Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 7:35 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by LetsGoToo
Just for a point of reference, I hit the $40k in spend about six weeks ago and still haven't seen the 10k EQMs posted to my AAdvantage account. I'll update when I do.
Mine showed up before my next statement hit.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by abk
Just for a point of reference, I hit the $40k in spend about six weeks ago and still haven't seen the 10k EQMs posted to my AAdvantage account. I'll update when I do.
Mine showed up before my next statement hit.
Thanks for the response. It looks like I need to call Citi.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
The 10K bonus EQM doesn't show up "Mileage Activity", so we need to check "YTD Elite Qualifying Miles" counter manually.

Also we receive the congrats email from AAdvantage.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Last year it took 7 1/2 weeks to post the miles for my spend. The e-mail showed up 2 days after the mileage posted.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by norf9
Last year it took 7 1/2 weeks to post the miles for my spend. The e-mail showed up 2 days after the mileage posted.
I called Citi and was told that since my statement closed on 5/7, I should see the EQM posted by Friday. We'll see. This is the second statement closing since I hit $40k in spending.
Old May 8, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Does anyone know whether the 10,000 EQM from this card count towards Elite Rewards?
Old May 13, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
When does AC membership become effective?

Say I apply for the card this afternoon and get approved. How quickly will I be able to use the club? Do I need to wait until I receive the physical card or is my membership in the system right away (or the next day)?
Old May 14, 2013, 8:22 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I noted posts in this (huge) thread questioning whether the 10K eqm perk also counts in the MM bank--even if it did it would only be a miniscule amount toward attaining MM. Under AA's "new" counting system, only BIS (=flying miles) count. So if you got 100,000/yr (enough for Executive Platinum=EXP), it would take 10 years to reach 1 MM (and you would attain "lifetime" gold, for the life of the program, which might change after the merger is complete(?). At this rate to get to 2MM, it would take 20 years...
Old May 14, 2013, 10:30 am

Would it be a poor idea to apply for this card now, in light of what new offerings may pop up after the merger is complete? Is it even likely that Citi will have new offerings once the merger is done?
Old May 15, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Stripe
Say I apply for the card this afternoon and get approved. How quickly will I be able to use the club? Do I need to wait until I receive the physical card or is my membership in the system right away (or the next day)?
I believe you need the card in hand to get into the AC. From what I remember they overnight mail the card to you so you should get it fairly quickly.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by terminator33
I believe you need the card in hand to get into the AC.
If that's the procedure, I would say most agents don't seem to require it.

It definitely seems quicker to get in by just handing them the card, however.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nall
If that's the procedure, I would say most agents don't seem to require it.

It definitely seems quicker to get in by just handing them the card, however.
When I first started using the card in late 2011, the AC receptionists didn't know what to do with it. As they became more familiar over the next couple of months, they explicitly did NOT want to see the card -- they need your AAdvantage # and a picture ID. I've not pulled the card out in ages.

Bob.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JRomulus
As long as they keep the price of the card roughly equivalent to an Admiral's club membership it should do OK.

For those who don't travel or use the Admiral's club frequently, it's not a good deal. For those of us who do and traded in our Admiral's Club card for the Citi Exec. MC, we're getting a lot more than we used to.

Now I give my $ to Citi and get more benefits along with the annual membership.
Not sure why, but the fee was waived on my Exec card. I'm Citigold, which automatically waives annual fees from their credit cards, but I wasn't expecting it on the Exec. Shhhhh!
Old May 15, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by rxlawdude
Not sure why, but the fee was waived on my Exec card. I'm Citigold, which automatically waives annual fees from their credit cards, but I wasn't expecting it on the Exec. Shhhhh!
My fee was not waived last Sep
I was(am) citigold and my spending on this card was about $60K last year.
Old May 15, 2013, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by rxlawdude
When I first started using the card in late 2011, the AC receptionists didn't know what to do with it. As they became more familiar over the next couple of months, they explicitly did NOT want to see the card -- they need your AAdvantage # and a picture ID. I've not pulled the card out in ages.
I've had the card out once or twice when using the AC and not flying AA; otherwise, I just hand them my BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.