Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by JY1024
Yup - the membership desk can look that up for you easily. (Or I think you can find one of the people with handheld scanners that go around scanning people's cards to try to upsell customers to the Executive membership.)
Membership desk is the most accurate snapshot as they will give you a year to date summary of your rebate...

Seen several stacks of these in the SFO area recently... but haven't been compelled to purchase AAny tickets yet.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I really wonder why these cards aren't a nationwide option at Costco? I've been waiting since the beginning of this thread highlighting them for them to show up in Austin.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I really wonder why these cards aren't a nationwide option at Costco? I've been waiting since the beginning of this thread highlighting them for them to show up in Austin.
Perhaps AA is purposely restricting the sale near its own fortress hubs (such as DFW or MIA, and maybe nearby areas), in order to avoid giving discounts to its own hub captives.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:49 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Not only do you now have the Costco stock number, but the bar code too! Now download it to your cell phone. I have not tried using the barcode, but the stock number should work. Just take this photo to the cashier and you should be good to go, if they have them, tell them how many you want and head over to Merchandise Pick Up (or elsewhere depending upon the warehouse).

I tried this just yesterday, and it did not work. I had a good image of the barcode, and she was not able to get it to read. I had the card with me as well, so was doing this as an experiment. Of course,the number would be enough, but the scan didn't work- at least in my case.

Cheers.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:47 am

Still available at the Costco in Rego Park, New York. Anyone in the area that is interested.

Anyone know if there is a restriction on how many you can buy?

Last edited by WrLdTrvLnIndian; Jan 6, 2012 at 8:56 am
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by brp
I tried this just yesterday, and it did not work. I had a good image of the barcode, and she was not able to get it to read. I had the card with me as well, so was doing this as an experiment. Of course,the number would be enough, but the scan didn't work- at least in my case.

Cheers.
Sorry to hear that BRP. Although I have not tried it myself at Costco (shot the image at last purchase), I have been able to scan the image and get the same bar code number. Having the card is a good backup plan, but I would think the clerk could key in the Costco number also shown in the image. I wonder if a printed image would do better?

I find the warehouses don't always make it easy to find the cards and even their clerks have complained about having trouble directing us to the cards we want. I guess for those that are buying the GCs repeatedly, keeping a card would be a fair request. It's too bad they don't have the bar code on the card folder as well.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:55 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Sorry to hear that BRP. Although I have not tried it myself at Costco (shot the image at last purchase), I have been able to scan the image and get the same bar code number. Having the card is a good backup plan, but I would think the clerk could key in the Costco number also shown in the image. I wonder if a printed image would do better?
I was trying to say the same thing above- all they need is the number. While she couldn't scan the image, she said that I could just give her the SKU number and did not need the card.

Cheers.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by brp
I was trying to say the same thing above- all they need is the number. While she couldn't scan the image, she said that I could just give her the SKU number and did not need the card.

Cheers.
yupe, thanks to the image, i called up the costco and gave them the item number and verified that they had them in stock. picking up like 9 of them later this evening
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Now in the North Bay...

Costco in Novato has 'em.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
South Seattle Costco has plenty still
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
Marina Del Rey -

still has them..... combining them with a 10% discount code is fantastic.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just picked up a couple in Niles, IL. Nice deal.

I'm thinking I spent about $2000 on mileage runs to get back to ExecPlat. 10% cheaper re-qualification this year!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by clark_addison
Just picked up a couple in Niles, IL. Nice deal.

I'm thinking I spent about $2000 on mileage runs to get back to ExecPlat. 10% cheaper re-qualification this year!
This the one right by the Leaning Tower YMCA?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
yupe, thanks to the image, i called up the costco and gave them the item number and verified that they had them in stock. picking up like 9 of them later this evening
Just remember that you can only use 8 per reservation (not per passenger on a reservation).

Picked up 8 yesterday at the Chicago Lincoln Park store. When I told the cashier I wanted 8 she had this look like 'are you crazy?' and I wanted to say 'yes, I am crazy - I have to maintain my frequent flier status!'.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Cannonball Run
still has them..... combining them with a 10% discount code is fantastic.
Yup. Just got 10 of them today. Cashier asked where we were going with so many.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.