Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Gift Cards - Save 10% @ Costco [only remaining supply left - phasing out]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP / CK
Originally Posted by krazieman
Thanks.. I land in LAX for a mileage run this Friday. I'll go to this Costco when I land.
The one in Marina del Rey has them as well. And there's an In N Out in the parking lot. Maybe try that instead of 'lovely' Hawthorne?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
It's much easier to find a friendly Costco member who will get the cards and resell them to you at cost.
Probably an easier way to go.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA PLAT SPG DL
Can't use for upgrade fees or phone booking fees

Just a reminder, just booked two tickets each way, JFK-ORD-HNL HNL-ORD-EWR for June - upgrades available for each leg. Reserved the tickets via phone, as had to confirm availability with the hotel. Called back to ticket with gift cards, and
1) First rep said it wasn't possible, no way. Hung up and called back
2) Second rep was very helpful. But claimed and confirmed that the $25 each phone res fee had to be paid by CC, and the $175 UG Fee per tic per leg had to be paid by CC
3) Here is what she had to do to ticket - Take the UG's off the coach res. She could then ticket using Gift Cards. She had her supervisor note in the record that the UG 's were available, and that someone (In the mysterious back office) should add them to inventory if they did not recycle in when we called back in the next day or so after getting the email.
4) I had to wait until I got the e-mail showing ticketed, then call back.
Put the phone fee on Amex PT, the UG Fee on a mileage card.
It's done, I'm happy with the result, but what a way to spend part of Sunday.

But is there any way to put UG fees on gift cards?
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA, WN, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by fbnewyork
But is there any way to put UG fees on gift cards?
Nope.

From https://giftcards.aa.com/terms.jsp -

Gift Cards are redeemable toward the purchase of the base air fare and directly associated taxes, fees and charges that are collected as part of the fare calculation. Gift Cards may not be used for products and/or services that are sold separately, such as upgrades; Admirals Club membership enrollments or One-Day Passes; baggage fees; pet fees; unaccompanied minor fees; oxygen fees; ticketing fees for transactions processed through American Airlines Reservations; taxes, fees or charges payable in connection with AAdvantage® award travel; AmericanAirlines Vacations SM or non-flight products and/or services sold by American Airlines.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
If anyone still cares, the Westlake Village Costco was full of these this afternoon.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:16 pm

work on co.uk?

can i pay for a flight in GBP on americanairlines.co.uk with the card at all please?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by kawoh
can i pay for a flight in GBP on americanairlines.co.uk with the card at all please?
Suspect not since they are sold as $300USD and only good for trips from the US.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:26 pm

Any in the San Diego area ? Headin there this weekend for 4-5 days, could make a trip to Costco.

--wes
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
The Costco on South Airport Blvd north of SFO still has them in stock.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by wesmanz
Any in the San Diego area ? Headin there this weekend for 4-5 days, could make a trip to Costco.

--wes

I was just there a couple of weeks ago and the one in Poway had them, picked up 8. The one in Carmel Mountain did not stock them.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3MM AA, Admirals Club
Scottsdale Costco has them, too. The only Costco in The Valley that has them.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by FIGJAM
I was just there a couple of weeks ago and the one in Poway had them, picked up 8. The one in Carmel Mountain did not stock them.
cool, thanks.

I'll be downtown off Broadway in San Diego, anything close to there ?

--wes
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:17 pm

I've found several fairly close to where i'll be staying. I'll call tomorrow to some of those locations and see who has them.

--wes
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM DL PLT
Finally sucked it up and got a Costco membership. I feel stupid having waiting so long, losing out on hundreds of dollars in the last six months. I can get them at the Oak Brook location near Chicago.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by mathlete
Finally sucked it up and got a Costco membership. I feel stupid having waiting so long, losing out on hundreds of dollars in the last six months. I can get them at the Oak Brook location near Chicago.
If you are going to buy a lot of AA cards, or spend significant amount of money there you should consider getting an Executive Membership. It costs $50 more but you get a 2% rebate check at the end of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.