Old May 28, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by norf9
Thanks for the response. It looks like I need to call Citi.
Last year it took 7 1/2 weeks to post the miles for my spend. The e-mail showed up 2 days after the mileage posted.
I called Citi and was told that since my statement closed on 5/7, I should see the EQM posted by Friday. We'll see. This is the second statement closing since I hit $40k in spending.
I got the email today -- about two days after they posted.
Old May 28, 2013, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
I got the email today -- about two days after they posted.
+1, exactly.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

I just got a solicitation from Citigold to upgrade my Platinum Mastercard to the Executive Card. With citigold checking and waived $95 fee on the Citi Platinum Mastercard, I can't understand why anyone would prefer the Executive Card over an Amex Platinum. While I primarily fly AA and make use of the Admirals Clubs through the Amex, I also on occasion fly Delta and US Air and would never give up the benefit of club access for both of those airlines, especially without elite status on either or them. This card should have come out before Amex picked up the AC as one of its covered lounges. Then I would have jumped all over it. Way too little way too late. Seems like this is really only for those who still actually buy an AC membership or need those extra 10k EQM and don't want to so MR's (and of course want to commit to $40k spend). Starwood Amex + SPG platinum, AA Platinum MC + AAdvantage PLT (with CitiGold fee waiver) and Amex Corporate PLT are the 3 card in my wallet...only thing that might lure an upgrade to Executive MC might be 20k EQM, though I hope they don't do that since it'll dilute the elite ranks just like Delta does.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
10K EQM /$40K may become moot if AA introduce $$$ requirements for elite qualification.

On the other hand, if $$$ requirement is waived for the holders, the value of this card will be sky rocketted.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
10K EQM /$40K may become moot if AA introduce $$$ requirements for elite qualification.

On the other hand, if $$$ requirement is waived for the holders, the value of this card will be sky rocketted.
I think it's fairly likely AA will have such a waiver. Anybody putting 40k+ on a Citi Exec card is probably a customer they like.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nall
I think it's fairly likely AA will have such a waiver. Anybody putting 40k+ on a Citi Exec card is probably a customer they like.
If they don't then they may as well withdraw the card from circulation IMO.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Stripy
Originally Posted by nall
If they don't then they may as well withdraw the card from circulation IMO.
I agree. If that happens it'll be worthless except the AC membership.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Questiion about Citi AAvantage Accident Insurance

I received the offer for the Citi Executive AAvantage World Elite card

The $450 is not bad considering I pay $350 for Admirals Club anyway.

The no international transaction fees is a saver too.

But the one think I can not confirm is the travel accident insurance.

Via my current card I get $1 million in death benefit when I buy the ticket with the card with no fee, I get the Collision damage waiver when I reserve the car with the card.

Does anyone know what the amounts are with the AA Citi Card?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by jsintexas
The no international transaction fees is a saver too.
Chase/UA appear to have dropped this 3% vig on the base card ($95 annual fee); wonder if Citi/AA will follow suit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.