Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Sure, why not, only because you said "Thanks."

Promo thread
Thanks, completely forgotten about this thread. Oh, well, next time.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by foxberg
I thought it would only count once no matter how many Costco stores you'd shop at? But maybe you are right.
I would think that each Costco counts as a separate merchant. I hope so because I just registered a whole bunch of Amex Cards and will start visiting Costcos on Feb 1 to collect AA gift cards for our upcoming trip!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by sent
I would think that each Costco counts as a separate merchant. I hope so because I just registered a whole bunch of Amex Cards and will start visiting Costcos on Feb 1 to collect AA gift cards for our upcoming trip!
Do you think I can register an additional card member's card as well?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:14 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wesmanz
Anything near ORD ? I'm heading that way and will have a ~3hr layover until the flight back to SFO.

--wes
The Glenview location, which has AA gift cards, is about 20 min north of ORD if you have a car - just take 294 North to Willow road and go east on Willow.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by Sagy
The Glenview location, which has AA gift cards, is about 20 min north of ORD if you have a car - just take 294 North to Willow road and go east on Willow.
That's still "pushing it" if one needs to rent a car, drive to Costco, drive back, return the car and get back to the terminal.

Also, traffic on the 294 can be absolutely horrible, especially during the morning/evening commute.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going to have a problem with the "8 certs per trip" for a family trip this summer.

Any reason I can't just split the four of us into two parties of two, and book with these certs, and then call AA to combine the whole thing? The key is, I really need to use the two SWUs for the two adults in the trip, but I don't want to book the two kids separately for fear that they'll get stuck with the unaccompanied minor extra surcharge since they're both under 15. But I want the adults to get into business, with the kids in good seats in coach due to my Platinum status.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jacobin777
That's still "pushing it" if one needs to rent a car, drive to Costco, drive back, return the car and get back to the terminal.

Also, traffic on the 294 can be absolutely horrible, especially during the morning/evening commute.
It's much easier to find a friendly Costco member who will get the cards and resell them to you at cost.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
For South Bay LA residents, there were a bunch of 10% off AA gift cards at the Costco Hawthorne. Picked some up myself, limit 8 per customer.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by kebosabi
For South Bay LA residents, there were a bunch of 10% off AA gift cards at the Costco Hawthorne. Picked some up myself, limit 8 per customer.
NO, NO, NO, you can buy as many as you wish. You can't apply more than eight to a single rez.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks.. I land in LAX for a mileage run this Friday. I'll go to this Costco when I land.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:40 pm

I believe the purchase 8 limit was dispelled many times in this thread already.

I just got 10 in the Marina Del Rey Costco last weekend.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by sent
I would think that each Costco counts as a separate merchant.
I hope so because I just registered a whole bunch of Amex Cards
and will start visiting Costcos on Feb 1 to collect AA gift cards for our upcoming trip!
I just registered only one Amex CC(SPG) as I found below in the offer terms.

To be eligible for this offer, you must register any eligible American Express Card at amexnetwork.com/getmore
between January 18, 2012 and February 29, 2012. Registration is limited to the first 15,000 enrollees.
You may only register one Card for this offer.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Originally Posted by gtonthebus
The Rego Park, Queens, NY location still has 'em, as has been reported before.
Costco@Manhattan still had them today.

The location of the GC was moved to far inside of the store in the food section.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Shawn02139
Just bought five of these in Everett Costco in Boston.

I guess this is cheap financing for AA while they are in bankruptcy...
I got 8 AA gift cards from Everett, MA on Saturday. They said they've had them for 2 months now.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:17 pm

I don't fly AA, but if you are in the Twin Cities I saw them at the St Louis Park and Maplewood Costcos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.