Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (new MM benefit poll added)

I know, why don't we all keep posting about this on a thread that we know AA reads just in case it's a glitch....that will give them a chance to rectify this.

Could a mod delete these posts?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 4:48 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I would assume that they're subscribed to the thread (and/or that they would figure it out pretty quick anyway), so deleting posts would be pointless.

Perhaps they realize the negative impact that discontinuing would have, and they're in the process of changing the policy.

I had planned on drastically cutting back my spending on this card (and perhaps getting rid of it), but if they're going to continue counting miles towards million miler status, I may start using it regularly again.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:29 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
My February 14 statement miles posted today and did not count towards million miler status.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by Stripy
I know, why don't we all keep posting about this on a thread that we know AA reads just in case it's a glitch....that will give them a chance to rectify this.

This isn't a "trick it" thread; this is a passive glitch we didn't ask for, that may or may not be corrected.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:20 am

i thought i would chime in here. I also signed up mostly for the EQM miles. I signed up in Sept of last year and crossed the 40K spend on Dec. 9th, just a couple weeks short of billing cycle

while i have gotten all miles for spending and the bonus sign up miles. the EQM miles have not shown up yet. In addition, I have already once again crossed 40K spend limit for this year. As Mastercard rep explained it, I should have 10K EQM from last year and 10K EQM from this year posted to my account.

Mastercard rep is supposed to call American to get this straitened out and added to my AA account. I also did verify that the EQM miles stay on my American account permanently, so they do accrue. All I want to do is hit the 50K EQM mark. I was/am willing to spend the $450 a year to get there in 5 years. We travel a lot internationally and it would be worth 2.5K to us. Unless they change the program.....again

I had 333K MM miles which hasn't budged in years as we always have more than enough reward miles to travel.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by someguyintx
the EQM miles have not shown up yet.
Where did you check your EQM in your account on AA.com?

Bonus 10K EQM is NEVER showed up in "Mileage Activity", just increases your "YTD Elite Qualifying Miles" by 10k.

Did you get a congrat email from AA? I received the 10K EQM congrat email after I spent $40K last year.

Your 10K EQM should have increased your "YTD Elite Qualifying Miles" by 10K in your end of Dec summary(select "January 2013" under "summary date" at the pull down menu).
Again, bonus 10k EQM is never shown up in the "Mileage Activity",so you may need to do some math to check if AA actually posted the 10K EQM or not.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
All I want to do is hit the 50K EQM mark. I was/am willing to spend the $450 a year to get there in 5 years. We travel a lot internationally and it would be worth 2.5K to us.
I'm confused by this statement. Why are you interested in paying $2.5k to accrue 50k EQM over 5 years? You need 50k EQM in one year to get AA PLT but you can only get max toward that of 10k EQM from this offer.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
I also did verify that the EQM miles stay on my American account permanently, so they do accrue.
And this sentence is hard to understand for me.
I am afraid Op have a misunderstanding of the T&C.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
I'm confused by this statement. Why are you interested in paying $2.5k to accrue 50k EQM over 5 years? You need 50k EQM in one year to get AA PLT but you can only get max toward that of 10k EQM from this offer.
Is he implying that the 50k stays forever and once he hits 50k EQM, he'll be at 50k EQM every year?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Is he implying that the 50k stays forever and once he hits 50k EQM, he'll be at 50k EQM every year?
My fear is that it's something like that and would like help him make sure he clearly understands the benefits of the card before continuing to pay the annual fee. We won't know until he clarifies.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
My apologies if this has been asked before. Everyone talks about 10,000 EQMs after crossing $40,000 in spend, but I assume EQPs go up by 10,000 as well? I expect to requalify for EXP using the EQP route
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by edrags
My apologies if this has been asked before. Everyone talks about 10,000 EQMs after crossing $40,000 in spend, but I assume EQPs go up by 10,000 as well? I expect to requalify for EXP using the EQP route
Pretty sure it's EQM only. No EQP/EQS.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by nall
Pretty sure it's EQM only. No EQP/EQS.
Absolutely correct (at least in my experience for the past couple of years...)
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I also did verify that the EQM miles stay on my American account permanently, so they do accrue.
Unfortunately that isn't true. EQMs build up over a calendar year and then reset back to zero on 1 Jan of every year.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:13 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Stripy

I just looked at my account and it looks like they ran a "fix" however instead of taking 1324 miles out they took over 5000. I haven't had time to figure out what they did wrong. However it put me back under 8million for a week but it left the 8mm badge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.