Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If AA Citi Exec MC purchases no longer count toward Million Miler status after 2012:
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely keep my card - other benefits worth it
7.45%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably keep my card
6.83%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I'm not sure yet if I will keep or cancel my card
14.29%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will probably cancel my card
16.15%
Obtained card on/before Nov 30, 2011: I will definitely cancel my card - other benefits not worth it
28.57%
Obtained card after Nov 30, 2011: I'm already ineligible for this benefit anyways
4.97%
I'm not a cardholder: I would enroll if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
13.66%
I'm not a cardholder: I would not enroll even if this benefit were offered for new cardholders
1.86%
I'm not a cardholder: I just want to see the poll results
6.21%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Archive: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (& MM poll)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bosman
I called to cancel my card today. Retention offer was, IMHO, pretty lame: $50 statement credit + 750 bonus miles every billing cycle I exceed $750 in spend for 16 cycles (total 12k potential bonus miles). I declined. I assumed their hands may be a bit tied given the cost of the AC benefit, but it seems like this will be a product they will struggle to keep people coming back to. Seems like it mostly makes sense for folks who fly frequently enough to justify the AC benefit but not quite enough to hit the next elite level w/o the 10k EQM bonus after $40k spend.
With the new Elite Bonus milestones that AA introduced the 10k EQM may also be an incentive if you're likely to fall just short - I'm thinking mainly about the milestones that earn SWUs.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Data point: 10k EQM posted 3 weeks after statement closed.

So infuriating that you don't get any EQP at all.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 4:59 pm

If you have to MR to get to EXP (or an elite reward), this can be a very useful card.

However, if the existing Barclays cards are kept, I'd drop it in a heartbeat. Their cards give you 10k EQM after $25k spend and have a $89 annual fee plus some other fun benefits.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by nall
If you have to MR to get to EXP (or an elite reward), this can be a very useful card.

However, if the existing Barclays cards are kept, I'd drop it in a heartbeat. Their cards give you 10k EQM after $25k spend and have a $89 annual fee plus some other fun benefits.
I wonder if, until programs are fully merged, it will be possible to get both cards: easy 20k EQM for only $65k spend. This would work nicely if EQM can be moved/shared between the programs.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
I wonder if, until programs are fully merged, it will be possible to get both cards: easy 20k EQM for only $65k spend. This would work nicely if EQM can be moved/shared between the programs.
Gee ... I hope that is the case since I will have both ... that would be awesome! ... 20K EQM on $65K .... to quote the great Charlie Sheen ... Winning!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by SJC AA

Mine posted yesterday or today, about 8 days after my statement date.

I'm wondering if they just do them all at the same time every month, and the timing is not related to your individual statement closing date.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by SJC AA

woohoo! 10K EQMs just posted about 2 weeks after statement date, getting me up to 101K EQMs for the year (just squeaking by). 2014 will be my 7th year as EXP.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
I'm pretty sure mine just posted in the last day or two; my qualifying statement closed on the 4th. Maybe they're doing monthly sweeps, as that sounds a little quick.

Either that, or I miscalculated and didn't really need the 10K EQM -- but I'm pretty sure it just cleared. No notice yet from either AA or Citi that it's done so.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:36 pm

Does the card give you Priority Access at both security and the gate? Or is it that bogus priority that means Group 1 boarding and no expedited security?

To me, the shorter security line has meant the different between making/missing flights and it's always nice when traveling with the family. I've done mileage runs just to maintain status to get that amenity. But if this card gives that privilege, the annual fee beats the cost of the MR.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
You get Priority Access at both.

Originally Posted by thewhitezone
Does the card give you Priority Access at both security and the gate? Or is it that bogus priority that means Group 1 boarding and no expedited security?

To me, the shorter security line has meant the different between making/missing flights and it's always nice when traveling with the family. I've done mileage runs just to maintain status to get that amenity. But if this card gives that privilege, the annual fee beats the cost of the MR.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat

Yup, priorityaaccess is included. As a non elite, I'd actually find this card a great deal, if only I wasn't constantly flying on intl premium award tickets that get me priority access and lounge access anyways with the ticket!
Old Dec 7, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Generally how long does CitiBank require you to wait before reapplying for a new card? I have a Citi Card I have had since March and am thinking of Cancelling before the fee comes due. I am assuming that the Barclays US MasterCard will go away and at some point in 2014/2015 I will want the Citi card again.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:30 pm

Has anyone with a non-Executive Citi AAdvantage card gotten this 60K Executive offer successfully?

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...C002F6E7289375
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
Has anyone with a non-Executive Citi AAdvantage card gotten this 60K Executive offer successfully?

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...C002F6E7289375

That's what I was about to ask. I just got my most recent AA Citi Visa Platinum over the summer. Do I have to wait 18 months if I want to apply for the Exec card also?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:26 am
Suspended

That's what I was about to ask. I just got my most recent AA Citi Visa Platinum over the summer. Do I have to wait 18 months if I want to apply for the Exec card also?
Dropped in to ask the very same question. Also, can I get a second card with somebody else's name but linked to my account?

I've has the AA Citi Visa Platinum card for maybe 6 months at the most.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.