Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:09 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Unrelated question for the "Costco" experts...

Is there a way to track your total Costco spend for the 2% Executive member rebate? Does the Costco membership desk have easy access to that if they look up your account?
Yup - the membership desk can look that up for you easily. (Or I think you can find one of the people with handheld scanners that go around scanning people's cards to try to upsell customers to the Executive membership.)
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:37 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Yesterday in north San Diego area in stock at Poway on Scripps-Poway Parkway, not carried at Carmel Mountain Ranch. Both locations "get it" and are quite familiar with the cards and who has them and the fact that some of us want lots of them.

Also a notice attached to the cardboard display noting that although in bankruptcy AA is not going out of business, the cards have no expiration and are returnable.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Thumbs up Available in Boston Area finally!

I was at Waltham, MA Costco this morning and they have a large display of the cards. Purchased another stash without issue. Per the manager on duty, they are also available at the Danvers & Everett locations.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gemac
Costco just put these in at my local Costco store - just in time, as I am running out of the big stack that I bought in SJC on a trip there last summer.
Btw, are you referring to the Manchester location? I was in STL at Thanksgiving and they didn't have them but responded promptly to my suggestion box entry.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA GLD
Costco in the NY area does not sell AA GC ... can anyone help on how far I have to go to get them? Any body here from nearby states that can help ...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:01 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by foxberg
Are you sure? I was there right before the New Year and I thought they'd run out of them.
I purchased 4 today, 1/4/12 at 12 noon. They have a wall of placards (with AA and the bar code)--how this translates into actual gc availability I can't say.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:03 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nareshs
Costco in the NY area does not sell AA GC ... can anyone help on how far I have to go to get them? Any body here from nearby states that can help ...
See my post #831--Rego Park, Queens has them.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA GLD
Thanks for the tip ... I will check it out this weekend.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat
Originally Posted by nareshs
Saw them at the Costco in Rego Park, Queens & Costco in East Harlem + 125th. Call them and ask to see if they still have it in stock...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:54 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
I was at Waltham, MA Costco this morning and they have a large display of the cards. Purchased another stash without issue. Per the manager on duty, they are also available at the Danvers & Everett locations.
I was just at the Waltham Costco about 30 min ago. I actually remember seeing them towards the end of last year at that location. (I didn't end up buying any since I'm still working on my stashes that I bought in DC and ATL.)
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by nrr
I purchased 4 today, 1/4/12 at 12 noon. They have a wall of placards (with AA and the bar code)--how this translates into actual gc availability I can't say.
I was looking for those placards and didn't see them. Maybe they moved them from the usual place. But it's nice to know they still have them. Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by JY1024
I was just at the Waltham Costco about 30 min ago. I actually remember seeing them towards the end of last year at that location. (I didn't end up buying any since I'm still working on my stashes that I bought in DC and ATL.)
Ahhhh finally. Time to dust off the old AAdvantage AMEX.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I was looking for those placards and didn't see them. Maybe they moved them from the usual place. But it's nice to know they still have them. Thanks!
No need for the placard, just pull the photo on post #813 to your cell, it has the stocking number and bar code. Any cashier should be able to pull the product up with that, if they have any, and you are good to go. There is NO relationship to the number of placards and cards in stock (if any). You tell them how many you want at checkout.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:21 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When you enter the store, you make a left turn heading towards the exit lanes, and the first beam had aa gc's on the side facing "you"--there were other gc's on other sides of that beam. [This is along the first main shopping aisle.]
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
I keep missing you and Blumie as you always post how you were just there too. It's good to know they have them and let's hope it lasts. I wish they'd bring back the Hyatt certs (and FFN offers) but thats another story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.