Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by AAmlgm8r
That raises a question in my mind. For anyone who has purchased the cards at Costco, is there any disclaimer that these cards are not eligible for the typical 2% back to Costco Executive Members? I know that disclaimer applies to the purchase of postage stamps, but that may be some governmental/USPS regulation.

AAmlgm8r
I was specifically encouraged to upgrade to the Executive Membership because I was buying so many AA Gift Cards.

Also, for anybody in PA, I called the King of Prussia store today - they have them in stock.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat., BFD
Originally Posted by sts603
I was specifically encouraged to upgrade to the Executive Membership because I was buying so many AA Gift Cards.

Also, for anybody in PA, I called the King of Prussia store today - they have them in stock.

Thanks, good to know. Now I just have to schlep to Queens to get my hands on some.

AAmlgm8r
Old Dec 24, 2011, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AAmlgm8r
For anyone who has purchased the cards at Costco, is there any disclaimer that these cards are not eligible for the typical 2% back to Costco Executive Members?
I got the 2% last membership year.

I asked at the Service Desk yesterday what my spend this year has been and what my expected 2% refund is, and it is still in effect.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Visited our local Costco this afternoon and was told that they do not carry the AA gift cards
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Visited our local Costco this afternoon and was told that they do not carry the AA gift cards
Care to share the location of your local Costco?

Also, did you ask them to check other warehouses in your area? Even in the SF Bay Area, not all of them carry them, but several do.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:46 pm

i just got some at King of Prussia today.

If anyone want any. I can help people buy some. Just PM me.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Of the 20 or so Costcos in Chicagoland, about 2-3 usually have them. None in TX that I have heard of. It's sort of a pilot program in various spots I have been told. Call your local store and ask for Item #576515 and if they don't carry them, they can tell you which stores within their area do, if any.

Originally Posted by peeyurr
i just got some at King of Prussia today.

If anyone want any. I can help people buy some. Just PM me.
+1.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Dec 24, 2011 at 4:35 pm
Old Dec 24, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Chicagoland Area

Niles, IL Costco had plenty this morning!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Care to share the location of your local Costco?

Also, did you ask them to check other warehouses in your area? Even in the SF Bay Area, not all of them carry them, but several do.
I checked with the one that we've got in Littleton, CO. Manager said that they've never carried the cards. I did not have the item # with me at that time, or I'd have asked him to check other locations..

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Of the 20 or so Costcos in Chicagoland, about 2-3 usually have them. None in TX that I have heard of. It's sort of a pilot program in various spots I have been told. Call your local store and ask for Item #576515 and if they don't carry them, they can tell you which stores within their area do, if any.
Thanks for the item # ^ I'll give the store a call on the 26th.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Marriott Ambassador
CLT - Tyvola had them yesterday.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, US, DL
Any fll or mia costco ?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by gators93
CLT - Tyvola had them yesterday.
Fantastic, finally! And I'm flying to CLT tomorrow...

Edit to add - went by this morning on the way from the airport. It took a while to find the gift card display, it was towards the back near the food, not up front as at other Costcos I've been to. I didn't ask about inventory, but there were a ton of the placards on display. I bought 4, the cashier commented that someone yesterday had bought 10...

Last edited by swag; Dec 29, 2011 at 11:45 am
Old Dec 28, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I bought 30 GC at the lakewood, ca costco. They have plenty left.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by gizmodell
Niles, IL Costco had plenty this morning!
Is it the one by the Leaning Tower YMCA? I went to that Costco a few months ago (IIRC November) and they didn't carry it at the time. I had to go to the Costco up north.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sonesta Elite, IHG Platinum, Frontier 100K
I can say that neither Duluth or Brookhaven in GA carry them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.